Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:49 PM

7,954 posts, read 8,241,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I dont agree with using booze either, even though I realize many guys do it. It doesnt address the real problem nor does it make you any more comfortable with talking to women. How limitting would it be if you could only talk to attractive women when buzzed. You have to expand your comfort zone, and every time you do - it will be less awkward. Be confident and charming. Don't use indirect small talk but tell women exactly why you are there and why you are talking to them. Instead be direct. If you see an attractive woman, come straight to her with a smile and look into her eyes and say "Hi. I came over because I find you attractive and wanted to meet you" From experience, women find this type of approach very appealing, because it shows that you are confident and masculine. This fear of talking to attractive women is so unnatural and illogical, that it shouldnt even exist. Women are the more vulnerable and less confrontational gender, yet guys who are supposed to display exactly the opposite traits somehow fear them. Best of luck.
And where can you buy this magic potion that makes a guy charming in an instant? Wal-Mart

To the OP: Yes, if it really is that important to you then you should consider meds and therapy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
Grow some balls (?)

Seriously, there is no reason to be afraid. Most women like it when some guys approach them. Just don't be creepy about it, find your natural rhythm, which may take practice.
Fixed.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,169,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
Grow some balls (?)

Seriously, there is no reason to be afraid. Most women like it when good looking guys approach them. Just don't be creepy about it, find your natural rhythm, which may take practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Fixed.
Fixed X 2

Old 05-23-2012, 09:20 PM

199 posts, read 392,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
And where can you buy this magic potion that makes a guy charming in an instant? Wal-Mart

To the OP: Yes, if it really is that important to you then you should consider meds and therapy.
I agree...charming helps ALOT.

On the other hand, maybe you are approaching attractive women whom are out of your league? As a guy, we must be realistic and know our limitations.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin2012 View Post
I agree...charming helps ALOT.

On the other hand, maybe you are approaching attractive women whom are out of your league? As a guy, we must be realistic and know our limitations.
You guys seem to believe that all of us can just flip a switch and be charming in an instant. It's like I said before does this 'charming' effect come in a bottle, or a spray can? You're either charming or you're not.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,523,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
From my observation, unless she is overweight or very stereotypically unattractive for a woman, some man will think she is hot.

I used to work with this Asian girl in her mid 20s and she was chubby and had really bad acne. I told one of the guys in the office about her ex boyfriend flippantly and he was surprised she was able to get a guy (part of it was her personality too, but different story). When we went to a bar for a work function not long after, one of the guys I worked with brought his friend and he would not shut up about how hot she was. He chased her all over the place and eventually got shut down lightly.

So, yea most women will have more confidence and ego than a man of equal looks.

He is also not bad looking and has enough $ to buy and sell the hottest shallow b@tches of the 7 continents.

But not everybody is like that. He's a genius and he needs to be with a genius, which is why he married Priscilla Chan.
People say he is very humble and drive a modest honda and wears jeans and t-shirt. She is a doctor but she might as well do her work as a volunteer and help the unfortunate.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,169,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
People say he is very humble and drive a modest honda and wears jeans and t-shirt. She is a doctor but she might as well do her work as a volunteer and help the unfortunate.
Yea.

They're modest in a materialistic way possibly, but don't think for a second they are intellectually modest.

Zuckerburg is a class A genius and an extreme type A personality and he expects the same out of whomever he is married to.

Don't think for a second he would marry some nice little History major that graduated from South Dakota State University and is working as an English Teacher.

That's what they are about and that's what gets them hot and bothered ... (though I doubt he wont get at least some on the side)

Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 PM

38 posts, read 91,119 times
don't masterbate for 7 days, then on the 7th day go out to the place in your area that has a row of bars and have a few drinks to the point when your tipsy. proceed to go talk to any attractive females and if they reject you move on to the next one, next bar when you are finished

Old 05-23-2012, 09:48 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,011,588 times
Put a wig on a man and talk to him.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 PM

674 posts, read 1,164,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
It is literally impossible for me to talk to women that I find attractive. Should I get therapy or get some medication?
Therapy. If you can't bring yourself to approach a woman you either need someone to work with you to help you overcome your fear/obstacle.....or you need a surgeon to reattach your balls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships