Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:17 AM

674 posts, read 1,161,592 times

Advertisements

I've been dicking around on OKCupid lately as my job has slowed down and I have the time. I'm sort of enjoying sending out the one-liner sarcastic emails to some women. I even just call some women out on some of the effed up things they wrote on their profile (you wouldn't believe what some people think is a good idea to say on a profile).

Anyway, I hate the game playing with a passion and I've put a new rule in effect because I simply don't have the patience anymore: If I'm emailing them back and forth a couple times and they wait more than 2 days to respond I send them an email telling them I've decided we aren't a good match/decided to see other people/etc.

Very likely they are not interested in me anymore anyway, which is fine, but I've even gotten some responses back after this email and I just ignore them. If they can't figure out that games are stupid and I won't deal with it then there's nothing I can say to help them.

I also want to point out that I realize many women are impatient and want to meet right away, not exchange emails for too long. My response would be that I would like to get to know them a little more before wasting my time to meet with them. I just don't have as much free time these days and I'm not blowing it on some girl that I know nothing about. If we can't have a halfway decent conversation via email or phone chat, then I'm sure as heck not spending time with you in person. If this is unaccpetable to some women then it's just another tool for me to help weed out the inflexible and desperate women out there.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
I can't tell, do you actually want to meet someone?...

Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
I've been dicking around on OKCupid lately as my job has slowed down and I have the time. I'm sort of enjoying sending out the one-liner sarcastic emails to some women. I even just call some women out on some of the effed up things they wrote on their profile (you wouldn't believe what some people think is a good idea to say on a profile).

Anyway, I hate the game playing with a passion and I've put a new rule in effect because I simply don't have the patience anymore: If I'm emailing them back and forth a couple times and they wait more than 2 days to respond I send them an email telling them I've decided we aren't a good match/decided to see other people/etc.

Very likely they are not interested in me anymore anyway, which is fine, but I've even gotten some responses back after this email and I just ignore them. If they can't figure out that games are stupid and I won't deal with it then there's nothing I can say to help them.

I also want to point out that I realize many women are impatient and want to meet right away, not exchange emails for too long. My response would be that I would like to get to know them a little more before wasting my time to meet with them. I just don't have as much free time these days and I'm not blowing it on some girl that I know nothing about. If we can't have a halfway decent conversation via email or phone chat, then I'm sure as heck not spending time with you in person. If this is unaccpetable to some women then it's just another tool for me to help weed out the inflexible and desperate women out there.
I can't tell if they're being impatient or you're being impatient; if they're playing games or you're playing. Requiring a response within two days from strangers seems impatient. Emailing strangers with sarcastic one-liners is playing games.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I can't tell, do you actually want to meet someone?...
I do but I'm not a fan of the dating process, especially online. I'd much rather meet someone through day to day life but I don't mind messing around online in the meantime.

I figure I can be picky online, have some fun with it. I'll play by my rules instead of theirs. What do I have to lose?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I can't tell if they're being impatient or you're being impatient; if they're playing games or you're playing. Requiring a response within two days from strangers seems impatient.
Modern technology is quite amazing. It actually allows individuals to communicate from almost anywhere in the world. Pretty cool stuff. If you've been online, and you're purposely waiting multiple days before responding, I want nothing to do with you. They're setting a precident that even if we start dating, they'll always wait days to call me back or respond, etc. Who wants to get involved with that? Not me.

Quote:
Emailing strangers with sarcastic one-liners is playing games.
Emaling strangers with sarcastic one-liners is how you increase your response rate.

I could spend 10 minutes reading their entire profile (which is 50% BS anyway) and then thinking of a nice paragraph to write to them....but then they wouldn't respond and I would get bored with online dating because no one would talk to me

Last edited by JustJulia; 05-30-2012 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: fixed html tag

Old 05-30-2012, 08:32 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:

What irony. A dude who hates 'games' who goes ahead and plays 'games' himself.

No offense, but this behavior is simply DUMB.

You also complain about 'inflexible' women. You do not see that your antics are 'inflexible'? Two days to respond otherwise forget it? Hmmm...

Check yourself.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:

I'm sorry, but it sounds like YOU are the one playing games with them. What's with the 2 day rule? Maybe there are women out there who don't have as much free time on their hands and just don't check their email every 2 days. I certainly don't. And if you're sending women snarky emails about their profiles, well, that just seems immature. If you don't like their profiles then just ignore them. They're not for you. Why do you feel the need to send them sarcastic emails? I don't know how these sites work, but is there "networking"? Do people have groups of friends? If so, I'm wondering if they're getting the word out on you and how you send these emails and cut them off after 2 days. IMO, you need to be patient. I understand you don't have oodles of free time but don't waste whatever time you do have on sending out nonsense emails. Spend that energy on finding the right one and just ignore the ones that aren't for you.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
What irony. A dude who hates 'games' who goes ahead and plays 'games' himself.

No offense, but this behavior is simply DUMB.

You also complain about 'inflexible' women. You do not see that your antics are 'inflexible'? Two days to respond otherwise forget it? Hmmm...

Check yourself.
I'm checked. Thanks.

If I see someone playing games, why do I have to play? I like how some people are still stuck on the mindset that you have to cater to the women on these dating sites.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:35 AM

150 posts, read 250,923 times
Quote:

There's your problem. You are trying to create and start a relationship electronically with text, emails, etc. Why don't you just make it your goal to move your conversations to phone talk by third email? Just be blunt and say "look, I'm not one of those dudes that likes to chat and flirt online endlessly, how many more emails do you want to exchange before I can call you?" You distinguish yourself right away by doing that.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:36 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Modern technology is quite amazing. It actually allows individuals to communicate from almost anywhere in the world. Pretty cool stuff. If you've been online, and you're purposely waiting multiple days before responding, I want nothing to do with you. They're setting a precident that even if we start dating, they'll always wait days to call me back or respond, etc. Who wants to get involved with that? Not me.
Do you check your email and all the sites you belong to daily? Probably not. I have conversations with friends on facebook and it can take up to a week to respond and email is even worse. I only check my work email daily and CD with regularity. People have different web habits.

Quote:
Emaling strangers with sarcastic one-liners is how you increase your response rate.

I could spend 10 minutes reading their entire profile (which is 50% BS anyway) and then thinking of a nice paragraph to write to them....but then they wouldn't respond and I would get bored with online dating because no one would talk to me
Well, you're saying that you hate game playing, but you're clearly playing games. Is this a joke thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships