Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

curvy is thrown around, I swear I don't even know what it means anymore....all I know they like the skinny ones and the cartoonish/caricature/Heidi Montag (post surgery) ones the most. The ones with the breasts unrealistically out of proportion with their waistline.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
and exactly what I said about butt, waist, breast ration being a caricature. ^^^^^

I don't believes they want a woman. I think they want a jessica rabbit cartoon.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why? What's the attraction? How did the boyish look become popular?
No idea, but most of my guy friends are dating/married/attracted to very thin, short girls. One of them recently got married to a 4'10 85 lb girl 13 years his junior. He said anything above 130 lbs is a 'fatass' regardless of height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
and exactly what I said about butt, waist, breast ration being a caricature. ^^^^^

I don't believes they want a woman. I think they want a jessica rabbit cartoon.
I have noticed this... They like super thin girls with fake looking boobs and butts. Of course, guys are into all sorts of women, but since I work in a shop guess what type of girls I get to stare at on Makita posters?

Old 06-30-2012, 01:20 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
whats with all the generalizations? 'they want this' or 'they want that' every guy is different, I happen to like meaty women, I dont care so much about the size as the curves, but that's just me

Old 06-30-2012, 05:44 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
"Buxom" disappeared from Playboy sometime after the women's movement. Playboy used to be full of Marilyn Monroe types (I've seen old issues from the 50's and 60's), and only began to make a comeback after fake boobs became available. There were some articles in women's mags and psychology mags analyzing why a boyish figure was suddenly the hot thing (some analysts correlated it with tough economic times, not that that has anything to do with anything), but according to our members on the last thread on this topic, men were never interested in that type. What I've noticed is that the men's magazines and Sports Illustrated have photographers that manage to get the women to pose in ways that give the illusion of curves, but they are still far from the original curvy type that was popular in Playboy's early decades. Judging by some of the photos posted here and on the earlier thread, men can't tell the difference. The women's body image has been so much thinner than the "curvy" type for so long, they respond to the thin image thinking it's the buxom one. Maybe now, with the Kardashian's popularity, there's a new tendency to return to the Monroe type.

The photo above, btw, is also a trick of photography.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships