Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 12:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Why? You need to ask yourself that, because assuming you arent attracted to the person saying this (and your type is not preffered) why does it matter to you?
Other than sex (I like women only), I never say I'm attracted to or not attracted to any entire race or other category of person - just individual people. For someone to say they are not attracted to me because of what I am rather than who I am or what I have or have not done is offensive to me. That's why it matters to me.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:03 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Was it a WHITE guy, BLACK guy, ASIAN guy, etc.?

WHY were you called a RACIST??

And WHY can't you get more specific?

Are you a troll?
You should have read the entire post before making a fool of yourself... I already answered all of those questions

Old 03-22-2012, 12:05 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
1. I am very offended by that. I don't have the slightest idea how that type of outlook is something, as a black man, that I would deserve. Take out your issues on those people who deserve it - not me.

2. While I don't think OP is a racist, I do find that type of comment ("I'm not attracted to [insert here]) offensive as well.
Well, just from my experience some black men can be very racist and prejudice towards black women. I think they are finally getting a dose of their own medicine.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Well, just from my experience some black men can be very racist and prejudice towards black women. I think they are finally getting a dose of their own medicine.
Then say that. Say "some" black men. Say "those black men who have hurt me or done bad things to me." As it stands, by branding all black men as being racist and prejudiced, especially toward black women, you are being no better than those who actually are racist and prejudiced.

All I do on here is defend black women.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:15 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
You should have read the entire post before making a fool of yourself... I already answered all of those questions
Sorry. Your evasiveness on the first couple of pages seemed a bit "suspect".

You should have answered the question the FIRST COUPLE OF TIMES you were asked without me having to "make a fool of myself".

Old 03-22-2012, 12:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
You can just say what you are attracted to. But you never know. I fell in love with an Asian man at one time. Then at work there is a real hot black man I am attracted too. Many say so and so is cute but many stay with their own race because it's easier.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:20 PM

Look, I'm on page 7 of this thread.

Can SOMEONE (ANYONE) point me to the post where the OP answered what TYPE of person she was NOT attracted to please???

I can't seem to find it and since she said I "made a fool out of myself" for not reading the "entire thread", I'd like to know the answer WHY she was called a "racist".

Thanks.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:23 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Quote:
I went out for happy hour last night, I met some friends there, and one of them, who is african-american, brought his cousin over. Apparently the cousin liked me and since he just finalized his divorce he wanted to see if I was available.

Friend asked me: "Do you like black dudes?" I said "You know I am not attracted to black guys" he calls me a racist and goes and tells the cousin this. Cousin comes over and starts telling me how he thought I was a different kind of person, that he would've treated me like a queen, and that he knew he was better than ALL the losers I have dated and will ever date.

1. Do not blame it on the alcohol... we had just arrived.
2. I have known the friend for over 10 years, and the cousin for just as long. My friend's little brother went to school with my little sister, that is how we all met.
3. I have been a supportive (financially and emotionally), caring, compassionate friend to him and his family, as they have gone through some rough times. NOTE: I am not saying this to make me look better, just to point out that we have known each intimately, and have never, in any of our interactions through out the years, have I given him any reason to think I was racist.
4. I am a huge militant for equality, and HE has come with me to rallys and fundraisers and functions that addressed racism among other topics.

That is why I was insulted, and buffled and needed other perspectives to see if maybe I was just over reacting, OR, in all honesty, needed to rethink my believes.
Here it is Marilyn

Old 03-22-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Here it is Marilyn
Thank you Torn2pieces.

You "sound" like a racist OP.

Even if you're not, there are other ways in which you could have responded.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:44 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Thank you Torn2pieces.

You "sound" like a racist OP.

Even if you're not, there are other ways in which you could have responded.
Yes, I now realize that... Lucario made some great points, as well as a couple of other folks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships