Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 PM

179 posts, read 308,740 times

Advertisements

Just for some fun.

What are some things you've done that are embarrassing or potentially, weird, funny, or just difficult to get someone's attention that you were either interested in, or maybe just started dating?

For me, I actually climbed on the roof of the high school to hang a banner asking a girl to prom. I got arrested for trespassing, and she said no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 01:14 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
When I was 16, I was spending a lot of time with a guy I really liked. We had kissed once, but I wasn’t really sure how he felt. I decided to sing a song for him and play it on the piano I am a decent player and singer, so I thought it would be a great way to tell him how I feel. I decided to sing “Lost in your Eyes” by Debbie Gibson, embarrassing, I know, but it worked!

I married that guy in 2003. We dated in high school for a while, but broke up, then at age 24, we got back together.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
When I was in high school there was a Danish foreign exchange student I was dying to talk to. So I went to the public library and listened to some conversational Danish tapes and learned some phrases. During a fire drill I walked right up to him and said in my best Danish.... "Hi how are you today?"... well he just looked at me with complete shock, he could have caught flies with his mouth it was gaped open so wide. Then I said to him in Danish, "Do you understand me?"... he just nodded yes with his flycatcher wide open.

Funniest thing I ever saw.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,766 times
In kindergarten I had a crush on this girl who wore a "white buttoned sweater". That's about all I remember about her. She didn't turn out very good looking either. Anyhow, I went up to her and gave her a toy. Wish I remembered what it was, but I don't. Later on that day, her parents came by my house to return it and I was wearing some type of Incredible Hulk costume thing on. It was like green plastic that you blew up to make your arms look like the Incredible Hulk..Picture me standing there in my little "Hulk" outfit on...lol. lI am embarrissed now, but at the time I think I was too young to be truly embarrissed. I must have been about five or six . It was either 1979 or 1980.

I don't remember any more interactions with that girl..

Plus, (and I must have been a horny son of a gun) my mother had her best friend from another state stay with us one summer when I was around eight or nine. She had a daughter who was about a year younger than me. I remember pulling my pants down to show her my "thing". Then I told her to pull hers down so I could see hers. As she started to, my Uncle came by (we were in the back yard) and asked her, " what the he ll do you think your doing?". She started to blame me and I quickly said, "yeah, what are you doing-weirdo!..Needless to say, I got away with it. And no, in case your wondering I'm not a perv and I was never molested. I was just a dumb curious little boy..lol

Last edited by supermanpansy; 04-16-2012 at 02:13 PM..

Old 04-16-2012, 07:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
In college I met a guy at a party who lived in my dorm, we had great chemistry, talked for a few hours and then made sort of tentative plans to meet up later.

I didn't run into him at the dining hall the next week, so I decided to come up with a purposeful way to run into him. I knew his roommate and where his room was, so I studied in the study lounge across the way from their room. (His roomie was never home, so I couldn't use that excuse).

It was actually one of the best decisions I ever made. I met 4 of my closest friends because they all wanted to know "who the girl in the study lounge was," and I met a bunch of other acquaintances and friends who I am still in touch with 14 years later.

Oh as for the original guy I was chasing? We went out off and on, became good friends. Oh and the reason I didn't run into him (and he didn't look for me) was because he went on a trip for 2 weeks.

But hey those 2 weeks of studying were completely fruitful for my social life!

There must have been some draw for me about that room, because my crush the following year lived in the same room.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 AM

179 posts, read 308,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
When I was 16, I was spending a lot of time with a guy I really liked. We had kissed once, but I wasn’t really sure how he felt. I decided to sing a song for him and play it on the piano I am a decent player and singer, so I thought it would be a great way to tell him how I feel. I decided to sing “Lost in your Eyes” by Debbie Gibson, embarrassing, I know, but it worked!

I married that guy in 2003. We dated in high school for a while, but broke up, then at age 24, we got back together.
I think it would be cool to have a chick sing to me.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:14 AM

639 posts, read 828,470 times
giant teddy bear lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships