Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:00 PM

178 posts, read 376,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Not 'worried' about anything but at the same time I really do not appreciate being categorized as 'boring', 'uninteresting', 'dull', or 'loser' simply because I haven't jumped onto the FB bandwagon.

And I always thought that those who do not readily conform to what 'everyone else' is doing are more interesting and 'unique'. Whodathunk?
Yep, thats the question, whether you are perceived as a loner, friendless, boring, not hip and trendy, older, something to hide, etc . . . or cool and mysterious, different and eclectic, non-conformist and live by your own rules. And most importantly, whether you life relects that perception or first impressions are lasting impression.

I know, it's kinda metaphysical but an entertaining topic dont you think?

Last edited by bignutz; 05-07-2012 at 08:34 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Now you're backtracking. But it's all right, I understand.
How am I backtracking? I didn't say people that aren't on FB couldn't be unique???

As of yet, all I have said is that people I know not on FB are old, boring, and borderline friendless. I still stand by this.

And add to the list: People trying to prove a point, saying they are unique.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
And add to the list: People trying to prove a point, saying they are unique.
LOL, funny gurl... kinda ballzy but calls it like it is

Old 05-07-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignutz View Post
Yep, thats the question, whether you are perceived as a loner, friendless, boring, not hip and trendy, older, something to hide, etc . . . or cool and mysterious, different and eclectic, non-conformist and live by your own rules. And most importantly, whether you life relects that perception or first impressions are lasting impression.

I know, it's kinda metaphysical but an entertaing topic dont you think?
All that is great. Can you be all that and still have a FB page, lol?

Old 05-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
LOL, funny gurl... kinda ballzy but calls it like it is

Old 05-07-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
All that is great. Can you be all that and still have a FB page, lol?
Really? Do you think a Tom Criuse, James Bond, James Dean, or George Clooney would have an FB account?

Its not that any one of them couldn't create an account as a place holder with say mom and their dog as friends, its being an active FB user.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Really? Do you think a Tom Criuse, James Bond, James Dean, or George Clooney would have an FB account?

Its not that any one of them couldn't create an account as a place holder with say mom and their dog as friends, its being an active FB user.
LOL @ James Bond!!!!!!!!!!!! Since Bond is fictitious and Dean is dead. I guess it's just Cruise and Clooney.

Maybe they do have accounts or an account under an alias.

I think George Clooney would definitely have a FB account. He's a smart dude. He loves political activism, humanitarianism, etc and it would be another way he could spread the word about his causes.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:47 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
I do find it strange a guy in 2012 with no FB page. I know a lot of people that rarely get on and still have pages.

I dated a guy with no FB page and initially I thought maybe he's hiding something and just doesn't want me to know he has one, lol...I know I am stereotyping but he didn't have many friends and was kind of boring....I think of him when I think of no FB page. It's not like FB is the coolest thing in the world, but I don't understand why some people make a point not to have one. I have noticed it's primarily a certain type of person though.

I enjoy FB and have never had any drama. If you have a lot of real life drama, you will probably have FB drama too.

If I were to delete my fb, may as well just get it over with and kill myself.

I would feel so depressed and cut off from the world. Like most the people here without fb...lol

Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
LOL @ James Bond!!!!!!!!!!!! Since Bond is fictitious and Dean is dead. I guess it's just Cruise and Clooney.

Maybe they do have accounts or an account under an alias.

I think George Clooney would definitely have a FB account. He's a smart dude. He loves political activism, humanitarianism, etc and it would be another way he could spread the word about his causes.
Try again....

Don't expect to "Facebook friend" George Clooney anytime soon – one of the world's sexiest men would rather undergo an intrusive medical procedure than be your pal on the Internet.

"I would rather have a prostate exam on live television by a guy with very cold hands than have a Facebook page," Clooney, 48, quipped to reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival on Saturday.

And I know the other greats are dead but I know you got the point...

Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
If I were to delete my fb, may as well just get it over with and kill myself.

I would feel so depressed and cut off from the world. Like most the people here without fb...lol
LOL, just like someone else would be born and replace you someone else will join FB.....

In the words of Joy Behar, "so what, who cares"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships