Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,023,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGirl View Post
Wow, there are some paranoid people on this site. I agree with the poster who said he probably doesn't really want your kid on the date, but he's trying to tell you that he's interested enough in you to endure it if you absolutely have to. I think it's a very kind, understanding thing to do.
Hell yeah. Have you seen statistics on how many children are molested? It's staggering. If a little paranoia keeps one child from being molested, it was worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 05:06 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,151,882 times
I would try to reschedule. Surely the other person would understand. I'd feel a bit awkward if I took my son on a date with me.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,399,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Hell yeah. Have you seen statistics on how many children are molested? It's staggering. If a little paranoia keeps one child from being molested, it was worth it.
Right, we should start abolishing schools next.

...I mean, if you all really love your children

Old 03-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,023,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Right, we should start abolishing schools next.

...I mean, if you all really love your children
Oh get real. People need to protect their children for god's sake. I wish someone had been a little paranoid when I was a child.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Oh get real. People need to protect their children for god's sake. I wish someone had been a little paranoid when I was a child.
oo keh?

I do agree that moms shouldn't take their kids with them on dates, but "because the guy might be a pedophile" is ridiculous, particularly because what this guy said has nothing to do with the chances of him being one. What do you think, he's gonna start groping her kid in the middle of the restaurant when she goes to the ladies room? Elect to sit in the back seat with him/her while the OP drives them around town? Truth be told, the kid would be at much less risk of these unspeakable things if he/she DID go on the date... because they'd be under the mother's supervision. And what if the babysitter isn't a relative? Or worse! What if he/she IS?

Even when it comes to stuff like this, one can take it too far.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 PM

37,669 posts, read 46,114,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
I think its a sweet gesture, to make this offer. But I think its really an awful idea to make the poor child be part of a date. Also, I don't think kids should meet love interests of their parents until the relationship is serious enough that marriage looks like the next step. Its just too confusing for children. A man who knows kids will certainly understand that!
This! I would hope this this guy is NOT a parent.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,781,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Something ain't right about that. Totally an internal feeling but no guy I've heard of wants a kid along on a first date. Definitely proceed with caution.
A pedophile would.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A pedophile would.
Consult my last post here and explain, please.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:44 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,308,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Something ain't right about that. Totally an internal feeling but no guy I've heard of wants a kid along on a first date. Definitely proceed with caution.
yes...definately!!

Old 03-10-2012, 07:53 PM

19,749 posts, read 20,308,897 times
I think if you are even considering bringing a child on a first date because you can't find a babysitter, then you need to slow down.

There is no reason to bring your child into your romantic life, and if you cannot find a way to separate the two, you need to forget about dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships