Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 03:14 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times

Advertisements

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to date a man who has kids and especially one who is in recovery for an addiction (been there, done that, wouldn't do it again).

However, calling these men bottom of the barrel losers who bring nothing (and posting his profile) is just nasty, mean and unnecessary. You may think he's worthless because he has "made bad choices." The thing is, just from his profile I see good choices he has made. He may not have a college degree but he has a skilled job and a car, he obviously takes care of his kid and he made the choice to get help with his addiction. Not to mention, he is honest and upfront about it. Date him or don't date him, but please don't trash him and say he brings NOTHING to the table.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:18 PM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Doctors are off the market usually before they become licensed. Medical School or sometimes even in college, good work habits is essential and women seeking that in men at a early age.
I really admire the dedication that it takes to become a Doc and I find that to be a very desirable quality in a woman. Unfortunately, I'm always thinking of the other part of being a Doc and having to deal with sick people, needles, fecies and other less than desireable thoughts. The shear volume of things you could catch is a little overwhelming.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:23 PM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
There's nothing wrong with not wanting to date a man who has kids and especially one who is in recovery for an addiction (been there, done that, wouldn't do it again).

However, calling these men bottom of the barrel losers who bring nothing (and posting his profile) is just nasty, mean and unnecessary. You may think he's worthless because he has "made bad choices." The thing is, just from his profile I see good choices he has made. He may not have a college degree but he has a skilled job and a car, he obviously takes care of his kid and he made the choice to get help with his addiction. Not to mention, he is honest and upfront about it. Date him or don't date him, but please don't trash him and say he brings NOTHING to the table.
Rep for you Great out look from a different perspective. Love the ability to think outside the "Society" box!

Old 04-09-2012, 03:29 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:

Thank you, the entitlement, I'm better than you attitude has all but destroyed dating in this country.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:32 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Thank you, the entitlement, I'm better than you attitude has all but destroyed dating in this country.
And that's exactly why I will not approach women. No damn way will I do it. Not gonna give 'em the satisfaction...

Old 04-09-2012, 03:39 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
And that's exactly why I will not approach women. No damn way will I do it. Not gonna give 'em the satisfaction...
Don't judge all women by the OP. Not all are self-entitled brats.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:44 PM

19,640 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
When did women become so entitled? its crazy how bad its gotten..

Not because of "standards" youre allowed those everyone has them but to get angry that some person would even have the nerve to ask you out and that they should know their place is so snobby and off putting..

Youre decent looking and have a degree congrats so do tons of other people..why are you so special?

A little humility goes along way..Maybe women find arrogance and cockiness attractive in the opposite sex but most men dont..
I don't know. There are a lot of women who think they are something special when they accomplish anything, even something lots of other people do. I had a friend that got a promotion, not as a boss, just a higher level, but she refused to hang out with me or others at my level anymore. Our male superiors went to lunch with us, no problem. But certain women get weird power trips, I've seen it a lot. They become professional snobs and very unpleasant and often cheap too, guarding and flaunting their stacks of accomplishments and cash. LOL, funny, get some cats, you're gonna need 'em.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:45 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:

I mentioned that before. I think the guy is trying to be honest with her I think thats a rare thing in people these days.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:53 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
It really is..

I understand if you are sucessful and not wanting to date a guy with no ambition who has no job nor does he plan to im not saying date anyone but i think online datign has made it to where people are no longer people with distinct personalities charisma etc people are now just numbers physically,what they make, education etc and now people are obsessed with a person "matching up" with their numbers and if a person lacks in a certain area they feel that pesron is beneath them.

You cant predict who youre gonna fall in love with so i think when you meet people outside you may make your standards less strict and fall i love with a person not a statistic online..

Old 04-09-2012, 03:56 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I don't know. There are a lot of women who think they are something special when they accomplish anything, even something lots of other people do. I had a friend that got a promotion, not as a boss, just a higher level, but she refused to hang out with me or others at my level anymore. Our male superiors went to lunch with us, no problem. But certain women get weird power trips, I've seen it a lot. They become professional snobs and very unpleasant and often cheap too, guarding and flaunting their stacks of accomplishments and cash. LOL, funny, get some cats, you're gonna need 'em.
I agree..ive seen it with male friends of mine as well who reach a certain level and feel like they have to put a facade on once they get there and look down on people they are friends with who arent as sucessful..

Get over yourself..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships