Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:45 AM

566 posts, read 958,339 times

Advertisements

OP, yes that is crazy, abnormal, and a form of self-hatred. You should seek counseling.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:50 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
OP, yes that is crazy, abnormal, and a form of self-hatred. You should seek counseling.
I don't really agree. I mean, if women are disgusted with men in general (and many of them are), does that mean that they hate all humankind? Being disgusted with men of her own ethnicity doesn't mean that she hates herself. She should only seek counseling if it's negatively affecting her life in some way.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't really agree. I mean, if women are disgusted with men in general (and many of them are), does that mean that they hate all humankind? Being disgusted with men of her own ethnicity doesn't mean that she hates herself. She should only seek counseling if it's negatively affecting her life in some way.
No, if you're disgusted/not attracted to men of your own race, something is probably wrong.

Last edited by midatlantic12; 03-25-2012 at 12:44 PM..

Old 03-25-2012, 11:53 AM

766 posts, read 1,658,504 times
Quote:
I agree....

Old 03-25-2012, 11:54 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj31young View Post
I am not trying to create a controversial post but I've enjoyed my interactions with men from other ethnic background a lot more than my own. Now I think I am not attracted to my own. I almost feel disgusted around men of my own ethnicity. Is that crazy or what?
Everybody I know that has this issue has self-esteem issues and an inferiority complex. In some cases, if they are foreign, the move to the U.S. didn't help this issue. It made it worse.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj31young View Post
I am not trying to create a controversial post but I've enjoyed my interactions with men from other ethnic background a lot more than my own. Now I think I am not attracted to my own. I almost feel disgusted around men of my own ethnicity. Is that crazy or what?
That is not unusual. I am white, and frankly I have never been attracted to white women, especially not the Nordic type. The darker the better I am not disgusted by Nordic women, but there is simply no attraction whatsoever.
Maybe I just don't like what is usual and normal and standard.

I don't think there is something wrong with you as so many here say. Ask yourself if your lack of interest for your own ethnicity only applies to the opposite sex or to people in general. I mean, if you are unfriendlier to a clerk just because they are of your own ethnicity, then I would ask myself if maybe I was a bit racist or ethnicist if there is such a word. If however it only applies to the attraction between men and woman, then that's ok. After all, even within an ethnicity most people have types. Some white people are not interested in Nordic people, others are not interested in Mediterranean people.

Last edited by Neuling; 03-25-2012 at 12:08 PM..

Old 03-25-2012, 12:06 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
No she shouldn't. If she's not into her people's CULTURE, then no amount of "counseling" will change that.

If she's AMERICANIZED, then dealing with men who are stuck in the "old country" way of life will NEVER work. NEVER.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:09 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh56 View Post
First generation. Born and raised in the US all my life.

More of both. They have their advantages and disadvantages.
Then why don't you just deal with women who share similar background? There are hundreds of thousands all over the place.

Why struggle with people who are culturally different?

If you know that your potential mate must be loved and approved by your parents no matter what, then why not deal with a woman who comes from the same type of family?

Someone like ME, would consider you a mama's boy, but that's because I need someone that's an independent thinker and not tied to their parent's coat tails like me.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
No she shouldn't. If she's not into her people's CULTURE, then no amount of "counseling" will change that.

If she's AMERICANIZED, then dealing with men who are stuck in the "old country" way of life will NEVER work. NEVER.
You're assuming this has something to do with being AMERICANIZED and being stuck in the "old country."

Last edited by midatlantic12; 03-25-2012 at 12:43 PM..

Old 03-25-2012, 12:13 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

I don't get what you are saying...What if they are Americanized like her?

Maybe I need to go back and reread what the OP said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships