Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 03:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times

Advertisements

Go for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 05:52 PM

943 posts, read 1,844,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
For some reason, online dating just hoards together the liars, manipulators, and players. I think there are genuine people online, but they get lost among the flashier types. Usually, if the genuine person doesn't find another genuine person, they just stop trying leaving the liars, manipulators, and players. And, when I mean liars, manipulators, and players, I don't mean the garden variety. I mean the con-men who try to get women to give them thousands of dollars, people who have fake profiles and are doing it to gain some sort of validation, and the people who think that the men/women on the site are desperate enough to take them on.

Well Said. I am not going to continue with online dating and this site gave me a 7 day free trial and it expires monday .

I noticed he removed his ad too ... lol

Old 05-13-2012, 12:02 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
To be honest, regardless if men are upfront with it or not, we think of sex quite often. It's no rumor. I think this is irrelevant.

::edited because you posted the outcome of a date which makes anything I wrote irrelevant as well::
We all think of sex often enough. However , don't you think a guy should be smooth enough or gentleman enough not to state obvious things?

Old 05-14-2012, 12:11 AM

688 posts, read 897,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
We all think of sex often enough. However , don't you think a guy should be smooth enough or gentleman enough not to state obvious things?
Yes, unless the situation calls for it.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:23 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Sounds like a real winner. I guess when someone mentioned they dont date cops, thats what they had in mind. Good Luck next time.
I was reading the one poster's message about not dating cops and had to agree with her, even before I got to the results of the date.

I recognize there are A LOT of great guys who are cops. However, every woman I know who has become romantically involved with a police officer has at some point been stalked or harassed by him or his co-workers. I simply will not take the chance of allowing something like that into my life. Any guy can be a stalker or an abuser, but cops have a much easier time getting away with it. The guy in Lavender's post seems like he would be perfectly capable of going that route.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
Exactly. I have never had a guy bring up sex in our email conversations before we've met. At least not one I've responded to. I am very far from a prude, but getting into sex during the initial email phase just conveys desperation. It indicates that I'm going to be harassed to go further than I would normally go, like a kid nagging his mom for ice cream nonstop. Sex is awesome, and I am fairly insatiable. But if you can't take the time to get to know me for a couple of dates, that doesn't bode well. I've never actually had bad sex - mainly because I've taken the time to patiently establish the existence of a certain amount of physical compatibility beforehand. It's not a streak I'm looking to break just so a needy guy can get his rocks off, frankly.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:07 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
The minute someone professes how honest they are, and goes on about thier super human qualities, don't pass go, period. No one's 100% anything. You were lucky to get away unscaved, sometimes that type can leave a path of destruction.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
I see nothing wrong with the ad. It reads just like a man who is nervous what to say in his profile's writing for attraction and acceptance purposes. Serves the guy right, it's being judged right here on C-D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships