Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 10:02 PM

766 posts, read 1,662,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I said before that I have a Facebook page. Some of the students are Facebook friends too, but regardless Facebook is not private as you think it is, and it will never be face-to-face human interaction, but a different reality.

Sounds more like a personality disorder...

Old 05-07-2012, 10:02 PM

37,774 posts, read 46,266,772 times
Quote:
I said before that I have a Facebook page. Some of the students are Facebook friends too, but regardless Facebook is not private as you think it is, and it will never be face-to-face human interaction, but a different reality.
And I stand by what I said....you really have little knowledge of how people (other than college kids) use the site. Of course it isn't face-to-face anything - who ever said it was, or was intended to be? Do some people go overboard with it? I'm sure they do. But those people have nothing to do with me and the people that I know.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I don't facebook or twitter. I'm comfortable enough with my own skin that I don't need to broadcast every interesting or not interesting thing I do.
So, that's what your friends/relatives/coworkers do on FB?

In most cases, I think its the opposite and that people aren't comfortable in their skin and don't have FB pages.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And I stand by what I said....you really have little knowledge of how people (other than college kids) use the site. Of course it isn't face-to-face anything - who ever said it was, or was intended to be? Do some people go overboard with it? I'm sure they do. But those people have nothing to do with me and the people that I know.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,056,748 times
If you don't have fb how are you going to find the parties?

Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 PM

20,325 posts, read 37,338,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Exactly. He is pretty much in the dark on FB.
You don't have any friends at work, nor do you accept these friends as your friends in Facebook?

But it still does not matter, if you use Facebook at work while taking a break, unless you don't do it on a company's computer and network your privacy may not be private. Check your Facebook page on a work computer, or use their network, and you are liable to share your privacy with the company you work for. If you don't believe me, check your work contract.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
You don't have any friends at work, nor do you accept these friends as your friends in Facebook?

But it still does not matter, if you use Facebook at work while taking a break, unless you don't do it on a company's computer and network your privacy may not be private. Check your Facebook page on a work computer, or use their network, and you are liable to share your privacy with the company you work for. If you don't believe me, check your work contract.
A lot of companies deny access to FB at work. We can't even get on FB at work.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:42 PM

20,325 posts, read 37,338,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
A lot of companies deny access to FB at work. We can't even get on FB at work.
Some other companies allow you to be on Facebook, but monitor what you post. That could result in one losing one's job. I imagine that it's cheaper for your company to block Facebook than getting involved in lawsuits after firing someone.
----------

That said, people aren't going to change their minds regardless to using Facebook or not, and this is something anyone can understand. But the points I have been trying to make is that nothing is private in Facebook nor anywhere else on the Net. I posted an article about privacy issues, and another relating to human interaction, but those who are pro-Facebook may not want to read them, although I was trying to prove a couple of points. It reminds me of of being with a bunch of friends, all of us talking, but none listening to one another

Old 05-07-2012, 11:22 PM

688 posts, read 899,471 times
Nothing wrong with using Facebook to find long, lost friends or to keep in touch with long distance relatives.

Now if you're posting your actions every hour or getting into stupid Facebook arguments that everyone can read, you have some problems.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:00 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,718,201 times
I don't understand how this turned into a fight and a slinging match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships