Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 03:35 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy1087 View Post
Oh I'm not denying they don't! I'm just saying that mentality is disgusting and they need to evolve.

P.S. I promise it wasn't me. If so, I would have blown up Free Beer's PM inbox way before yours. Lol

I have not always been overweight either. Infact I never lacked attention when I was a size 6. But now that I've been on the other side of the fence for a few years, I'm ashamed I had this mentality. Because its truly not right.

Oh, no I don't care about the message, just saying I'm not putting down the heavier women as if I am not one of them. Well that is different for you then, if you get the men to pay attention to you at a smaller size. Didn't seem to matter which size I was they always acted and reacted the same. That's why I'm always saying it's B.S. that 'just be nice and positive' is all they are looking for in a woman. Yea right. Some women and men are 'un-dateable' IMO.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:37 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,430,038 times
Quote:
I think you're confusing complaining with discussing the fact that weight is such a small thing to be put off by when there are worst things to be put off by.

Bad criminal history/background

Bad credit

Is a cheater/untrustworthy

I'm sorry but if someone doesn't want to get to know me because I'm a, "fattie," in their opinion, that's pretty stupid when it could be worse..
Well, good luck changing what people are and aren't attracted to.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:39 PM

254 posts, read 341,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
But if you choose to be a fattie, you lose the right to complain about men not wanting to get to know you because you are fat. If I want to get tattoos on my face, i lose the right to complain if women dont want me because I have so much ink. You really sound like you want your cake and eat it too.
How? Because I a few extra pounds? That doesn't take away my right to believe men are shallow to disregard me for being over weight when as I said before, they could wind up with worse?

And as a so called former, "fatty," you should know that.

Losing weight doesn't give you the right to be a jack*ss to me because I still have extra pounds. You used to get treated that way from what you say, so why is it okay for you do it now that you lost weight? It doesn't.

I'm not trying to have my cake and eat it to. I'm asking for basic human understanding, compassion and/or decency. Something men clearly don't think us, "fatties," deserve.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Well, good luck changing what people are and aren't attracted to.
Not really trying to. Just trying to get people to think long enough to get out of their own way if you catch my drift.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,077,172 times
Quote:
How? Because I a few extra pounds? That doesn't take away my right to believe men are shallow to disregard me over weight when as I said before, they could wind up with worse?

And as a so called former, "fatty," you should know that.

Losing weight doesn't give you the right to be a jack*ss to me because I still have extra pounds. You used to get treated that way from what you say, so why is it okay for you do it now that you lost weight? It doesn't.

I'm not trying to have my cake and eat it to. I'm asking for basic human understanding, compassion and/or decency. Something men clearly don't think us, "fatties," deserve.
I'm talking about simply being attracted to overweight people, i'm not talking about being treated with human decency. When I was overweight, i didnt expect women to be attracted to and want to go on a date with me. I expected them to treat with human decency but I had no problem with them not wanting to date me. I swear, i believe we are having different conversations. I'm talking about just simply being attracted to someone who looks like rosanne.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Oh, no I don't care about the message, just saying I'm not putting down the heavier women as if I am not one of them. Well that is different for you then, if you get the men to pay attention to you at a smaller size. Didn't seem to matter which size I was they always acted and reacted the same. That's why I'm always saying it's B.S. that 'just be nice and positive' is all they are looking for in a woman. Yea right. Some women and men are 'un-dateable' IMO.
I do agree with you that the have a positive mentality is complete B.S. People don't care about that. They only care about appearances. Which is sad.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:48 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,077,172 times
Quote:
Not really trying to. Just trying to get people to think long enough to get out of their own way if you catch my drift.
Let me ask you this, all things being equal, is it shallow if a guy picks the thin woman over the overweight woman? Remeber, all things being equal.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about simply being attracted to overweight people, i'm not talking about being treated with human decency. When I was overweight, i didnt expect women to be attracted to and want to go on a date with me. I expected them to treat with human decency but I had no problem with them not wanting to date me. I swear, i believe we are having different conversations. I'm talking about just simply being attracted to someone who looks like rosanne.
If someone looks like Roseanne, then oh well! That doesn't mean she's less valuable on the dating market.

I dont think we are having 2 different convos here, I'm just trying to appeal to your basic human emotions.

You didn't think it was messed up that these women wouldn't give you the time of day because of a silly fixable reason such as your weight? I know I think it's messed up. And I actually do work out and try!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Let me ask you this, all things being equal, is it shallow if a guy picks the thin woman over the overweight woman? Remeber, all things being equal.
If things were equal, there wouldn't be overweight or skinny.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:56 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,782 times
Quote:
I do agree with you that the have a positive mentality is complete B.S. People don't care about that. They only care about appearances. Which is sad.

well some of the men claims on here they don't want the 'b*tchy hot woman' they will take some nice plain jane over her. who do they think they are fooling with this B.S? LOL.

Far as I've ever seen IRL, they will take the 'hot b*tchy woman' no matter how she acts towards them as long as she wants them as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships