Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:13 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about how when it comes to sex, or if you read an article or book about sex, it's generally about how to please a woman, how to give her pleasure.etc. Only a short section, if any, is reserved on how to give the man pleasure. Maybe it's because female stimulation is so complex and mysterious, so it needs more explanation? I think there's a backlash where the focus is usually on the female side of things...notice how most of those sex experts tend to be women, even those giving advice to men about male sexuality?

Anyway I was thinking how this could be re-applied to the sphere of relationships in general. Is it the nature of relationships that men have to do all the work? The courting, the impressing, saying all the nice things...

I mean I think the whole idea of that a woman's only job is to please her man is pretty degrading, but it seems things have gone in the opposite direction, that men are only there to please or entertain women. In other words it's all about HER, her needs, her wants, her requirements. Is all this the effort required by the male?? Magazines about how to look good etc...it seems women are more interested in themselves rather than males as such, while men are actually interested in women. And then the stereotype that women mainly 'use' men for money which is odious and outdated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 09:16 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Uuuuuggghhhh And the articles written for women are on giving the man pleasure.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:19 AM

3,920 posts, read 6,833,898 times
"I dont always give a women pleasure... but when I do, I dont need books to teach me how."

Old 02-28-2012, 09:30 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Well, when you're having sex, generally both people should end up satisfied. For many years people didn't talk about sex. Sex was over once the man was done. The general wisdom was that women didn't like sex or that women were frigid. Now women are much more open about their needs and what they want in and out of bed, and that's good, because it usually benefits both partners.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
You may be overthinking it.

IMO, there may be more written about helping women find pleasure in sex, since women as a group find it more difficult to reach orgasm compared to guys.

I woulldn't relate it to relationship as a whole, to generalize it and say that a man's role is to make sure the woman is pleased, without there being some sort of reciprication.

Relationships are between partners. Although there sometimes are gender roles (guys tend to chase girls, etc), both individuals need to be engaged, helpful, providing, and attentive to each other.

PS, in my experience, I find myself more satisfied when the woman I am with is satisfied. It makes it better all around!

Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Besides, you said it yourself.

How to pleasure a man is no big mystery.

Here's a secret from someone who used to work in publishing: Those articles and headlines are designed to sell magazines by making you, the buyer, feel inadequate so you feel compelled to spend your money and buy the magazine to find out the #1 tip to keep yourself from feeling inadequate.

That's it!

Don't let media tell you how to live your life.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:32 AM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Woman are not that complex. There are just a handful of techniques that work well (The rest is just tactile feedback, speed and tempo). There are small percentage of woman that you cant please no matter how much you read in a book. Once women are comfortable with their sexuality they respond in a similar fasion to men. Men really arent that much different even though many woman think we just want to get laid at all cost.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,496 times
Um, it's not. One could easily say the same about men, or about pleasing both people equally. It depends on what resources you use.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Besides, you said it yourself.

How to pleasure a man is no big mystery.

Here's a secret from someone who used to work in publishing: Those articles and headlines are designed to sell magazines by making you, the buyer, feel inadequate so you feel compelled to spend your money and buy the magazine to find out the #1 tip to keep yourself from feeling inadequate.

That's it!

Don't let media tell you how to live your life.
You are right. My background is in journalism also and those magazines are designed to sell....Remember Trimac, magazines are a buisness trying to generate as much profit as possible!

(Now that's not saying I don't contribute to the problem and read those women's magazines myself ).

Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I was thinking about how when it comes to sex, or if you read an article or book about sex, it's generally about how to please a woman, how to give her pleasure.etc. Only a short section, if any, is reserved on how to give the man pleasure. Maybe it's because female stimulation is so complex and mysterious, so it needs more explanation? I think there's a backlash where the focus is usually on the female side of things...notice how most of those sex experts tend to be women, even those giving advice to men about male sexuality?

Anyway I was thinking how this could be re-applied to the sphere of relationships in general. Is it the nature of relationships that men have to do all the work? The courting, the impressing, saying all the nice things...

I mean I think the whole idea of that a woman's only job is to please her man is pretty degrading, but it seems things have gone in the opposite direction, that men are only there to please or entertain women. In other words it's all about HER, her needs, her wants, her requirements. Is all this the effort required by the male?? Magazines about how to look good etc...it seems women are more interested in themselves rather than males as such, while men are actually interested in women. And then the stereotype that women mainly 'use' men for money which is odious and outdated...

Okay - you have no experience with sex. So you don't understand this. At all. And that's okay. But this thread is sooooooo off base. Let me ask you this - how many men do you think have trouble orgasming during sex? And women? Even if you haven't had sex - you MUST know that it's extremely rare for men to have trouble orgasming and it's extremely common for women. And only a man who is a selfish a-hole would think that a sex life is great if he's the only one that orgasms regularly.

Stop reading magazines. Stop looking for things to be upset about. Stop raging about equality.

Let me tell you something - if you take the time to try to make the right woman happy - if you romance her, if you pleasure her, if you treat her well - most likely, she will reciprocate and make your life unbelievably better. Being a generous person can make your whole life worth living. Being a stingy a-hole will leave you bitter and alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships