Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:22 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
kids were calling it "game" when i was in middle school. it's just another way of saying: hitting on girls.
Yes, if you're a kid.
From an adult, it sounds pathetic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 07:23 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
I miss when men were actually brave enough to go up to a woman in public. But I also agree that the approach needs to be respectful.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:31 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
From an adult, it sounds pathetic
why is that?

Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
why is that?
b/c it's sounds childish. Like someone said earlier in this thread, it's kind of strange for a grown person to refer to 'practicing a day game' in reference to grown women....I didn't even know what that meant until I read the OP.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
b/c it's sounds childish. Like someone said earlier in this thread, it's kind of strange for a grown person to refer to 'practicing a day game' in reference to grown women....I didn't even know what that meant until I read the OP.
Well I think it's strange and childish that women paint their faces every day, but somehow we're all conditioned to believe that it's a normal, adult thing to do.

Either way I don't find your logic compelling. You just repeated what he said, that it "sounds" some way, that is, it makes you "feel" some way when you hear the word "Game". I already knew that. I'm hoping someone with a little bit of self-awareness can explain to me why it makes them feel such-and-such way.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Well I think it's strange and childish that women paint their faces every day, but somehow we're all conditioned to believe that it's a normal, adult thing to do.

Either way I don't find your logic compelling. You just repeated what he said, that it "sounds" some way, that is, it makes you "feel" some way when you hear the word "Game". I already knew that. I'm hoping someone with a little bit of self-awareness can explain to me why it makes them feel such-and-such way.

I don't paint my face everyday, I don't wear make up, so much for that. Unfortunately men do not pay much attention to women that don't "paint their faces every day." So talk to them about that one.

You don't have to find my logic convincing or compelling, you asked WHY and I told you why; it's childish and also as it's been explained if you bother reading previous to my answer it's somewhat dehumanizing/objectifying. If you want to refer to dating as "practicing game" on a person then that's your buisness. No reason to insult my 'self awareness' simply because you didn't like the answer.

You have seen numerous women here say they didn't think it sounded becoming to refer to women & dating them as 'practicing a day game.' I have a feeling no matter what answer you get, if it conflicts with what you want to hear it's going to be a problem. So good luck with that.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
You don't have to find my logic convincing or compelling, you asked WHY and I told you why; it's childish and also as it's been explained if you bother reading previous to my answer it's somewhat dehumanizing.
How do you figure that it is "Dehumanizing" , to hit on women during the daytime? Some other woman called it "Objectifying."

This obviously pushes y'all's buttons, which is just baffling to me.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
How do you figure that it is "Dehumanizing" , to hit on women during the daytime? Some other woman called it "Objectifying."

This obviously pushes y'all's buttons, which is just baffling to me.
It's baffling to you because you don't wish to understand it. To me it's common sense that the way it sounds: "practicing a day game" makes it seem like the women are just numbers and games to men (which I already think you think anyways but that's besides the point). But I am going to leave this to you to ponder since it's so difficult and bid you adieu.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:02 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
How do you figure that it is "Dehumanizing" , to hit on women during the daytime?
That's OK. Some of us are fine with being "dehumanized"!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's OK. Some of us are fine with being "dehumanized"!

to each his own. sure there are plenty of women out there that don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships