Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 03:38 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
And that is why they are deemed sufficiently socially inept to warrant professional help in front of the whole dang country.

They are not the norm, however. Never have been, never will be.

What part of this isn't clear?
Actually, I believe that IS the norm, especially women under 40. Of course, 20 years from now it'll be women under 60.

What if the guy is short AND ugly? What if his face is unappealing - round, bald, ears stick out, whatever other 'defects' there may be? What then? Plastic surgery, perhaps? Or maybe a couple of cyanide pellets?

Old 05-07-2012, 03:46 PM

499 posts, read 756,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
No, these are not the same at all.

Two entirely different stigmas are attached to each. Skin tone preference is loaded with a history of racial discrimination. Dark or black skin color carries the historical stigma of worthlessness as a human being, whereas shortness in a man merely carries the stigma of having a less impressive bearing, and thus, being less attractive.

Historically, the inherent worth of human beings has been tied to their skin color, not their height.

Human worth and physical attractiveness are not comparable.
Doesn't matter what the historyis. It's about what I like and what you like. There is a STIGMA against short men. Women generally prefer taller partners, associate short with being weak, inferior, sperm banks have a height requirement of 5'11, the last 27 elections with the exception of two the taller man won, short men get paid less, promoted less, are given the green light to be ridiculed without recourse and are told to just suck it up, and on and on.

I am not short. I'm actually average, but let's call a spade a spade. I have shorter brothers and see how they are treated. I myself had a late growth spurt so know the difference a few inches make in the adult world.

History or no history, if someone isn't attracted to a dark skin person, they just aren't attracted to them. Period. It doesn't matter why. No one has to 'justify' what they are attracted to. With every reason you can use to justify your attraction to a taller man, I can to justify mine toward a woman with any other trait, including skin color.

We can point fingers and blame the media, but attraction is about feeling, not logic.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:46 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Actually, I believe that IS the norm, especially women under 40. Of course, 20 years from now it'll be women under 60.

What if the guy is short AND ugly? What if his face is unappealing - round, bald, ears stick out, whatever other 'defects' there may be? What then? Plastic surgery, perhaps? Or maybe a couple of cyanide pellets?
If his face is unappealing then he could be 6'2" and he's going to have a tough time attracting women.

Which means your question is off-topic.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
If his face is unappealing then he could be 6'2" and he's going to have a tough time attracting women.

Which means your question is off-topic.
Disagree. Height trumps facial looks.

So a short man HAS to have an appealing face - and those are in short (no pun intended) supply and an appealing personality (which we still have not established what that really is cuz god knows if we do then the 'secret' will be out. ) in order to SCORE.

So what do we have, after all is said and done? I'd say purty lousy odds.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:

So a short man HAS to have an appealing face - and those are in short (no pun intended) supply and an appealing personality (which we still have not established what that really is cuz god knows if we do then the 'secret' will be out. ) in order to SCORE.

Not in my book. I'd be far more inclined to chat up Antonio Banderas than Lurch.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Not in my book. I'd be far more inclined to chat up Antonio Banderas than Lurch.
So we are back to our little short 'n' ugly 'person'. What should he do? Surgery or the pellets?

Old 05-07-2012, 03:58 PM

499 posts, read 756,824 times
Quote:

Agreed. Not that height completely trumps facial looks, but I know lots of women who say they will date a man who is not so attractive in the face but meets their height requirement over a man who is classically handsome and short (and I don't mean shorter than you'd normally date, but just plain short).

You can see this play out in just about any singles setting. I hear women in just about any social situation talk about how a guy is very attractive, but since he is short, "he is just a waste".

This is not a golden rule, but plays out very, very often.

A lot of women would settle for a 6/7 in the face with their height requirement than take a 10 in the face guy who was say 5'5-5'7.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
So we are back to our little short 'n' ugly 'person'. What should he do? Surgery or the pellets?
Ask Danny DeVito and Joe Pesci.

Oh, wait, they have other qualities. They're brilliant and they're funny. Go figure.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Agreed. Not that height completely trumps facial looks, but I know lots of women who say they will date a man who is not so attractive in the face but meets their height requirement over a man who is classically handsome and short (and I don't mean shorter than you'd normally date, but just plain short).

You can see this play out in just about any singles setting. I hear women in just about any social situation talk about how a guy is very attractive, but since he is short, "he is just a waste".

This is not a golden rule, but plays out very, very often.

A lot of women would settle for a 6/7 in the face with their height requirement than take a 10 in the face guy who was say 5'5-5'7.
Another man speaking for women.

Oh, and look, a lot of the men jumping into this thread have brand-new screen names! Gee, I wonder why that is.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:02 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,511 times
Ok, now I am really starting to handsface at this topic.

From one short guy to another, STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELVES! This is just becoming a revolving door of self-pity and it's getting old. Yes, there are women who prefer taller men, and there are women who will reject you because of your height no matter what else you have to offer. It happens, move on. You are making this much worse for other short men if this is the attitude that you portray. Work with what you have, be confident, be fun, be laid back, and watch as things improve. The chip that you carry from being short is a much bigger turnoff than your actual shortness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships