Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 05:58 PM

65 posts, read 57,306 times

Advertisements

So there is this girl I work with, who I am absolutely infatuated with. We are good friends in the office, and have hung out together outside the office. The thing I totally dig about her, is that she is always happy, naturally kind of goofy, and we can just play off each other forever. She would be the perfect girl for me to date.

But since we work together, I know I shouldn't act on these feelings. I think she may also feel that way too. But for some reason, I have the biggest crush on this girl and I can't get her off my mind.

Someone help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 06:12 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,087,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson1020 View Post
So there is this girl I work with, who I am absolutely infatuated with. We are good friends in the office, and have hung out together outside the office. The thing I totally dig about her, is that she is always happy, naturally kind of goofy, and we can just play off each other forever. She would be the perfect girl for me to date.

But since we work together, I know I shouldn't act on these feelings. I think she may also feel that way too. But for some reason, I have the biggest crush on this girl and I can't get her off my mind.

Someone help!!!
Just don't do anything...

Convince yourself that she's not for you and/or you wouldn't be able to get her. Just let it lie, and chase after other women.

I have been in this position quite a few times with coworkers and classmates, and when I have acted on it and gotten rejected, it becomes MUCH WORSE. Like after the rejection, I'm ABSOLUTELY in love with them and it's absolutely painful being around them. In the cases where I've let my crushes die a natural death, nothing bad ever becomes of it. I can barely remember most of those women.

Just an aside ... you should have hit on her much earlier...

Old 05-13-2012, 06:16 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,684 times
unless she has a boyfriend or husband why shouldn't you act on your feelings.. who cares about rejection.. she's not paying your bills, buying your food.. she's nothing to you except a cool hot girl. go for the gold, if she rejects you, pretend like it didnt happen and just be normal around her if it happens.
if she doesn't reject you, success.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:19 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Only you can decide to think or not to think about her. You already know the answers:

a. Either date the girl
b. Or don't

Both of you have full control in relation to having any kind of relationship or not, but only you have control of your own emotions. Infatuation is just that, your own feelings. Just don't forget that every one of us only sees what one chooses to see on others, and most times the things we see (perceive) are things the makes one happy, comfortable, excited, and so forth...all learned through one's life from childhood.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson1020 View Post

Someone help!!!
I am not seeing a problem here. What's wrong with dating a co-worker?

Go for it and good luck!

Old 05-13-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am not seeing a problem here. What's wrong with dating a co-worker?

Go for it and good luck!
It's not a big deal to hit on a coworker ... except for the fact that he said he is absolutely infatuated with her and can't stop thinking about her.

Not good my friends. Who has been there before? I have. And the rejection will not be good.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
It's not a big deal to hit on a coworker ... except for the fact that he said he is absolutely infatuated with her and can't stop thinking about her.

Not good my friends. Who has been there before? I have. And the rejection will not be good.
Let's be positive. She may like him, too. Besides I have dated and been in relationships with co-workers (including my former fiance). No issues. No worries.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:40 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,684 times
rejection is overrated. his infatuation is worse. if he gets rejected, infatuation over. if he doesn't get rejected, he's gona get what he wanted. its a win-win for him if he makes his move. just don't do it during company hours.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Let's be positive. She may like him, too. Besides I have dated and been in relationships with co-workers (including my former fiance). No issues. No worries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
rejection is overrated. his infatuation is worse. if he gets rejected, infatuation over. if he doesn't get rejected, he's gona get what he wanted. its a win-win for him if he makes his move. just don't do it during company hours.
Perhaps.

Putting aside the litany of reasons to not date a co-worker even if there is mutual interest, I don't see the reward exceeding the risk here.

Rejection does not end infatuation when you have to see that person every day. It fuels it. Believe me.

If he posted something like "This girl at this place I just started working at is cute.", I'd say by all means go for it.

But if I'm ever in OP's situation again, I certainly will not go for it ...

Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
Molson1020...all you can do is ask her out...maybe she will, maybe she won't...I can't see any harm coming from asking...or being her friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships