Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:24 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,987,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Im not seeing how you come to the conclusion that all women are bisexual. Glancing over this study you could come to the conclusion that all straight men are homophobes or that all women are actually more visual than men.
That study is very interesting. When I read it, it appeared to me that men are very honest and straight forward about their feelings of sexual arousal, as how they manually rated their arousal actually matched up with how aroused the gadgets attached to their genitals and vitals showed. Men seem to be either actually aroused by one gender or the other correlating with their claimed sexual orientation.

Women, on the other hand, were pretty close to being equally aroused by all of the stimuli put before them, according to the gadgetry measuring their biological responses. Whether it be lesbians seeing gay dudes having sex or straight women seeing the same. YET, the women were less honest and chose that they were most aroused according to their claimed sexual orientation (what they want you to think).

So it seems, as the study sort of concluded, that women are more physically aroused by the "act of sex" rather than a specific gender, while men aren't the same way.

So, to answer your question -
I didn't come to a conclusion. But how I came to wonder if perhaps women's sexuality is more fluid and can drift or change is because this study seems to show they're physically aroused by any sexual stimuli. Therefore, if their sexual arousal isn't tied to a specific gender AND they don't have a desire to have children, is it possible some women could weigh the pros and cons and choose to date other women and leave men out of the picture? Is it possible a woman's personality could make other women better relationship material and thus choose women over men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I don't buy into the idea that all women are bis*xual, not for a minute...this is merely social engineering by parties that specifically *want* to (falsely) promote the idea that women are bis*xual. That's what they want you to think! Women are not automatically bis*xual...if for no other reason than if actually they were, the human race would very likely have gone extinct, a long time ago (as female homos*xual couples simply cannot naturally procreate without a male reproductive gamete, either through artificial insemination, or other scientific techniques independent of intercourse).
The human race wouldn't necessarily have gone extinct by now if women are bisexual. Society and religion has made homosexuality a taboo, and thus kept women in line and kept many of the women who might have otherwise chosen women as romantic partners from acting on the possibility. That, and if a woman wants kids, getting with another chick isn't going to get that accomplished. Besides, if all women are bisexual - that doesn't mean they all would choose other women. Oh, and I certainly don't have any desire for women to be bisexual or want people to think that. Female homosexuality actually troubles me a bit more than male homosexuality. But ultimately it is what it is and can't be changed, even if it is interesting to wonder and know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,389,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
I'm pansexual and married to a polysexual.
Is that because you were a Pan Am flight attendant and because your spouse got a degree in human sexuality from the nearby Polytechnic?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,721,264 times
Women are no more likely to be bisexual than men.

It's just that women are being socially programmed to be bisexual.

Keep in mind that it's mainly the younger women who are bisexual these days.

Women are trained by the television to become aroused by the female form just like a man is.

Female bodies are sexualized just like male bodies were during many ancient societies.

You guys have no idea how widespread female bisexuality is in America.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:42 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,389,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Women are no more likely to be bisexual than men.

It's just that women are being socially programmed to be bisexual.

Keep in mind that it's mainly the younger women who are bisexual these days.

Women are trained by the television to become aroused by the female form just like a man is.

Female bodies are sexualized just like male bodies were during many ancient societies.

You guys have no idea how widespread female bisexuality is in America.
If it's that rampant and the percentages are that high, what does it do to the likelihood of monogamous male-female relationships succeeding and leading to a nuclear family?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:59 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,959 times
Have I died and gone to hell, or are there just a lot of bisexual threads, lately?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
If it's that rampant and the percentages are that high, what does it do to the likelihood of monogamous male-female relationships succeeding and leading to a nuclear family?
Bisexual women ARE capable of being monogamous but since female bisexuality is so rampant in the 18-30 female crowd, you now have a higher percentage of women who WILL cheat on their men with women.

I spoke to a lesbian girl not too long ago and she said that a lot of bisexual women cheat on their men with women.

The family unit has been breaking down for decades. It will continue to get broken down.

It's going to get so bad that eventually men in America will have to use sex robots which are being developed and you won't be able to tell the difference between a real woman and a sex robot.

Lesbianism is rampant among young women in America and Canada.

I know it's been bad in Montreal because I spoke to a guy from Montreal about female bisexuality.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,122,980 times
Quote:
Bisexual women ARE capable of being monogamous but since female bisexuality is so rampant in the 18-30 female crowd, you now have a higher percentage of women who WILL cheat on their men with women.

I spoke to a lesbian girl not too long ago and she said that a lot of bisexual women cheat on their men with women.

The family unit has been breaking down for decades. It will continue to get broken down.

It's going to get so bad that eventually men in America will have to use sex robots which are being developed and you won't be able to tell the difference between a real woman and a sex robot.

Lesbianism is rampant among young women in America and Canada.

I know it's been bad in Montreal because I spoke to a guy from Montreal about female bisexuality.
You all are really exaggerating.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 AM

36,576 posts, read 30,907,841 times
Quote:
So, to answer your question -
I didn't come to a conclusion. But how I came to wonder if perhaps women's sexuality is more fluid and can drift or change is because this study seems to show they're physically aroused by any sexual stimuli. Therefore, if their sexual arousal isn't tied to a specific gender AND they don't have a desire to have children, is it possible some women could weigh the pros and cons and choose to date other women and leave men out of the picture? Is it possible a woman's personality could make other women better relationship material and thus choose women over men?

I still dont think so. I believe women tend to lie or hide their true sexuality because we have been conditioned to do so. To embrace it would make us deviants. This may explain the descrepancy in the physical test and manual test.

Ive always wanted to deny that men are more visual, but perhaps this study points to that. Where men were more stimulated by gender this could be the visual effect of the female body, where women were stimulated by the actual act. Pehaps the act overrides the gender but dosent mean they are actually equally arroused by both genders. (I really didnt dive that deep into the study. Just making alternative theories to what I did skim over.)

It also appears to me that more women do experiment in bi sexuality but I believe this is due to it being socially acceptable and actually "cool". Where women have been considered deviant for actually being sexual and enjoying sex when it pleases them, it is still more acceptable for women to engage in more "expressive" sexual acts if it is to please a man and its evident that seeing and engaging in woman on woman action is pleasing to man.

I dont think any of this equates to women not have a sexual preference, just a men do, and being able to compare the pros and cons and choose which gender to be attracted to. If this were true, Id be having sex with women instead of men, but there is a definate ick factor for me.

I think even bi-sexuals prefer one gender over the other. I wonder too if bi sexuals are that way throughout their life or if it is mostly a phase or experiment.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You all are really exaggerating.
Another guy on this forum said the same thing that you are and once he started doing research he now believes it.

There was a forum that I found on google and it was full of women who had boyfriends and married who were saying how they were cheating on their men with other women.

I spoke to a guy online who personally knew 2 women who were sleeping with women behind their husband's back.

Keep in mind that maybe within YOUR circle and generation you don't see it but among the YOUNGER women, it's very prevalent.

Just because you don't know many people like this doesn't mean they don't exist.

Keep in mind this is more common in WESTERN women.

Check out this link: 60 percent of heterosexual women are attracted to other women | LGBT Weekly

Old 04-19-2012, 09:55 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,765,938 times
Quote:
Another guy on this forum said the same thing that you are and once he started doing research he now believes it.

There was a forum that I found on google and it was full of women who had boyfriends and married who were saying how they were cheating on their men with other women.

I spoke to a guy online who personally knew 2 women who were sleeping with women behind their husband's back.

Keep in mind that maybe within YOUR circle and generation you don't see it but among the YOUNGER women, it's very prevalent.

Just because you don't know many people like this doesn't mean they don't exist.

Keep in mind this is more common in WESTERN women.

Check out this link: 60 percent of heterosexual women are attracted to other women | LGBT Weekly
It is a self-fulfilling prophecy...if more younger women *are* becoming bis*xual, I would attribute it to recent radical social engineering, not natural biological impulses. Society now decrees it is "cool" to be bi...so of course young women would obviously be vulnerable to this kind of brainwashing.

The only reason for the increase in bis*xuality is b/c modern society has intentionally and deliberately made it happen, through brainwashing and propaganda...it could just as easily be undone, using the methods similar to those of the promoters and advocates of this movement but the other way around (of course they'll fight tooth and nail to never let that happen, but that's another post entirely).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships