Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 03:10 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
It is not about whether or not someone is entitled. NO ONE is. It is a simple matter of attraction. One may find a mate and keep them. But for my money, I am going to do what it takes to look the best I can. Including being fit. I don't want a giant climbing up on me any more than my husband wants to push my rolls out of the way.

They treat you as if you are NOT entitled to the same things, etc. it is not just about 'not being attracted,' they devalue you as a person based on this. Exactly like I said before. Whereas a person that is "ugly" I do not devalue their worth as people. You can disagree with it, I don't care if you do, but that doesn't change how I see them reacting to larger women.

What you want is your buisness, I guess.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:10 PM

819 posts, read 1,130,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy1087 View Post
It certainly doesn't make her less valuable either in the dating pool.
Yes it does. Why do you keep trying to dispute this fact? Guys who are poor are less valuable in the dating pool, as are ugly guys. Are fat women somehow excluded from losing value simply because you deem it to be so?

Old 06-21-2012, 03:12 PM

254 posts, read 341,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
You can say it's 'wrong' all you want. Obviously not everyone is going to agree, this includes me. This is how I sees the men reacting towards larger women, so that's why I said that.

And FYI, I'm included in the group of women I'm talking about.
Group of women you're talking about? Sorry before your last post, I haven't read too many of them so could you please specify.

Im talking about conforming to this mentality. You don't think it's wrong at all? As a woman?

Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,076,276 times
Quote:
They treat you as if you are NOT entitled to the same things, etc. it is not just about 'not being attracted,' they devalue you as a person based on this. Exactly like I said before. Whereas a person that is "ugly" I do not devalue their worth as people. You can disagree with it, I don't care if you do, but that doesn't change how I see them reacting to larger women.

What you want is your buisness, I guess.
I think you are talking about something different than what we are talking about. We're simply talking about weight as it relates to attraction and relationships. You seem to be talking about just treating people in general with human decency.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Yes it does. Why do you keep trying to dispute this fact? Guys who are poor are less valuable in the dating pool, as are ugly guys. Are fat women somehow excluded from losing value simply because you deem it to be so?
No it doesn't. Why do you keep disputing this? Is it that way because you say so?

I'm not trying to be difficult but I'm trying to figure out how someone could be so de-humanizing as to say someone is not a valuable person because of weight....

Old 06-21-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Group of women you're talking about? Sorry before your last post, I haven't read too many of them so could you please specify.

Im talking about conforming to this mentality. You don't think it's wrong at all? As a woman?
someone sent me a message basically saying 'stop putting fat women down' as if I'm not in this category. I am considered overweight for what my height is, I was not always overweight. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Yes I think the mentality is wrong, but I don't care about how people 'should' think I care about how they DO think. And far as I can tell to the men: it doesn't matter how nice, bubbly, fun, etc. you are if you're fat as a woman they don't see you as having any more worth then someone to screw on the weekends or use for a place to stay, hot meals, etc. Again, I'm not saying it's right, just saying that's how I see them thinking no point in denying they don't, just because it's 'wrong.'

Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I think you are talking about something different than what we are talking about. We're simply talking about weight as it relates to attraction and relationships. You seem to be talking about just treating people in general with human decency.

yes, I know. I'm talking about how men treat women differently in general based on size. they tries to say it has something to do with being 'unattractive' which may be half true, but the other part of it is they often devalue these women in general as compared to others. They make all kinds of jokes and everything and feel they're entitled to do that but yet don't like it if a woman cracks on them for their 'problems,' or however you want to put it. I know myself, JetJockey and others been in these situations before to claim this.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Sure, but if she wants to complain about men not wanting her then she has to realize she can't have it both ways. She can't have her cake (literally) and eat it, too. If she wants to be overweight because she enjoys eating and not exercising that's fine but the tradeoff is men won't like her as much.

Sort of like, I could get really into puppet theatre, but I wouldn't expect women to flock to me while I did it.
I think you're confusing complaining with discussing the fact that weight is such a small thing to be put off by when there are worst things to be put off by.

Bad criminal history/background

Bad credit

Is a cheater/untrustworthy

I'm sorry but if someone doesn't want to get to know me because I'm a, "fattie," in their opinion, that's pretty stupid when it could be worse..

Old 06-21-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
someone sent me a message basically saying 'stop putting fat women down' as if I'm not in this category. I am considered overweight for what my height is, I was not always overweight. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Yes I think the mentality is wrong, but I don't care about how people 'should' think I care about how they DO think. And far as I can tell to the men: it doesn't matter how nice, bubbly, fun, etc. you are if you're fat as a woman they don't see you as having any more worth then someone to screw on the weekends or use for a place to stay, hot meals, etc. Again, I'm not saying it's right, just saying that's how I see them thinking no point in denying they don't, just because it's 'wrong.'
Oh I'm not denying they don't! I'm just saying that mentality is disgusting and they need to evolve.

P.S. I promise it wasn't me. If so, I would have blown up Free Beer's PM inbox way before yours. Lol

I have not always been overweight either. Infact I never lacked attention when I was a size 6. But now that I've been on the other side of the fence for a few years, I'm ashamed I had this mentality. Because its truly not right.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:31 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,076,276 times
Quote:
I think you're confusing complaining with discussing the fact that weight is such a small thing to be put off by when there are worst things to be put off by.

Bad criminal history/background

Bad credit

Is a cheater/untrustworthy

I'm sorry but if someone doesn't want to get to know me because I'm a, "fattie," in their opinion, that's pretty stupid when it could be worse..
But if you choose to be a fattie, you lose the right to complain about men not wanting to get to know you because you are fat. If I want to get tattoos on my face, i lose the right to complain if women dont want me because I have so much ink. You really sound like you want your cake and eat it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships