Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times

Advertisements

I didn't read your profile but if you are not having any luck with emails, why not just 'wink' and see what happens. I also suggest you check out 'meetup.com' to find single events in your city/area. I have a friend who had good luck with date hookup. I have had better luck with Match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 06:19 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
You know, if Im out and about, I have no problem striking up a conversation with women if its in a more casual environment like the grocery store

But if Im at a bar or a club, I freeze up and become a wall flower and I sit there and look ticked off while the Jersey shore guys get the few single girls in the club
Well....that's the worst place to even bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
I wouldn't look for a girl in a bar or a club anyway, but that's me.

It seems you don't have much to worry about. Just be yourself and it will happen.
There ya go.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Im just gonna give up on dating
Probably the best thing to do.

And no, I'm not being harsh.

You see, the instant you stop clambering around trying to force-find a relationship, you'll find somebody more naturally. Do the things you're comfortable doing; go have fun. Don't worry about having a ball and chain attached to you - let that come when it comes.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

You see, the instant you stop clambering around trying to force-find a relationship, you'll find somebody more naturally. Do the things you're comfortable doing; go have fun. Don't worry about having a ball and chain attached to you - let that come when it comes.
People tell me worry about money and women will come.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

^^This. I totally agree. When I was single I would go out all dolled up with the girls looking to meet someone and most of the time we didn't meet anyone. Well, one night my friend and I just went to a local bar to have a drink or 2 with no expectations and no intent to find a guy. I was introduced to my now husband by a mutual friend. It just happened.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:50 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
You know, if Im out and about, I have no problem striking up a conversation with women if its in a more casual environment like the grocery store

But if Im at a bar or a club, I freeze up and become a wall flower and I sit there and look ticked off while the Jersey shore guys get the few single girls in the club
So don't look for women in bars and clubs. It sounds like you're running into a fair amount of women anyway. You don't need the bars and clubs. Some women never go into the bars and clubs anyway.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:54 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So don't look for women in bars and clubs. It sounds like you're running into a fair amount of women anyway. You don't need the bars and clubs. Some women never go into the bars and clubs anyway.
More often than not, I usually run into see a lot of single women at work. Im a cashier at a local grocery store (one of the many things that me me undesirable to women, I only make $9.15 an hr, not the normal $50+ an hr most women expect) , if Im not at work Im usually at home

Im located right across the street from a major university campus so I see lots of college girls come in all the time and work with a few male students from the college who tell me that there are way more girls than guys at the school and tell me that a lot of the girls "just want to party" and always suggest that I hang out at the campus and go to parties

but i wouldnt feel right about that considering Im not a student

Last edited by DavieJ89; 04-17-2012 at 12:05 PM..

Old 04-17-2012, 12:04 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
More often than not, I usually run into these women at work (one of the many things that make me undesirable to women) Im a cashier at a local grocery store, if Im not at work Im usually at home

Im located right across the street from a major university campus so I see lots of college girls come in all the time and work with a few male students from the college who tell me that there are way more girls than guys at the school and tell me that a lot of the girls "just want to party" and always suggest that I hang out at the campus and go to parties

Why not?? My old roommate knew a bunch of kids who went to the University of Arizona and she always invited me to parties that they were having. It wasn't my scene anyways but the point is, I wasn't a student and it wasn't weird to go if I was invited. Also, why not chat up one of the regulars who come in to your store? you're a cashier, perfect opportunity!! After a while, you'll be comfortable enough to ask one of your regulars out on a date. One of my best friends was front desk at a gym and she would always chat up her now fiance when he'd go to her gym, and eventually he asked her out! Now they're getting married. I wish I was surrounded by the opposite sex like you are..you have it really easy, you just don't see it yet .

Old 04-17-2012, 12:08 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
More often than not, I usually run into these women at work (one of the many things that make me undesirable to women) Im a cashier at a local grocery store, if Im not at work Im usually at home

A college campus is the best place to meet women, I wish I would have to took more advantage of it when I was in school. Because in the real world it gets harder to meet chicks. You may not be a student, but your around the same age as most of the people on campus.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:27 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
More often than not, I usually run into see a lot of single women at work. Im a cashier at a local grocery store (one of the many things that me me undesirable to women, I only make $9.15 an hr, not the normal $50+ an hr most women expect) , if Im not at work Im usually at home Tell me where in Florida you're making $50+ an hour because then I'm moving down there.

Im located right across the street from a major university campus so I see lots of college girls come in all the time and work with a few male students from the college who tell me that there are way more girls than guys at the school and tell me that a lot of the girls "just want to party" and always suggest that I hang out at the campus and go to parties Maybe you should take their advice.

Why wouldn't you feel right about it? Sounds like you have low self esteem. You assume that most women want a 22 yr old making oodles of money. You even said that your job is one of the many things that makes you undesirable to women. Why do you think that? Maybe they're shallow and it has nothing to do with you. What are these "many things" that you feel make you undesirable? Your co-workers and peers are suggesting that you mingle at the parties. Don't let what they say determine your decision. Go to a party and check it out. What's the worst that can happen? I'm assuming you are a student as well, just not at that school. Aren't there girls on your campus or in your classes that you could strike up a conversation with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships