Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:10 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,400,864 times

Advertisements

He is "announcing" his intent to remain casual. That is fine, maybe he is just having a good time, and a serial dater. I would also see other people as well, and sort of "chill" with this guy, let him call you. Don't be too anxious to please him or be always available on his demand, especially if he calls you on Friday afternoon for a date on Friday night.

It is all a head game..play it, because you are in it to win it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 10:57 AM

31,078 posts, read 22,139,308 times
Some stranger coming over to hug you strikes me as being very odd

Regardless, enjoy your dates it's still early. He probably doesn't realize that he is being too open in sharing this information with you. I was dating a woman I met online that talked freely about who else she was dating. When I mentioned that I was also dating other people she had a cow. Apparantly she was ok with her dating other people, but not me. Most women I have dated seem to have no problems dating others as long as you don't.

Guys and girls "Keep it zipped" No one wants to hear about you seeing other people even if you are! To the OP, Enjoy yourself and keep you options open.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,549,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth98 View Post
You should start dating THAT guy! What an awesome dude.
He appeared to be a gay guy also on a date, lol.

Thanks all, I'll just chill and let him come to me. Perhaps go on other dates as well. I still want to get to know him so I'll not cut him off completely.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Obviously you both have other folks you have been communcating w/ if you are both on a dating website. I think he should be commended for being honest, if a little tacky in how he told you. You probably reacted a little dramatically if a stranger came over to comfort you. Honestly, if you are both on a dating site, did you expect him to nly have one response, one person to choose from?? I think if you like him, get over this, let it go til you hear about how his other date went. Be a sport, that is what online dating entails. Now, if you had been together for months, in a sexual relationship, then his having another date would be off-limits etc. But this is just an awkward situation, part of the new social situations w/ online dating. If it is a deal breaker for you for him to follow-up w/ this other date, than you owe it to him to be just as forthright and tell him so. If you both hit it off like you've described you probably do not have anything to worry about, on the contrary, it may just seal the deal...He may go out and find himself comparing her to you on all aspects. Relax. Give him your blessings so it won't be a big deal....otherwise you'll never know now if you guilt him.
No I didn't. I must have had a funny look on my face, but I stayed very calm. I'm not going to ask him how his date went, and if he brings it up, I will tell him he doesn't have to share this information with me, just like one poster suggested. I went out with one person initially when we started talking, so he can go ahead and see other people as well, I just don't want to hear about it.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,587,128 times
Miss Lucky...

I'm not sure you can write his remark off as honesty, although that may be what he'd like you to believe.

The reason I say that, he asked if its okay with you??

He needs to get over himself.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 PM

^^So his argument was that he wants to do things a little differently this time around, and wants to be upfront and honest from the start so the everyone involved know where they stand at all times. But I'm thinking he just wanted to show that he has other "options" so I can "step up" the game knowing there's competition. Unfortunately that can easily turn me off completely.

He is in military (Navy) so I'm thinking that's where all this cocky behaviour comes from.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:20 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,091,765 times
People do silly stuff like this for no reason.

Either to test someone out to get some emotion (which is a bad idea and never works), is insecure and needs to fluff their feathers to pretend they are really that wanted, or they are stupid.

I recently had a girl that I think really likes me continually bring up her ex is a nonchalant fashion, or talk about all these other guys she is hanging out with or make a big deal about it. Not even sure where that is going, but I'm hoping to write it off as she has no idea what she is doing and its all innocent (being entirely too optimistic with this).

Old 02-27-2012, 01:22 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,091,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
^^So his argument was that he wants to do things a little differently this time around, and wants to be upfront and honest from the start so the everyone involved know where they stand at all times. But I'm thinking he just wanted to show that he has other "options" so I can "step up" the game knowing there's competition. Unfortunately that can easily turn me off completely.

I think you're right with this. He may be trying to push you to be bold and try hard to win his attention. Like you said, that can turn people off. If that's what I'm going through, I'd rather just walk the other way than bother with someone that is tied up in too many people.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:44 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,449,975 times
Maybe he doesn't want you to feel pressured into this one relationship, so is leaving the door open in case you don't think he is the right one for you. He might be awkward with dates and doesn't understand what you want to hear. Or he has a girlfriend and is covering his tracks in case you see him with someone.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I recently had a girl that I think really likes me continually bring up her ex is a nonchalant fashion, or talk about all these other guys she is hanging out with or make a big deal about it. Not even sure where that is going, but I'm hoping to write it off as she has no idea what she is doing and its all innocent (being entirely too optimistic with this).
Funny, because it's so similar to the situation you described. I know he likes me a lot. He's very romantic and promising in his emails (as in "you are the first thing that came into my mind when I woke up this morning", "I look forward to the posibilities ahead of us" etc), and writes and calls everyday since we started speaking three weeks ago. This stunt was the last thing I expected from him. He also has a tendency to talk about his exgirlfriend in the same nonchalant manner like this is all good. I thought it was pretty interesting when he asked me to help him pick his car and motorcycle (so he drives the motorcycle and I drive the car) at his ex's house next weekend.

Another scenario could be that perhaps he doesn't want to develop an emotional attachment with me so soon and so he's distracting himself by multidating (even though this doesn't address why he had to tell me). He constantly repeats that he feel a great connection with me, and it sometimes "scares" him.We happened to call each other at the exact same time yesterday and he said that "really" scared him.

Interesting guy, for sure. Will see where this goes, but I'm just going to keep my cool for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships