Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:20 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times

Advertisements

If it were me, and I were making even TEN times the amount my gf was PLUS she was cooking and cleaning, I'd let it go.

But I would dump a girl who wasn't willing to talk things out and come to an agreement first (She's single already anyway, as I see it). That's where your real problem may be. Remind her, tactfully, that as the relationship develops, it's gonna have to be about teamwork or it'll all fall apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 06:28 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
I say troll, made up story.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:29 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
The type of finances she's talking about should be a mutual decision you both discuss and agree on. NOT her telling you what to expect and you just going along with it. You both have to agree beforehand.

Unless you don't mind completely supporting her and her taking you for a ride, I'd have her move out, find her own place and until she shows she's willing to pull her own weight financially, start exploring your other options.

In a divorce, I could easily see her taking you for everything you have. Protect yourself!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:47 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,007,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecsandra View Post
Wait.....I am East European but our independence is very important to us!
True..in Europe...some places(like Kasachstan) a man is who can take care of his woman and that woman does not have to work..but also that woman has to do a lot more around the house....not just cooking eggs.
But she surely sounds that she is using you,and that is your fauld because you spoiled her and she does not know her bondaries anymore....or have any respect for you!

I've been there...
I was thinking Albanian.......

Old 03-29-2012, 07:38 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Hey OP-let me know when you're in FL...

Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 AM

460 posts, read 671,915 times
I think she's an entitled brat and for that alone, she should be dumped. I simply don't trust her. She's going to have an "oops" baby with you and get you on the hook for some major child support. Stop having sex with her now. This girl is a user through and through. As it's been said, a wife has some say, but a wife should DISCUSS these things before quitting. I wouldn't ever make a move without extensively talking about the plan with my husband.

BUT, in a married scenario where one person makes 63 times the amount of the other, I don't necessarily see the point of someone working to just contribute $1000 a month (his figure). That's like a $10 bucks a month to the average person. Would you work your butt off at a crappy job for $10? Just so you can say you are willing to contribute? Seems silly to me. Personally, if I were this dude's WIFE, I would try to work at his company. Then the salary wouldn't be such an issue. It would just be about contributing and being a partner. Less resentment that way IMO. She could even go to school at night

Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's the popular opinion/wishful thinking of many men (including many on this forum). I happen to have the opposite opinion. That's the reason for my question.
I do agree with you, but there are Asian American women who are greedy/gold digger and selfish/cruel to men as well.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:59 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,007,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
I do agree with you, but there are Asian American women who are greedy/gold digger and selfish/cruel to men as well.
Yup - they exist in all nationalities.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:04 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominickp View Post
She said she was raised in a culture where the men take care of everything for the woman in their lives. I've met her family and that it how her father has raised his daughter and has completely enabled the mentality she has.
And what culture is that exactly? A gold digger, spoiled brat princess comes in EVERY culture. My parents are Italian immigrants. When they came to America, my dad told my mom she couldn't be the housewife like she was in Italy. My mom had no problem going to work. She worked for 40+ years. My dad made me get a job when I was 15. My BIL, who was also an Italian immigrant was the opposite. He wanted to be the breadwinner because he wanted to control my sister. He wouldn't "allow" her to work but that's a completely different topic. In this day and age, given the economy and the price of everything, I don't see many men from other cultures making their wives NOT contribute. If they earn enough so their wife can stay home, that's great but it's completely different than brainwashing women and making them think that the woman doesn't work and is 100% supported by the man and for the woman to think that whatever she earns is HER money.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Wow, move on.
Now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships