Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 12:01 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times

Advertisements

Was dealing with a few of my long time friends this weekend and their "dramas". Issues with business dealings, kung fu, investments, unfulfilled dreams, etc. and as a detached unbiased outsider, I made a comment that the root of all the "evils" and problems were the wives.

I told them "Look mother effrs" (its how I talk to my friends) "Every single one of you have these specific problems you are "fighting" over or complaining about because of negative (i.e., non-supportive) influences from your wives". Its always the wife telling the husband "Oh you should do this instead of waiting for Matt" or "Why do you have to involve Scott in this?" or "You have kids, you need to think of them first" and so on and so on and so on.

They all laughed when I brought this to their attention and agreed that before getting married, all the plans where great, flawless and sure to work. Then the wives got in the picture and kinda threw wrenches into the program. I said, if you all just DID IT and not solicited the advice from your women, all would be fine in the world. Or, if your women would have been supportive of you, all would be fine. But, even though they may have meant well, their involvement and influence ruined things for you guys. If they all just stuck with the Mod edit: "Bros first" rule, they wouldnt have these issues.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-19-2012 at 03:18 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 12:03 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
I don't have bros. Only have Mod cut: inappropriate; gender bashing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-19-2012 at 03:19 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 12:03 PM

Oh, and before any of you ask what I do, I never put anyone before Mrs. Lao, but I also dont solicit her advice on business of "MEN". Besides, she's supportive of me for whatever I want to do.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:04 PM

639 posts, read 828,176 times
Well if you decide to marry and have kids, you may have to forego some nights at sports bar, buddy trips etc

Old 03-19-2012, 12:07 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Oh, and before any of you ask what I do, I never put anyone before Mrs. Lao, but I also dont solicit her advice on business of "MEN". Besides, she's supportive of me for whatever I want to do.

Not much in the way of being sexist here are you? In my opinion if the business of "Men" includes my money it is MY Business as well.

I own my own business, my husband does not own anything but he does work for me. That being said I still ask his opinion when making a business decision because it does affect both of us in this household.

With that sort of attitude perhaps none of you should be married so you don't have to deal with the Mod cut: language, you can deal with each other and cozy up to each other on a long cold winter's night.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-19-2012 at 03:22 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 12:19 PM

31,019 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Not much in the way of being sexist here are you? In my opinion if the business of "Men" includes my money it is MY Business as well.

I own my own business, my husband does not own anything but he does work for me. That being said I still ask his opinion when making a business decision because it does affect both of us in this household.

With that sort of attitude perhaps none of you should be married so you don't have to deal with the hoes, you can deal with each other and cozy up to each other on a long cold winter's night.
Yikes, . The points you made are a good reason why many uf us may never marry.

Most woman are like this? Run bros, run!

Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,086 times
A man's wife is not a Mod cut: The offensive word has been cut from the thread title and cut from prior posts..

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-19-2012 at 03:23 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 12:30 PM

Behind every successful man, is either a SUPPORTIVE and LOVING woman, or no woman.

These guys all had plans to do things together, but unfortunately, the influences of the spouses really screwed things up. This is NOT a bashing the wife thread, but is just to give thought to maybe some guys should continue with the "bros before...." rule even after they get married, OR, try to marry someone who supports your plans/dreams and not try to change them.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:30 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yikes, . The points you made are a good reason why many uf us may never marry.

Most woman are like this? Run bros, run!

Any woman who you run from should be grateful to not have to bother with your childish sexist nonsense.

*FYI: It was my husbands decision to work for me not mine*

Old 03-19-2012, 12:41 PM

890 posts, read 2,785,249 times
The rule of Mod edit: "bros first" changes after marriage, specially after there are kids in the picture.

The literal Mod cut. becomes an insult when the woman's status changes into "wife." (Mod comment: The term in question should not be used here. Period.)
Would a man really want such terms to be heard / learned by their kids? No.
Would a man want their kids to have such ideas that their mother is a Mod cut.? No.
Would a man really want such wife with the Mod cut. connotation? No.

The Mod edit: "bros first" is a concept not for it's literal meaning. It is a matter of maintaining male friendships to exist into a man's journey in life, including marriage. It is a concept to express value of male friendships and bonding.

Marriage brings a compromise of one's life to find balance for one's personal growth, personal relationships / friendships with other men, relationships with his work, relationship with his wife, and relationship with his kids.

For a wife to have exclusive friendship with her husband which cuts off that husband's other healthy male friendships will only suffocates that man's well being and personal growth.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-19-2012 at 03:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.