Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:06 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times

Advertisements

Not for nothing, but William J Bennett doesn't look as though he's getting any, could be the reason why he's doing a hit piece on the men and women who are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 10:09 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've always found this really interesting... you get a lot of guys complaining that their girlfriends/wives aren't interested in sex....and yet they pass up women who actually like it because they like it 'too much'?

You'd think men would want women who loved having sex. I understand that men don't necessarily want women who will have sex with anyone, but sheesh.

see: Madonna/Wh*re complex

on one hand they claims to not want the 'trashy loud mouths' but on other hand they don't want the virginal princess either b/c she's not giving it up quick enough for them....

Old 04-04-2012, 10:10 PM

773 posts, read 1,259,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've always found this really interesting... you get a lot of guys complaining that their girlfriends/wives aren't interested in sex....and yet they pass up women who actually like it because they like it 'too much'?

You'd think men would want women who loved having sex. I understand that men don't necessarily want women who will have sex with anyone, but sheesh.
Yikes! See, my S.O. knows that I'm not a casual sex girl. He would tell you that there are times when he has to peel me off of his bod so he can get some sleep.

Just because some women don't engage in random hook-ups or have FWBs doesn't mean that we don't like sex or that we don't like it enough. That's a common misconception. We do, in fact, like sex. Adore it. All over it like white over rice. And at the same time know how to exercise self-control.

No one needs another human body in the room to get off, you know. There are these things called "vibrators," you see ...

Old 04-04-2012, 10:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
Yikes! See, my S.O. knows that I'm not a casual sex girl. He would tell you that there are times when he has to peel me off of his bod so he can get some sleep.

Just because some women don't engage in random hook-ups or have FWBs doesn't mean that we don't like sex or that we don't like it enough. That's a common misconception. We do, in fact, like sex. Adore it. All over it like white over rice. And at the same time know how to exercise self-control.

No one needs another human body in the room to get off, you know. There are these things called "vibrators," you see ...
Oh, I understand that completely. It's just always been interesting to me that many men demand chaste, nearly virginal girls and are then surprised when they aren't as interested in sex as they are.

The best of both worlds would be an inexperienced, but ready to learn nymphomaniac but I doubt those are in huge supply

Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
I thought this paragraph was good and it is absolutely what I have found relating to most women out there.

Back in the old days, there was courtship, there was a whole process and we guys had to work hard for the goods. Nowadays, most women are very aggressive, willing to give it all away so easily.

"It's considered sexism nowadays if you expect a woman to be sexually conservative because, in the minds women, being sexually conservative = being sexually unattractive. This is because Caucasian women (who make up the majority of women living in feminist societies) have become so insecure about their bodies, due to exaggerated feminist standards of beauty perpetuated by the mainstream media and entertainment industries, as well as the knowledge that women of other cultures possess much more universally appealing characteristics, that they cannot tolerate the thought of being unattractive, let alone being rejected sexually. The onus is then put on males to ensure that each and every female, no matter unattractive physically or mentally she is, never has to experience the feeling of being unattractive"

Old 04-04-2012, 10:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I thought this paragraph was good and it is absolutely what I have found relating to most women out there.

Back in the old days, there was courtship, there was a whole process and we guys had to work hard for the goods. Nowadays, most women are very aggressive, willing to give it all away so easily.

"It's considered sexism nowadays if you expect a woman to be sexually conservative because, in the minds women, being sexually conservative = being sexually unattractive. This is because Caucasian women (who make up the majority of women living in feminist societies) have become so insecure about their bodies, due to exaggerated feminist standards of beauty perpetuated by the mainstream media and entertainment industries, as well as the knowledge that women of other cultures possess much more universally appealing characteristics, that they cannot tolerate the thought of being unattractive, let alone being rejected sexually. The onus is then put on males to ensure that each and every female, no matter unattractive physically or mentally she is, never has to experience the feeling of being unattractive"
So... if we put out, we're whores, but if we wait we're sexually undesireable.

Well, if that isn't a win-win situation, I don't know what is.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Every individual woman has the right to choose what she wants to do. If you don't want to hookup then don't do it.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:40 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Every individual woman has the right to choose what she wants to do. If you don't want to hookup then don't do it.
Exactly, it's not rocket science.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:06 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,981,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I do think this is at least partially true. I also think women are starting to catch up with men in the acceptance of meaningly sex and taking intimacy with another person for granted. Personally, I think we have natural instincts that are supposed to keep us in check and keep intimacy more sacred and emotional, but I think a lot of new-age rhetoric has branded those emotions and feelings that steer us in that direction "immaturity", "insecurity", "narrow-mindedness", etc. and we've as a society sort of trained ourselves to override or work ourselves through those emotions as to not be influenced by them. Sort of intellect over natural feelings.

But then again, I could be totally off my rocker, but this is something I see as possible.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 PM

773 posts, read 1,259,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I think we have natural instincts that are supposed to keep us in check and keep intimacy more sacred and emotional, but I think a lot of new-age rhetoric has branded those emotions and feelings that steer us in that direction "immaturity", "insecurity", "narrow-mindedness", etc. and we've as a society sort of trained ourselves to override or work ourselves through those emotions as to not be influenced by them.
Astute observation. And I agree. Scientific studies indicate that the release of hormones during sex cause a woman to "bond" with her partner on an emotional level. We're physiologically wired for this on a primal level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships