Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:58 AM

13,637 posts, read 10,040,055 times

Advertisements

My Wife tells me that she has booked me in for a massage.

Apparently, one of her friends does massage (just an acquaintance actually), and with me having a bad back, she thought of me. Well, I’m not into getting covered in icky oil, and am not really comfortable with the concept of letting her get her hands all over me. (If I had been single, then maybe).

I think I’ve got out of it by asking, “Does she do extras, and how much does she charge?” You never know, that could be how it is!

Having a young, skinny woman, or man, (if that be the case), clambering all over you, has got to be sexual thing, hasn’t it?

Maybe I'm just a prude!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
My Wife tells me that she has booked me in for a massage.

Apparently, one of her friends does massage (just an acquaintance actually), and with me having a bad back, she thought of me. Well, I’m not into getting covered in icky oil, and am not really comfortable with the concept of letting her get her hands all over me. (If I had been single, then maybe).

I think I’ve got out of it by asking, “Does she do extras, and how much does she charge?” You never know, that could be how it is!

Having a young, skinny woman, or man, (if that be the case), clambering all over you, has got to be sexual thing, hasn’t it?

Maybe I'm just a prude!
If you go to a professional, it is nothing sexual. They are professionals *well, the legit ones.

If your SO does it, then you know where it's going.

If your "friend" asks for one you're on some troubled water

Old 01-30-2012, 08:03 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,024,007 times
A professional massage is not sexual. It is a professional message. People get them all the time to aid in relaxation, to help with pain, tightness, or soreness. Etc.

Accepting a massage which your wife has bought for you is in no way cheating or should cause you to feel awkward.

However, if it does (and it appears it certainly does) there is really no harm in passing. Except, you may lose out on something which you may enjoy.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
It depends on what side of town your on.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:05 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,949,601 times
I booked my husband a massage for his birthday. There's nothing sexual about it. His back hurts--this will help it. (There are no oils or nakedness involved in the place we go to--it's purely functional, not sexual).

Old 01-30-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If you go to a professional, it is nothing sexual. They are professionals *well, the legit ones.

If your SO does it, then you know where it's going.

If your "friend" asks for one you're on some troubled water
She's not known her long, doesn't even know where she does it, and it's through another "friend", that it's been arranged.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It depends on what side of town your on.
This is my point, we don't know what side of town she's on, or from. This could be really embarrassing.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
A professional massage is not sexual. It is a professional message. People get them all the time to aid in relaxation, to help with pain, tightness, or soreness. Etc.

Accepting a massage which your wife has bought for you is in no way cheating or should cause you to feel awkward.

However, if it does (and it appears it certainly does) there is really no harm in passing. Except, you may lose out on something which you may enjoy.
If my back gets worse, I may reconsider.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I booked my husband a massage for his birthday. There's nothing sexual about it. His back hurts--this will help it. (There are no oils or nakedness involved in the place we go to--it's purely functional, not sexual).
I know I said “booked in”, but this was probably a mistake on my part, it’s more of a casual arrangement, I believe.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Heck no it's not sexual. It's more like physical therapy. I used to work a really high stress job and get knots in my muscles something awful to the point of not sleeping and would go get a massage every three months. It also helped lessen my migrane headaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships