Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:50 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,671,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
So it is ok for you to ridicule women who are bigger than you, to call them names... but if someone smaller does the same to you, they are horrible and shallow? To me being 50 pounds overweight puts a person in the "fat ass" category but I would never actually call anyone that... why is it ok for you to do it to someone bigger than you?
Very good point, Ong. Horribly obese people (50 pounds overweight is horribly obese because that means you're 25 to 50 percent more "person" than what a healthy adult should be) love to point fingers at horribly obese people who are bigger than themselves. I'm sorry. If you're 50 pounds overweight, you may as well be 200 pounds overweight in my book. 10 to 20 pounds happens. 50 is out of control.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:51 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,328,974 times
fat people are despicable their slovenly eating habits and how they abuse their bodies and subject the rest of us to their grotesque pig-features is immoral.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:54 PM

819 posts, read 1,131,150 times
So now we're arbitrarily defining what's obese and what's merely overweight? Sorry, if you're 50 pounds over your ideal weight, you're obese. Also, a woman who is 50 pounds overweight might as well weigh 400 pounds for all I care; it's the same exact thing.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:10 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,792,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy1087 View Post
I think the fundamental thing you're failing to realize that by saying you wouldn't even think of dating someone because they have a little extra weight, is practically telling that person that they aren't worthy of your love and affection.

And I love how you literally as a woman just tried to backhand me with my own weight problem. Thanks. Coming from a woman that's pretty shameful.
No that's not what I said.

You are choosing to be offended by what I've said.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:17 AM

254 posts, read 342,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Very good point, Ong. Horribly obese people (50 pounds overweight is horribly obese because that means you're 25 to 50 percent more "person" than what a healthy adult should be) love to point fingers at horribly obese people who are bigger than themselves. I'm sorry. If you're 50 pounds overweight, you may as well be 200 pounds overweight in my book. 10 to 20 pounds happens. 50 is out of control.
Maybe you failed math in school but 50 pounds is nowhere close to 200, 300 or 350 lbs.

I'd take 50 lbs (which is a lot easier to lose), than any of those other 3 options any day.

I know a lot of people who would, and to say if you had to choose between 50 or 200 plus that you wouldn't would just be a lie.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
fat people are despicable their slovenly eating habits and how they abuse their bodies and subject the rest of us to their grotesque pig-features is immoral.
Elitist attitude much?

Beer, it looks like your back up arrived.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
So now we're arbitrarily defining what's obese and what's merely overweight? Sorry, if you're 50 pounds over your ideal weight, you're obese. Also, a woman who is 50 pounds overweight might as well weigh 400 pounds for all I care; it's the same exact thing.
My ideal weight is different than where I could settle and it would still be considered normal weight range. If that's the case, I'd truly only need to lose 30-35 lbs. I'm choosing to lose more.

That my personal standard. Don't hate on it someone just because of their weight. It makes you look like an immoral and insensitive d*ck.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
No that's not what I said.

You are choosing to be offended by what I've said.
I'm not choosing to be offended, I am offend because you chose to try to back hand me about my own weight to pretty much support your skinny girl mentality stance. Cause and effect.

P.S. I didn't say that's what you said, I said the fundamental thing you fail to realize is... And explained from there.

Did you or did not say you wouldn't date an overweight person because you are a fit person and you like fit people? That's exactly what my last comment you was referring too.

And see there, I did all that explaining without having to verbally back hand you to get my point across! Gee, what a concept!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:28 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,328,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy1087 View Post
Elitist attitude much?

Beer, it looks like your back up arrived.
how is that 'elitist'
the fact remains that most people in this country are fat because they are undisciplined pigs who ram obscene amounts of food down their gullets, don't exercise and live sloppy sedentary lifestyles. this is disgusting to me. it is unacceptable and immoral and they are becoming a burden to our society and on our earth's resources
they are disgusting to look at. being overweight by 10 lbs is one thing but carrying around 50+ lbs of disgusting lard is despicable. seeing them sweat up a flight of stars, imagining the burden they are placing on their ankles and how hard their poor hydrogenated fat laced heart and arteries has to work to pump blood all over that nasty pig like body.

fat people should be publicly shamed into losing weight. like, be ridiculed non stop whereever they go so they know how bad they are making us feel by subjecting us to their deformed mutated bodies

Old 06-22-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
how is that 'elitist'
the fact remains that most people in this country are fat because they are undisciplined pigs who ram obscene amounts of food down their gullets, don't exercise and live sloppy sedentary lifestyles. this is disgusting to me. it is unacceptable and immoral and they are becoming a burden to our society and on our earth's resources
they are disgusting to look at. being overweight by 10 lbs is one thing but carrying around 50+ lbs of disgusting lard is despicable. seeing them sweat up a flight of stars, imagining the burden they are placing on their ankles and how hard their poor hydrogenated fat laced heart and arteries has to work to pump blood all over that nasty pig like body.

fat people should be publicly shamed into losing weight. like, be ridiculed non stop whereever they go so they know how bad they are making us feel by subjecting us to their deformed mutated bodies
Wow... So you're an extremist against overweight people?

Bwahahahahaha oh man, this is about the get fun and interesting.

So fat people are the only ones who are ruining the earth, using it resources, etc? Dude get your head out of your over priviledged ass and do some research! The United states is the biggest consumer of all resources! Foreign and domestic. That includes skinny and overweight people!

Do you not use gas for your car? Do you not pollute the earth with garbage? You're just as guilty of it as an overweight person.

And do you truly think shaming overweight people will make them want to lose weight? You're a real piece of work. I think you and Beer should make a support group together lmao seriously. The last thing that works is shaming overweight people. compassion, understand and being a human will be better motivators to help. It's a proven fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships