Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:54 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times

Advertisements

You're not too bad looking but I've gotta tell you your profile is BORING. You need to find something unique, interesting, quirky about yourself to stand out from the pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,240,868 times
I can't see your POF profile either and I wouldn't say you're unattractive. I agree with others-lose the self pics. Here's my other 2 cents-maybe they're not responding to your emails because of possibly the content of your emails. I can be a stickler when it comes to typos, grammar and punctuation (especially lack of punctuation). What exactly are you saying when you email women?

Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Your profile is quite generic, but not too bad. At least it’s not totally illiterate, creepy (full of sexual innuendos), selfish, and demanding, which is better than 90% of the profiles. It wouldn’t catch my attention, but I’m not your audience. In all honesty, there aren’t too many guys your age who can say anything interesting and intriguing anyway. I was of the same opinion when I was your age, which is the reason I always used to go for older men.

To me the pictures are the bigger problem. One of them is a cropped version of another. There’s absolutely no need for both to be there. I’m sure somebody will show up here to say how she loooooves guys who have female friends, but take my word, the majority of women don’t find pictures of other women in profiles endearing. Others already mentioned self-taken pictures with the camera in the photo don’t look good. It’s not that hard to turn the camera around! It really isn’t! You’re making some sign in the pictures I’m not familiar with, but whatever it is, it’s probably best if it’s not there.

The paragraph below is long-winded, unnecessary, and it doesn’t even make sense. What’s the difference between 20 and 21, if not grabbing an alcoholic drink…? Btw, it looks to me as if you know how to write correctly (because you write something right twice and wrong once), but you're just too sloppy and don't proofread before posting.

Age isn't really an issue but I prefer a girl who is over 21 or a little older. If youre 18-20 though and you're chill thats fine too. I just prefer girls 21+ because I like to grab a drink with my girl every now and then. Not an alcoholic though lol. But like I said if you're 18-20 I wont rule you out.

Other than that, I agree with the other posters saying there just aren’t that many girls your age on dating sites.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,861 times
I would say that you shouldn't **** with these sites, they're a one way street.

You can get play on them but indicated that you were looking for a relationship (I don't know why at your age player), and POF is a place where you can find an occasional romp. The chicks you find on these sites aren't worth it anyway, they're usually overweight or they have a little bastard.

I'd delete it and focus on bagging chicks offline, there's a higher ROI. Online dating is too much of a passive system where the ratio's aren't in your favor to begin with.

One small criticism, you see that pic of you and your friend Adrianne? Whether it's on facebook or any site like this, you never want to take pics of chicks with good looks and list them as your "friend" because it sends a subtle message that you can only seal the deal as far as the friend zone. Just keep the caption simple "vegas 20xx", that gets her inquisitive.

Last edited by Keeper; 04-17-2012 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: do not bypass language filter

Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
I would say that you shouldn't f with these sites, they're a one way street.

You can get play on them but indicated that you were looking for a relationship (I don't know why at your age player), and POF is a place where you can find an occasional romp. The chicks you find on these sites aren't worth it anyway, they're usually overweight or they have a little bastard.

I'd delete it and focus on bagging chicks offline, there's a higher ROI. Online dating is too much of a passive system where the ratio's aren't in your favor to begin with.

One small criticism, you see that pic of you and your friend Adrianne? Whether it's on facebook or any site like this, you never want to take pics of chicks with good looks and list them as your "friend" because it sends a subtle message that you can only seal the deal as far as the friend zone. Just keep the caption simple "vegas 20xx", that gets her inquisitive.
I see that chivalry is alive and well........

Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,768,692 times
Your looks arent the issue,its just online dating doesnt work well for most men.
I agree with others as well,at your age you should be out and about trying to meet more..
Women offline.If you still want to try the online thing,keep an open mind,dont..
Only email the hottest women.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:20 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The term "d-bag" comes to mind...

Old 04-16-2012, 12:18 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
yeah it is, if your still reading from a gutenberg bible.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM

908 posts, read 1,119,803 times
As a guy who has experience on there, get used to the way it is going. POF is free and therefore, CHOCK-FULL of flakes. Women I've talked to and hung out with on there are very used to getting penis pics from guys, obsessive guys, creeps, scumbags, married guys, and guys who don't take 'no'. So if you find a decent one she will usually be jaded or disappear randomly. Also, many of the women on there are there because they have a job which doesn't give them any time; it got tiring talking to women for a few weeks and they're so busy you can't keep a basic string going.

What I ended up doing was resigning myself to not chasing them. I'd say I get about 2 new people messaging me a day; I message maybe 4 a week. Most of the women fall into these categories on there: socially awkward, weird, have kids, stuck-up, immature, or flakes. I'm not trying to offend anyone with these characterizations, just the fact of the matter. I was talking to a girl with kids and she asks me me to add her on Facebook; immediately after putting out a disclaimer about some suspect photos. Turns out she's got a whole book of drunken St. Patty's photos of her dry humping various women and guys and imitating fellatio. Now this is a public site and she's got kids. That was enough to realize she was immature beyond what I was interested in.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:27 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Too stereotypical.

First off, the first picture that comes up has a popped up collar and a sideways Peace sign. That, to me, induces a facepalm. Taken that this is a crop of a latter picture just makes it even worse. Especially since that photo has an extremely attractive female in it.

Second picture is the stereotypical "Look at me taking a serious picture of myself in a bathroom mirror with my awesome smartphone" with a side of "look at the ridiculously huge windshield sunglasses that I'm wearing indoors" and the "my hair is so spiky I could spear a fish" for dessert. It's a triforce of laughter.

Now, pictures aside, I read the About Me.

No offense, but if you're looking to attract and/or impress, you'll need to relearn basic English grammar... or at least use it proficiently.

Contractions require the use of an apostrophe. Sentences end with punctuation. Commas should be used to combine ideas that don't stand alone on their own, but you don't want to overuse them. The Orlando Magic, while made up of players, is a singular noun.

Plain and simple, your profile is laughable and would only attract the stereotypical "woo-girl". And you're better off finding those in a bar. Just listen for the loud "WOOOOO!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships