Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 PM

36 posts, read 77,489 times

Advertisements

So this girl at work was extremely shy towards just me we barley talked much but she flirting with me crazy for months,i eventually asked her out she wasnt expecting it at all and she was very nervous and tense,staring at the floor talking soft and slow not looking at me at all,i asked her for her number and she told me she would take mine. i understand thats usually a nice way of rejection but knowing i will always come across her in work,id be able to call her out on it,do you think she really would of contacted me? knowing we would always come across each other in the future,and she would expect me to ask her why she hasn't called me?

i decided to message her,figuring what everything was about..im thinking she was to nervous to respond and didnt want to sound stupid or she is now playing hard to get seeing if ill chase her? i know a no response is a indication from a girl,but the fact that she was very shy and now that she knows i have interest shes maybe playing hard to get?

Last edited by soicey321; 11-05-2012 at 10:09 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Maybe she's attracted to you but uncomfortable with it being a work romance. Some people are like that and it might come off as mixed signals.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Maybe she's attracted to you but uncomfortable with it being a work romance. Some people are like that and it might come off as mixed signals.
should i give her another chance,or let it go? i mean she was out-going towards every other male besides me,shes called me cute,gave me the eye contact and the whole 9yards

Old 11-05-2012, 09:55 PM

588 posts, read 796,207 times
You asked her out and then gave her your phone number. She is either not available or not interested in dating. When you come across her, you don't need to feel awkward or embarrassed because you didn't do anything embarrassing. Just continue to be polite and act naturally.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicey321 View Post
should i give her another chance,or let it go? i mean she was out-going towards every other male besides me,shes called me cute,gave me the eye contact and the whole 9yards
So she's stopped flirting with you now? Yea, just let it go. You did all you can do.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
You asked her out and then gave her your phone number. She is either not available or not interested in dating. When you come across her, you don't need to feel awkward or embarrassed because you didn't do anything embarrassing. Just continue to be polite and act naturally.
i didnt give her my number,at first i over reacted and said no its ok i just thought you were interested,i no longer work there found a better job,but she was giving me the "shy girl body language" for a long time but she would always clam around me so it was extremely hard to get to know her,i sent her a message it was kind of long and possibly awkward on her end to respond too,should i go for another one or just let it be,was thinking shes possibly now playing hard to get or wants to see how interested i am in her? what do you think

Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
So she's stopped flirting with you now? Yea, just let it go. You did all you can do.
no,im not quite sure what shes thinking i had quit because i was offered a better work oppertunity
she would always clam around me when i did work at the same place,but she was normal around every other guy,it was almost impossible to get to know her while working there.

also i sent her a message,she hasn't replied i know that no reply is an answer with a girl but being the shy person is im possibly thinking she has no idea how to respond or feels insecure and wants to make sure its perfect and is just to afraid to reply,she flirted like crazy,maybe shes now playing hard to get? or wants to see how much interest i have in her? i dont know

Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicey321 View Post
no,im not quite sure what shes thinking i had quit because i was offered a better work oppertunity
she would always clam around me when i did work at the same place,but she was normal around every other guy,it was almost impossible to get to know her while working there.
Since you don't work there anymore, try one more time.
Say this: "I would like to get to know you <insert name> and maybe take you out. Would that be possible?"

Old 11-05-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Since you don't work there anymore, try one more time.
Say this: "I would like to get to know you <insert name> and maybe take you out. Would that be possible?"
well i did send her a message,basically trying to figure what it was all about and she didnt respond
but im thinking its because she was always nervous around me,should i send her another one saying im not a judgemental person and she shouldnt be afraid to talk to me? do you think at this point she is just playing hard to get,wanting to see if ill pursue her?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:07 PM

845 posts, read 1,348,941 times
Give her time to open up. She may be shy to you and only you, but you know she does have a personality. Start up conversations with her. Get her to talking about things she likes.

On a side note; be aware this is a work related relationship. If it ever goes sour, know that you may need to leave, or be asked to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships