Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 AM

4 posts, read 6,422 times

Advertisements

Hi, I moved from Little Rock 2 years ago and I'm doing well in NYC...settled in..having fun. I just turned 29 years old.

I've been going to this same bar for about that time..and there is this guy who goes to the same bar. He's really nice, everyone knows him there. I've seen him bring a couple of dates to the place but the times girls obviously flirt with him he doesn't appear interested, he's always nice and sweet though. Over this time I have gotten more and more attracted to him. Last night I got up the nerve and sat near him, he's really the sweetest guy. I do consider myself a very attractive woman....guys are always hitting on me but he really was just "friendly", he bought me a drink when he found out I was a yankee fan though, that made me smile.

I got divorced in 2011, I think he's recently divorced too...only thing is he is 45 years old and I'm 29. I can't get this guy off my mind, he's really modest, sweet and OMG, his chest....it screams "I wear an S, and here I come to save the day!"

He mentioned he goes to this other place for brunch every sunday, but I don't know if it was an invite or not. I know one thing, I've made it a point in my life to surround myself with positive people, and he's one of them...and he's hot. But he's 16 years older than me, I don't know.

I'd love any suggestions, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 08:22 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
I would bring up the brunch place find out where its at and the name. Then say maybe I'll see you there one day. He may just invite you.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:26 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,896,042 times
Doesn't really sound like you have anything to lose by getting to know him better to see if there is potential there for a relationship. To many couples a 16 year difference is not a significant deterrent. Go for it! What's the worst that can happen?

Old 02-23-2014, 08:27 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
I like Electrician's idea. Just keep working on him at the bar.

The age difference doesn't bother me that much because you are almost 30. Then again, I am 46, so I know that 45 is not that old.

Really, the only significant problem you might run into (if I may skip a few steps here) is if one of you wants kids but not the other.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:35 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Buy him a drink in return and drop hints you'd like to try that place for brunch.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:50 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,880,620 times
Age diff is nothing. Tell him you want to try that brunch place. Maybe he will get the hint.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:52 AM

469 posts, read 567,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivette0381 View Post
Hi, I moved from Little Rock 2 years ago and I'm doing well in NYC...settled in..having fun. I just turned 29 years old.

I've been going to this same bar for about that time..and there is this guy who goes to the same bar. He's really nice, everyone knows him there. I've seen him bring a couple of dates to the place but the times girls obviously flirt with him he doesn't appear interested, he's always nice and sweet though. Over this time I have gotten more and more attracted to him. Last night I got up the nerve and sat near him, he's really the sweetest guy. I do consider myself a very attractive woman....guys are always hitting on me but he really was just "friendly", he bought me a drink when he found out I was a yankee fan though, that made me smile.

I got divorced in 2011, I think he's recently divorced too...only thing is he is 45 years old and I'm 29. I can't get this guy off my mind, he's really modest, sweet and OMG, his chest....it screams "I wear an S, and here I come to save the day!"

He mentioned he goes to this other place for brunch every sunday, but I don't know if it was an invite or not. I know one thing, I've made it a point in my life to surround myself with positive people, and he's one of them...and he's hot. But he's 16 years older than me, I don't know.

After the age of 18, ages are just numbers. Pursue him if you're that interested. The worst thing that can happen is that he isn't interested right? What have you got to lose? Maybe you could meet up at the place or ask if he wants to go/take you there one day.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:57 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivette0381 View Post

Next time you see him ask him about the place he mentioned for brunch.
If you have never been there tell him you are curious about the food, service, prices and the environment because you think it would be a place you would like to try.

That is neutral, non personal, not an invitation either way and you get to chat with him a bit about something he knows.
Then you will see if the conversation continues from there or not.
It also could be that he is not looking for a relationship at the moment or he really does not want to get involved with someone so much younger than him if he is actually 45.
I'm sure it is not against you personally, the age difference could be for any woman under a specific age for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships