Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:22 AM

86 posts, read 96,486 times

Advertisements

So I met this woman, she great, beautiful, fun, and so full of life! Wonderful laugh...I met her about six months ago, and recently we starting dating...she's 21 and I'm 36....is that too much of a difference, I think it is...I don't know , give me ur thoughts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 AM

885 posts, read 1,882,302 times
Nope, enjoy it to its fullest! I'm jealous!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:28 AM

385 posts, read 859,474 times
If the two of you have a lot in common then no it isn't, but if you two only have one, maybe two things in common the you are to old for her, and besides, only you can decide this and know if your choice is right.
Good luck and Buddha bless

Old 05-02-2012, 05:43 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
It depends entirely on your mutual compatibility, not on age difference. Generally, a large age difference presents additional challenges, but there are plenty of successful, lasting relationships of this type. You can but try!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 AM

58 posts, read 150,279 times
And from this woman's perspective (since the above posters are all men) The 21 year old girl has yet to gain the life experiences of a 36 year old. Once she does, she will most likely change and evolve from that 21 year old girl to a mature woman, complete with a different opinions, attitudes and tastes than her younger days. In just a couple of years she might look at you a whole lot differently and prefer a guy closer to her own age. If you are looking for a life partner, these are things you will want to consider before you invest alot of time and emotion into dating and persuing a relationship with a much younger person.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:22 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
Is she still in college? It's likely as soon as she graduates and gets out into the "real" world, you will start to see a drastic change in her behavior, attitude, preferences, opinions, tastes etc. Just be prepared for that.

What you find attractive about her may soon change.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,450 times
im 25 and went out a few times with a girl who is 22, let me tell u.... even with that small of a gap there were big differences in maturity between us. She was still in that post college mode where I am more laid back. Her conversations revolved mostly around getting drunk at so and so club or bar over the weekend where I wanted to talk about other things.

Now dont get me wrong, i like going out and stuff but i dont feel the need to talk about it like im still in highschool or college. Its up to you man, i would just figure u'd want a girl that has the same level of maturity or closer to urs... i wouldnt want to deal with the headache of a girl that young as she probably isnt good relationship material

Old 05-02-2012, 07:43 AM

607 posts, read 1,217,301 times
I think it is too big of a difference. I can't imagine 21 year old me dating a 36 year old...unless he was as immature as I was at that time. Even now that I'm in my mid 20s, I wouldn't date someone 15 years older...I'd prefer someone under 40. Otherwise, I think we'd have different relationship goals.

But if you feel like you two are a match, more power to you and good luck!

Old 05-02-2012, 07:56 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope1er View Post
So I met this woman, she great, beautiful, fun, and so full of life! Wonderful laugh...I met her about six months ago, and recently we starting dating...she's 21 and I'm 36....is that too much of a difference, I think it is...I don't know , give me ur thoughts...
You've been given some great advice so far. 21 and 36 tend to be at different life stages.

Why do YOU think it's too much of an age difference?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:20 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope1er View Post
I think 10 years is about right. More than that and there are generational differences. But it all depends on the type of relationship you are having. I suppose if it is casual, it does not matter at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships