Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 08:05 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,169,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
That's what I'm trying to figure out. How does dating a ugly, fat person give you elevation? Have you heard of trophy wife/girl.
It doesn't, some of these people are delusional.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM

102,293 posts, read 108,390,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
-Most women don't even begin to know what's what until they're like 26-30.
This is true. I'd say that's true of a lot of people, male or female. They say the best time to get married is in your 30's, because you know yourself better and the world better, you're just more together. Better chances of a stable marriage.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,699,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't know if dating an ugly, fat woman elevates their status...in a way like,

fit, attractive black man is equal to ugly, fat white woman in status

It's totally wrong, I know, but that's how they're viewed by society.
I am guessing you are a white? Probably male? Surely you aren't a minority in the US if you think average black males and fat, ugly white females have equal status here. Let's have them both hail a cab at the same time, and report back on the results.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:39 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,699,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
It's racial hierarchy not looks.being nice but realistic White trumps all (according to society)
Actually, it is a matter of social proof.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:27 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,028,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
WRONG!! I can gurantee that when me and my co worker go out and meet white women, NONE of them are fat or ugly. And we're far from being rich or famous. Lol, another angry black women I see. Can't y'all come up with something better. I perefer the one excuse that black men have been brain washed by the media.
I was thinking the same. From what I've seen it's more of a like attracts like sort of thing. Low class men attract and have low class women. I've seen a few black male lawyers, doctors, equity traders, brokers and other professionals with women of other races who were as fine as hell. Honestly, I've never seen one within those ranks who dated unattractive women of any race. Now a black guy with a 5th grade education who hangs out in the projects all day who happens to be with a white woman is a different story altogether. And while a middle class, average black guy may not have the finest white woman--usually he is with one within close proximity to his own attractiveness and income.

All in all, I think some black women are overlooking the flaw in their argument--and that reality is that by their own observations even they are admitting that by default black women are considered the least attractive race of women if they are only seeing white men with above average attractive black women. Which is a rare site in and of itself. If 'highly attractive' black women are a statistical anamoly compared to women of other races, then perhaps that'll explain why they are statistically less likely to be chosen as marriage material by men of other races? After all it's a statistical fact that they are the least likely to be engaged in an interracial relationship compared to other groups, and I'm one of the few who don't believe that it's by their own collective choice.

Overall, I think it speaks voulmes about the heirarchy of beauty when a white guy is willing to date an average woman of any race but a black woman. She need not apply unless she's far above aesthetically by comparison to her sistren. Then and only then is she worth a second look to him.

Last edited by itshim; 04-27-2012 at 11:37 PM..

Old 04-27-2012, 11:57 PM

72 posts, read 87,873 times
there is a hierarchy indeed... can't say i feel bad .... plenty of women will turn down a well above average handsome short guy for a below average looking taller male... even if she is short herself (happens all the time)... even if the guy doesn't have as much going on as a shorter guy.....and will justify this will silly excuses also............

i am one of those men who prefers dating races other than my own and have no shortage of dates and women seeking relationships from me. i never bailed but just always prefered other women...... where women of my own race will typically make fun of me and let me know how undesirable i am due to being below average height (happens regularly even still at my age and around my age group) and thus not appearing as a prize (despite being educated, good looking, in shape etc) there are women of other races who come up and talk to me and seek me out and vice versa with no effort

........ cant say i feel bad about it or the ones of my own race/ethnicity who complain about being overlooked due to my experiences.... and it is usually women who are well above average in looks from other races who i end up with also so i don't know where people get that some men will go for ugly women or fat women because that is "all they can get".... quite the opposite....

my own experience is women of my own race/ethnicity look for me when they are 38+ and start exploring other options like shorter guys and types that they overlooked because they want to settle down...........no thanks...........their biological clock is ticking and many admit straight away they would've never looked at me when they were younger ....i am in my early 30s..... good luck with that one...................

Last edited by Apotheosis2012; 04-28-2012 at 12:14 AM..

Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,971,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Actually, it is a matter of social proof.
It's kinda like that fallacy that "mixed kids are beautiful."

Parents (who are most likely good looking) with compatible features will have good looking kids. For everyone else it is the luck of the draw.

Proof that not all mixed kids are good looking: Tiger Woods.

Some people turn out well. Some don't. Just like everyone else.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:54 AM

9,020 posts, read 13,882,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I was thinking the same. From what I've seen it's more of a like attracts like sort of thing. Low class men attract and have low class women. I've seen a few black male lawyers, doctors, equity traders, brokers and other professionals with women of other races who were as fine as hell. Honestly, I've never seen one within those ranks who dated unattractive women of any race. Now a black guy with a 5th grade education who hangs out in the projects all day who happens to be with a white woman is a different story altogether. And while a middle class, average black guy may not have the finest white woman--usually he is with one within close proximity to his own attractiveness and income.

All in all, I think some black women are overlooking the flaw in their argument--and that reality is that by their own observations even they are admitting that by default black women are considered the least attractive race of women if they are only seeing white men with above average attractive black women. Which is a rare site in and of itself. If 'highly attractive' black women are a statistical anamoly compared to women of other races, then perhaps that'll explain why they are statistically less likely to be chosen as marriage material by men of other races? After all it's a statistical fact that they are the least likely to be engaged in an interracial relationship compared to other groups, and I'm one of the few who don't believe that it's by their own collective choice.

Overall, I think it speaks voulmes about the heirarchy of beauty when a white guy is willing to date an average woman of any race but a black woman. She need not apply unless she's far above aesthetically by comparison to her sistren. Then and only then is she worth a second look to him.
As a non african american,you place black men too high on a pedestal.
From what I see,black men and women are equal in looks. I see plenty of overweight black men with saggy ****.
How can someone say their own race of women is unattractive? If the women are so called unattractive,wouldn't that mean the men who make them are too?

You both are saying the reason so many black women are single is because they are unattractive? Doesn't make sense.....a lot of them have children,so that must mean someone finds them attractive enough to sleep with.

As a side note.....a lot of white women I know hate it when black men hit on them. The reason being they don't find them attractive. Also,some say black men are too aggresive.
Those are good reason,everyone has preferences. But,why do black men get mad and say the white woman is racist? Everyone has preferences.

In other words....black men think too highly of themselves,and every race of women doesn't want you like you think they do. Some black men I talk to say they have never been hit on by white women,or any other race of women for that matter.
So I think this is just all in their you guys minds,or an internet thing.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:02 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,655,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
All in all, I think some black women are overlooking the flaw in their argument--and that reality is that by their own observations even they are admitting that by default black women are considered the least attractive race of women if they are only seeing white men with above average attractive black women.
Admitting that black women are "perceived" as being least attractive doesn't mean that's the reality. A black woman does not have to have supermodel looks to attract white men (I don't), but not being overweight, carrying herself with class, and not being a loud, "ghetto" stereotype would certainly make it easier for black women to attract other races of men who aren't completely closed off to the idea of dating them in the first place.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:04 AM

9,020 posts, read 13,882,274 times
Just one last thing...reagrding men saying black women have attitudes,or any other stereotypes,why didn't you guys go for other black women like Africans or Carribean women?

African women vary in looks,and so do AA women,so why didn't you date other cultures of black women?

I'm sure if you guys would see that Africans like Somolians look different from South Africans,you could surely find some woman that fits your idea of attractive?
Or is it the lack of white skin on these women that's the issue?

Sorry,not buying the attractive thing.

Oh,btw, guess which IR couples are popular in the United Kingdom?
Black woman/white man combos....so can you men explain that one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships