Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 PM

674 posts, read 1,163,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
I'm sad he's giving up on relationships at such a tender age of 29 years. You must have missed that from previous two liner post. Sorry for being normal and having feelings, I guess I should be more like you.
I appreciate your concern, but no need to worry. I've got a lot going for me and I'm really happy in a way that isn't produced by someone else. It's self-made happiness and no one can take that from me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 02:11 PM

977 posts, read 1,818,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
I do not even believe that, sorry.
Yeah, becoming more well-read, having interesting hobbies, and being in better shape isn't important to women

Old 04-18-2012, 02:15 PM

26,709 posts, read 41,868,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
I appreciate your concern, but no need to worry. I've got a lot going for me and I'm really happy in a way that isn't produced by someone else. It's self-made happiness and no one can take that from me
Yeah. Some here act like you are a potential serial killer if you don't desire a mate/SO to validate who you are.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:29 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,809,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
Yeah, becoming more well-read, having interesting hobbies, and being in better shape isn't important to women
Oh, I wish it was. I wish that having those qualities and then some would make the grade with women. However, my experience tells me otherwise.

It is what it is.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:30 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,758,998 times
well if you're never getting any results, don't know why people think you should keep bothering with it anyways.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:05 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,237,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Oh don't be sad, this person probably hasn't even hit puberty yet.
Neither has yourself.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:19 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,623,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwallis View Post
Are you honestly saying you are 100% happy with your current situation? If I told you right now you could be successful at dating and enjoy every minute would you not give it a go?

I'm not saying it's easy, because it's not, but with effort you can have a great dating life. So therefore all you've done is give up.

So for those out there struggling with dating, it's definitely worth it. Grab your balls and go get what you want.
Why? Where is it written in stone that you have to be dating to live a happy life?

Old 04-21-2012, 10:46 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,237,722 times
What I don't understand is why is it that so many on this board feel they can speak for other people. If you feel that it's worth it to go through the painstaking effort for dating then more power to you. Just accept the fact that not everyone feels the same way.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Hey, as long as you're happy, I'm happy...that frees up all those cute girls for the rest of us.
Well you can take them out and pay for their dinner, I'll pick them up at their place later that night for the real fun. Hope you have a lot of money saved up in your bank account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
What I don't understand is why is it that so many on this board feel they can speak for other people. If you feel that it's worth it to go through the painstaking effort for dating then more power to you. Just accept the fact that not everyone feels the same way.
Thank you. This is the point I'm trying to get across. I've seen many many friends go the dating route and find someone amazing and I'm super happy for them. One of my best friends met a girl online and they just got married and I was very happy for both of them, they are perfect for each other.

I've put my time in, I've made my effort, and it just hasn't worked out for me. I'm not a happy person when I'm dating, it just doesn't suit me well and I don't enjoy it. I enjoy the actual act of being out with someone, but it's the inbetween confusion and games and not knowing why they'll choose to ignore me or wait days to call back or sleep with me one night and tell me they aren't interested in a relationship the next. I've gained a few FWB's out of it, but I didn't start dating to find girls to have sex with.

Anyway, that's my short rant, but ultimately I'm a happier person when I'm NOT dating or searching or seeing someone. And finding someone you think is the right person always ends in major heartbreak.

I see people telling me I should "stick with dating and don't give up" as if people were telling me to use heroin. Sure, if I score some smack I'll be in heaven for a while, but when that eventually ends I'll have to go through the pain and sickness of the withdrawal. I'd rather just stay clean and be happy via other methods of living my life than putting my emotional health and happiness at risk.

What's wrong with that?

Old 04-24-2012, 09:36 AM

Still going well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships