Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:40 PM

474 posts, read 495,648 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, what's the best way to get back to her again though, call her or text her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 01:49 PM

607 posts, read 1,216,759 times
I prefer when a guy calls...but do whatever you feel most comfortable with. Good luck!

Old 03-16-2012, 02:01 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times
depends, some girls feel more comfortable with u texting them till ur a couple or further into the relationship.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:43 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, what's the best way to get back to her again though, call her or text her?
If she's shy I'd try texting first.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:10 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times
Really? I am surprised to this topic from you. Is she Desi?

Rule # 1 : Never get advice from women!

Quote:
I had recently come out of a breakup, I was bitter in fact very bitter to begin with but slowly understood that what had happened was for my own best perhaps and learnt to forgive both the other person involved in the relationship as well as myself which I did. So I finally decided to move on and find out what else life had to offer.

Anyway I met this woman online the other day and we instantly had a spark, we kept chatting for a while and finally decided to meet 2 days ago. I met her at a restaurant she liked, ordered some food and spoke about each other for a couple of hours. I was doing the talking for quite a bit as I am usually someone that talks quite a bit, but then I also let her talk and listened for a while about what she had to say. She was very soft spoken and I find that a very feminine and appealing quality, we spoke at length about what we had done with our career, lives, ambitions, expectations and of course just the current happenings and life/society in general.

Anyway we spent like 3 hours together and I am very interested in her. I don't know if she's but the fact that she could have made an excuse and left earlier but still stayed for 3 hours made me feel that she might be interested in me too. I would like to find out how I should proceed from here, I am not asking this not because I don't know what to do but based on my previous negative experience, I thought it was best to get a second opinion and get as many opinions as possible, esp. from the women of CD.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Maybe grab a bottle of wine and go for a picnic in the park. .
Really? On the second date. He's not at this stage yet they have to had sex already at least.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:18 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
We can't tell enough about you and her to make a judgment on-line because we don't have a "visual" of the body language and because we don't know what you both have in common.

Not to be a jerk, but I've gone on practically full-day first dates (usually showing/being shown around a city) that did NOT result in a second date, even though conversation was constant and we had a lot in common. Maybe that's why I hate Chicago. But that's another story.

Like everyone else says, you will have to ask her out a second time, and if yes, a third time....and so on.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Really? I am surprised to this topic from you. Is she Desi?

Rule # 1 : Never get advice from women!
No she's not desi, she's a White American girl. Anyway I have decided to not call or text her, I don't think it's going to work out and I wouldn't like to be rejected and feel bad about it if she says no to a second date, so I am just giving up on it.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:46 PM

Thanks to everyone, I have decided not to pursue this thing any further, but thanks for the suggestions.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:51 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times
Quote:
No she's not desi, she's a White American girl. Anyway I have decided to not call or text her, I don't think it's going to work out and I wouldn't like to be rejected and feel bad about it if she says no to a second date, so I am just giving up on it.
Are you looking for a relationship? So what if you get rejected? It is not like you lost anything.

I have got rejected like 500 times in my lifetime literally. I lost count. I enjoy the game and treat rejection like business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships