Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:34 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,366,221 times

Advertisements

Nonsense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 10:01 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,423,021 times
I think people have more sex with a bad economy. I think you are all too old, when you are young and in lust, you can make love in a Subaru, in a sleeping bag, in a box, in a pool...

As a mean ole Mama, I will admit I did not let my grown sons have women friends spend the night. I thought they would never move out if living at home was too comfy. And none of my kids live at home...

Old 02-26-2012, 10:05 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,142,446 times
I didn't date when I had limited income...

Fortunately it was only for a month!

So I'd guess yes...

Old 02-26-2012, 10:06 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,029,608 times
I don't think so. I know a lot of married men who lost there jobs through this bad economy...And started to have a ton of sex with there wife because there wasn't much else to do lol.

Sure he might fix a few things around the house, try to look for work and spend more time with the kids.

But when the kids are at school, and wife doesn't have to be at work until noon...bow chica wow...

Old 02-26-2012, 10:11 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,552,203 times
something very unmanly about going into another man's house and doing her daughter.
how bout get a job go share an apt with somebody and give them the evening out and have her over?
just a suggestion.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:29 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,030,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't think so. I know a lot of married men who lost there jobs through this bad economy...And started to have a ton of sex with there wife because there wasn't much else to do lol.
Well my question pertained to single people who are currently navigating the dating world who have moved back in with their parents.

Your scenario sounds pretty believable though, married folks bonding during tough times via sex.

Last edited by subPrimeTime; 02-26-2012 at 11:07 PM..

Old 02-26-2012, 11:06 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,030,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
how bout get a job go share an apt with somebody and give them the evening out and have her over?
just a suggestion.
Well yes that would be ideal wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure most young single people DON'T want to live with their parents and DON'T want to be underemployed, or worse yet, unemployed. But those are the breaks in 2012.

The point of the thread was hear feedback on how these circumstances affect one's sex life, both men and women. I live by myself so this isn't an issue for me, but then again it is an issue when I date women who live with their parents. At age 33 I really don't feel like picking a girl up at her parents' place for our first date, although I'll do what I gotta do.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:39 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,065,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Well yes that would be ideal wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure most young single people DON'T want to live with their parents and DON'T want to be underemployed, or worse yet, unemployed. But those are the breaks in 2012.

The point of the thread was hear feedback on how these circumstances affect one's sex life, both men and women. I live by myself so this isn't an issue for me, but then again it is an issue when I date women who live with their parents. At age 33 I really don't feel like picking a girl up at her parents' place for our first date, although I'll do what I gotta do.
The women who moved back with their parents when in their 30s will have no problem getting laid. Men on the other hand, will be lucky to date/get laid, etc. while living with parents.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:39 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,143,230 times
Quote:
Many single men and women (22-35ish) have moved home to live with their parents due to economic circumstances, which certainly can't be ideal for a healthy dating life. So with jobs hard to find and student loan debt at all time highs, do you think these circumstances are leading to less overall sex?

It has to be extra tough for guys. First of all you need a woman who's willing to sleep with a guy who lives at home, then you need parents that are cool with that.
35-ish?! Wow, that's awfully old to have to live with the parents! I'd honestly rather be dirt poor than have to live with mine, but then again, my parents abused me, so I hate them so much that I did just that for a while once I came of age - went through some periods of poverty - but I was still happier (and safer) then.

If I was out in the dating world and younger, I'd feel bad about shagging anyone in his parents' house. I'd feel like it's disrespectful, even if they didn't find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yes, this is probably true. Along the same lines, it has been studied and acknowledged that wealthy people have better sex than people who aren't.
They can afford to pay for it too, if they have to. But usually, they won't have to, because wealth and money are aphrodisiacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
People will be looking for the old cars with backseats like a sofa. Hard to get it on in new cars and trucks.
I hate those damned humps in the backseats of cars from the 90s and later. Besides, if cars didn't have those stupid humps in them, people could sleep in the back seat if they had to, instead of living with their parents.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,085,262 times
Quote:
Many single men and women (22-35ish) have moved home to live with their parents due to economic circumstances, which certainly can't be ideal for a healthy dating life. So with jobs hard to find and student loan debt at all time highs, do you think these circumstances are leading to less overall sex?

It has to be extra tough for guys. First of all you need a woman who's willing to sleep with a guy who lives at home, then you need parents that are cool with that.
As a young guy in his late 20s I try to get as much sex as I can but its difficult. The recession has been bad. I got my bachelors degree around the sametime the economy collapsed in 2008. I have a crappy concierge job that allows to work the grave yard shift and it destorys much of the nightlife. I have live with my mom not because I choose to but I have too becauuse she is sick and disabled and she sees me as a finicial assest, plus we live in NYC its one expensive place. Luckly I dont have to pay any student loans of sort and my room is hooked up with hdtvs queen size bed laptops xbox360 media center etc. Another reason I try to avoid having sex is making mistake like getting girl knocked up, I dont have enough money to raise a kid and be in a relationship with the mother at the sametime, also if things dont work out maybe in a span 6-12 months I would be forced to pay child support. So when I have sex condoms have become a life saver, every fix mins I check the cohdom and look it for a few seconds to check for holes. Im trying to get a better job with a better job Im going to look to find a woman to settle down with. Since I live with my mother she wants whats best for me. A couple of years ago i brought home a girl for her to meet my family, later on that day my mom did not like her because she was a single mother and did not approve of that. Shes cool for whatever makes me happy but single mothers for relationships are a no no but here in NYC especially in my age group its mostly single mothers out there for me to date and have sex with!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships