Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 03:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times

Advertisements

I'm sure many people has done something funny or embarrassing for a guy or girl when they were teens. Care to share it? I'll share mine!

It was my first and only crush to date. I was young and wanted to ask this girl out, but I didn't know how. I decided to go way off the deep end and write her a poem(I knew was able to write reasonably well for my age), and I approached her and told her how I felt then I read the poem. Of course, after I read it, she and her friend started laughing and I was rejected immediately.

Hopefully others are better than mine! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 03:35 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
When I was 15, I wrote a long love note and mailed it to her. She shared it with all her friends. Ouch. On the other hand, one of her friends thought it was really sweet and we ended up dating. Priorities change quickly when you're 15.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,873 times
I had a crush on a girl when I was 14 or 15. I called her house repeatedly but would just immediately hang up when her parents answered (apparently they always answered). Anyway, after 5 or 6 calls the police called my mom and asked her why she was pranking this girl's home (they must have had caller ID or something). I then had to call them back and apologize. We never dated (obviously :-D).
D'oh.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Senior year in HS. Last semester. 17 years old. Reasonably small HS. I was never in a class with this one girl I would always see near my locker, of the peaches and cream variety, and the light bulb went on. I happened to be in the course counseling/drop-add/transaction type office and, when no one was looking, I quickly opened up a pull-out drawer that had people's class registrations in there, and found her file with a course that would work for me. I did a drop-add of my own to get into her class. I still never got to know her very well.

The future: I got to know her as an adult. She still looked good. However, I am so glad I dodged that bullet and I am sure she's glad she didn't end up with me. I used to do a Christmas letter every year with all these sarcastic and smart-ass observations of what transpired in travels, work, life, and whatnot, and my REAL friends thought these were hilarious. She was the only one who thought it was "weird."

Old 10-29-2012, 04:11 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
I never had a boyfriend in high school. Plus, I went to all-girls school.

I think teenage love is cute though.

Edit: Oh, I remember, I had a crush on a guy who was a friend of a kid from my neighborhood while I was in high school. We became pretty good friends, and I think he might have liked me too but neither of us ever told the other. We continued to be friends until I got married.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:11 PM

633 posts, read 723,869 times
Most embarrassing thing yo've done for teenage love

Oh God what I did NOT do? I sang in front of the whole class.... mind you. I am NOT part of that class!! we don't go to same school i go to private school he goes to public and we are out earlier than them so after school I hang out to his class. for some odd reason I was asked to sing!!!! omg!!!!!

so i did. in my mind i was only singing for him and he was my only audience and the song was actually dedicated to him well in my mind only

we were 10 yrs old.....

yes it was unrequited ultimate crush of my life

Old 10-29-2012, 04:15 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
The future: I got to know her as an adult. She still looked good. However, I am so glad I dodged that bullet and I am sure she's glad she didn't end up with me. I used to do a Christmas letter every year with all these sarcastic and smart-ass observations of what transpired in travels, work, life, and whatnot, and my REAL friends thought these were hilarious. She was the only one who thought it was "weird."
I have one of those. She came to town a few years ago on biz and invited me to lunch. What I thought was incredibly smart conversation on her part at age 22 turned out to be glib and self-congratulatory at age 45. She was awful.

There but for the grace of God, I thought as I left.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I have one of those. She came to town a few years ago on biz and invited me to lunch. What I thought was incredibly smart conversation on her part at age 22 turned out to be glib and self-congratulatory at age 45. She was awful.

There but for the grace of God, I thought as I left.
Isn't that crazy? lol

Knowing what I know now of the guy I had a crush on in high school, I wouldn't like him either. The last time I talked to him (ten years later), he was no longer a nice person.

Last edited by srjth; 10-29-2012 at 05:04 PM..

Old 10-29-2012, 07:20 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
I never really had to try. They just kinda went outta their way to get at me.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:10 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,407 times
6th grade. Danced in front of the class at the talent show to sweet child of mine by guns and roses. Dedicated my performance to my love interest. Ran into him a few years ago and he still remembered it even though he had to remind me of it. Honestly I didn't remember being that brave, talk about putting yourself out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships