Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
I met him last night for drinks. He is very good looking even more so in person but his personality and attitude SUXS! He has a very controlling dominant personality and I am a very independent person. When I meet a guy I talk about positive aspects of myself and life in general. He told me how he is so much more better then American men calling Americans fat and lazy, he is in better shape then men younger then him. How he became a Sargent at the Police department how he is boss of dumb American cops who do a lousy job. Then he started bashing his soon to be x wife. I said to him in your profile you said you were divorced and how honest you are........He claims that they are a week away from getting divorced.....

So what i did was I went to the bathroom and asked a friend to text me in a few mins making believe she is locked out and I have her spare key........ So when my friend texted me I told him Im sorry I Have to leave I Have a emergency.....He said to me no problem there are a lot of desperate ******* at the bar.

Now we know why he is single in the biggest little city in the world.
Sounds like a real winner. I guess when someone mentioned they dont date cops, thats what they had in mind. Good Luck next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 09:51 AM

943 posts, read 1,845,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Wow, you guys are so calculated it makes my head hurt. Picking single words as red flags, trying to psychoanalyze someone based on a paragraph they may or may not have written. Never did online dating, but it seems like a total waste of time. I imagine someone engaging in online dating would like to be careful, but this is way beyond anything raitonal or expected.

pays to be calculated ...... because some of the things he said were not true when me met.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:52 AM

688 posts, read 897,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
The more they say sex or talk about it , the more that is all they have on thier mind. This doesn't sound good.
To be honest, regardless if men are upfront with it or not, we think of sex quite often. It's no rumor. I think this is irrelevant.

::edited because you posted the outcome of a date which makes anything I wrote irrelevant as well::

Old 05-12-2012, 09:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
pays to be calculated ...... because some of the things he said were not true when me met.
Ok, so what? You took a chance, dude turned out to be a douche and both of you can live on never giving it another thought.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Ok, so what? You took a chance, dude turned out to be a douche and both of you can live on never giving it another thought.

maybe if I was more CALCULATED and took the advise about Red Flag words I would have not wasted my time........

Old 05-12-2012, 10:46 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:

I am not a player and I HATE games, intrigues, manipulations, lies and most of all dramas!
This means he is a game-playing drama starter. I avoid all people who proclaim to hate drama, because always are the ones who create it.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
This means he is a game-playing drama starter. I avoid all people who proclaim to hate drama, because always are the ones who create it.

BRAVO My Friend.......BRAVO..I wish I could rep you again .

Old 05-12-2012, 10:50 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
IDK Lavender-Sounds like you did nothing wrong, the guy was just a jerk. You were interested, set up a SAFE first date, then had an out when you knew it was a bad match. Been there, done that. Following your "gut" always seems to be best. What I didn't realize is that regarding online dating, some folks may as well hire out an FBI behavior analyst and profiler to pick apart every online dating profile they see. How sad dating in this day and age has become, and what worse is it doesn't have to be this way

Old 05-12-2012, 11:18 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
I am not a player and I HATE games, intrigues, manipulations, lies and most of all dramas! I have never used drugs and stay away from people who use them. I am open minded realist. I understand that it is impossible (if you are a real person and not a complete dork) not to have some relationship baggage when you are over 30 and it is fine. The way you deal with it makes all the difference.
He's a player, he plays games, and he is closed-minded.

When people make an issue of things like that in a profile, it usually means they are just the opposite. That's what I saw, at any rate.

Oh, and look! Proof! vvvvv

Quote:
He told me how he is so much more better then American men calling Americans fat and lazy, he is in better shape then men younger then him. How he became a Sargent at the Police department how he is boss of dumb American cops who do a lousy job. Then he started bashing his soon to be x wife. I said to him in your profile you said you were divorced and how honest you are........He claims that they are a week away from getting divorced.....

So what i did was I went to the bathroom and asked a friend to text me in a few mins making believe she is locked out and I have her spare key........ So when my friend texted me I told him Im sorry I Have to leave I Have a emergency.....He said to me no problem there are a lot of desperate ******* at the bar.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:12 PM

620 posts, read 1,300,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
IDK Lavender-Sounds like you did nothing wrong, the guy was just a jerk. You were interested, set up a SAFE first date, then had an out when you knew it was a bad match. Been there, done that. Following your "gut" always seems to be best. What I didn't realize is that regarding online dating, some folks may as well hire out an FBI behavior analyst and profiler to pick apart every online dating profile they see. How sad dating in this day and age has become, and what worse is it doesn't have to be this way
For some reason, online dating just hoards together the liars, manipulators, and players. I think there are genuine people online, but they get lost among the flashier types. Usually, if the genuine person doesn't find another genuine person, they just stop trying leaving the liars, manipulators, and players. And, when I mean liars, manipulators, and players, I don't mean the garden variety. I mean the con-men who try to get women to give them thousands of dollars, people who have fake profiles and are doing it to gain some sort of validation, and the people who think that the men/women on the site are desperate enough to take them on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships