Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:50 PM

206 posts, read 768,135 times

Advertisements

so i have been seeing my bf for like 5 months now. i really enjoy our time together but i cant help but feel like he is always so quick to end our hangout sessions. firstly, we dont see each other all that much; twice a week 3-4 hours each with one of times when i sleep over. other than that we have very limited contact. ( he doesnt like talking on the phone so i keep them short and rare).

but when i sleep over for example, he is like "when should you leave in the morning?" and when i say 10 am, he just says "oh, time for you to go!" on the dot and then i have no choice but to leave...even if i had the room to stay an extra 15 or so mins just to be in his company.granted 90% of the time i am on a tight schedule and its important that i leave on time, but his constant reminding makes me feel like im not wanted there...is it crazy to want a bf who WANTS to have you stay later, longer? i just dont feel welcome and act super self conscious and paranoid. i just wish we would hang out and just let it be, instead of carefully blocked sessions of time. it feels like an appointment and not a natural thing.

i have tried to let it not bother me but it grates on me. and im really annoyed. do i have the right to be? how should i deal with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 11:04 PM

688 posts, read 897,166 times
That's pretty odd behavior. By no means do I speak for all men, but if I like someone and have limited contact, I'd like to spend as much time as possible with them. The same thing with the phone. I also HATE talking on the phone, but if I like someone enough, I will talk to them until my phone dies.

The last thing I would do is kick you out at the time you preset.

Then again, maybe he just wants you to be on time as you said you are on a tight schedule.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:08 PM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Find somebody else?

Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
he can tell u wana move in. he does not wana go there.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:23 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
I always liked my GF's company. All the time. Now that we're married (for 23 years), I can't get her to leave.

What's your BF's number?

Old 03-21-2012, 11:32 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,358 times
That's definitely suspicious. I echo the other guys' responses here. If I'm into someone, I'd want to make time for her even if I'm really busy and pressed for time. I would suggest perhaps talking to him about it. Open communications is always a good policy.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:03 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,063 times
He does not want you to get too comfortable at his place. He is not ready for you to move in. That is not necessarily bad at 5 months in the relationship.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:08 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post

so i have been seeing my bf for like 5 months now. i really enjoy our time together but i cant help but feel like he is always so quick to end our hangout sessions. firstly, we dont see each other all that much; twice a week 3-4 hours each with one of times when i sleep over. other than that we have very limited contact. ( he doesnt like talking on the phone so i keep them short and rare).

but when i sleep over for example, he is like "when should you leave in the morning?" and when i say 10 am, he just says "oh, time for you to go!" on the dot and then i have no choice but to leave...even if i had the room to stay an extra 15 or so mins just to be in his company.granted 90% of the time i am on a tight schedule and its important that i leave on time, but his constant reminding makes me feel like im not wanted there...is it crazy to want a bf who WANTS to have you stay later, longer? i just dont feel welcome and act super self conscious and paranoid. i just wish we would hang out and just let it be, instead of carefully blocked sessions of time. it feels like an appointment and not a natural thing.

i have tried to let it not bother me but it grates on me. and im really annoyed. do i have the right to be? how should i deal with this?
Why would you stay when the sex is over? Meet his other girlfriend maybe that is coming at 10:30.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:19 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
He just wants you to bone and go. Sorry to tell you that.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:31 AM

773 posts, read 1,259,158 times
Wow, that's really rude behavior, and personally, I wouldn't put up with it for a nanosecond.

I don't know what's going on in your boyfriend's mind. If this bothers you, you need to come right out and tell him how you feel rather than hypothesizing. We're just strangers. The only thing we can do is give you our opinions, but that won't be fact.

If your gut tells you that something's off, something is off. How old are the two of you? When did you first start sleeping together? Is it understood that the two of you have an exclusive relationship? Does he take you out to restaurants and movies (on dates)? Because this sounds more like a "hook up" than a bonafide relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships