Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:37 AM

674 posts, read 1,163,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I'm sorry, but it sounds like YOU are the one playing games with them. What's with the 2 day rule? Maybe there are women out there who don't have as much free time on their hands and just don't check their email every 2 days
You can see when someone has been online. It would be different if I had sent an email and they hadn't logged on since to view it or respond. But they are logging on and not responding. That's a game, homie don't play that.

Quote:
I certainly don't. And if you're sending women snarky emails about their profiles, well, that just seems immature.
Some people think having fun is immature. That's your opinion.

Quote:
If you don't like their profiles then just ignore them.
I think of it as helping them.

Quote:
They're not for you. Why do you feel the need to send them sarcastic emails? I don't know how these sites work, but is there "networking"? Do people have groups of friends? If so, I'm wondering if they're getting the word out on you and how you send these emails and cut them off after 2 days.
You're right, you have no idea how these sites work, LOL Networking? What?

Quote:
IMO, you need to be patient. I understand you don't have oodles of free time but don't waste whatever time you do have on sending out nonsense emails.
The emails aren't nonsense, they're funny, sarcastic, to the point, and most importantly: They don't take up a lot of my time to send out

Quote:
Spend that energy on finding the right one and just ignore the ones that aren't for you.
Spending energy at all via online dating, or in any dating for that matter, is a waste of that energy and time.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Do you check your email and all the sites you belong to daily? Probably not. I have conversations with friends on facebook and it can take up to a week to respond and email is even worse. I only check my work email daily and CD with regularity. People have different web habits.
*Sigh* As stated before, but since you didn't read: I only do this if I can tell they've been online since I emailed them. Does this make sense to you? If I know you've been online to see my email and you aren't responding back. It can only mean 2 things:

1. You're not interested (that's cool)
2. You're playing games with me (not cool)

For the record, again, modern technology (iphone, computer, ipad). It allows me to check email and the internet anytime, anywhere.

Quote:
Well, you're saying that you hate game playing, but you're clearly playing games. Is this a joke thread?
No, I'm just not playing THEIR game.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:41 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,003,787 times
Hey man I don't agree here. I have a date Thursday, this girl was the one who sent me the first message, I replied right away and she responded 3 days later. She had connected other days, but instead of caring I just forgot about her, talked to other women and got things going with them. That girl responded to me, I chatted to her for about ~7 messages got her number and asked her out that same day.

Now I received a good morning message from her, I don't think that her making me wait was any sort of precident for what is to come. I think with online dating, your best bet is to just chill, stay calm and not really give a ****. Have fun with it man, some people just don't respond quickly to a free online dating website, do you blame them? Get the girls number and see how fast she responds to your texts ... that will be a much better indicator.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,275,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
You can see when someone has been online. It would be different if I had sent an email and they hadn't logged on since to view it or respond. But they are logging on and not responding. That's a game, homie don't play that.

Some people think having fun is immature. That's your opinion.

I think of it as helping them.

You're right, you have no idea how these sites work, LOL Networking? What?

The emails aren't nonsense, they're funny, sarcastic, to the point, and most importantly: They don't take up a lot of my time to send out

Spending energy at all via online dating, or in any dating for that matter, is a waste of that energy and time.

I'm curious...how old are you?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Hey man I don't agree here. I have a date Thursday, this girl was the one who sent me the first message, I replied right away and she responded 3 days later. She had connected other days, but instead of caring I just forgot about her, talked to other women and got things going with them. That girl responded to me, I chatted to her for about ~7 messages got her number and asked her out that same day.

Now I received a good morning message from her, I don't think that her making me wait was any sort of precident for what is to come. I think with online dating, your best bet is to just chill, stay calm and not really give a ****. Have fun with it man, some people just don't respond quickly to a free online dating website, do you blame them? Get the girls number and see how fast she responds to your texts ... that will be a much better indicator.
You have a point there. Text is probably a better indicator. However, I don't see email and text as all too different. They're both messages sent to your phone directly. So I don't get how that's a heck of a lot different.

All of my experiences have shown that I tend to like and have more success with women who don't play games, respond when they want to, and don't try to front this "I'm too busy to respond" garbage. I'm too busy and I still respond in a timely manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I'm curious...how old are you?
29. Old enough to be done with the games.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,663,960 times
Quote:
1. You're not interested (that's cool)
2. You're playing games with me (not cool)
And many women (including myself) will make these same assumptions about a guy who just wants to keep sending boring emails and not set up a meeting. Call me impatient but I'll cut people off for that real quick, but do what works for you.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:51 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,275,770 times
Quote:
You have a point there. Text is probably a better indicator. However, I don't see email and text as all too different. They're both messages sent to your phone directly. So I don't get how that's a heck of a lot different.

All of my experiences have shown that I tend to like and have more success with women who don't play games, respond when they want to, and don't try to front this "I'm too busy to respond" garbage. I'm too busy and I still respond in a timely manner.

29. Old enough to be done with the games.
^^Maybe you should take some of your own advice. If you're seeing these women are online and not responding, that should tell you something. If they don't respond, move on to the next one.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:51 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,806,229 times
Quote:
What do I have to lose?
Sanity, self-respect, time, energy, etc. ? I mean you've been starting threads about how you don't want to date. now you're sending messages. what for? You obviously refuse to be honest with yourself.

Anyway, the intangible risk of online dating is that you'll begin to think it reflects reality. It doesn't. Women don't take it, or you, seriously because you haven't invested anything in the approach. It actually takes some bit of testicular fortitude to go introduce yourself to a girl in person, and get her #, or whatever.

Your attempts to flip the script, and reject them before they reject you, seems a rather transparent (and ineffective) defense mechanism against rejection. If anything it's sending the more astute women the signal that you're seeking their approval.

Last edited by le roi; 05-30-2012 at 09:02 AM..

Old 05-30-2012, 08:54 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,003,787 times
Quote:

I'll give that much to you, but I think honestly some are just not always around. I think some can be pretty lame, when they probably have some sort of rule for themselves in how long they wait.

What I've been doing these last few days is sending out messages, or when I receive them I reply right away. I don't worry about how long it takes for the girl to respond to me, but I will not ask for a number from a girl unless she has been responding to my messages as soon as I send them and vice versa. I after about 5-6 messages back and forth quickly I will then get their facebook to double check them on the looks department and then 2-3 more messages I'll ask a date.

Another thing that bothers me about women on there is they seem like bad conversationalists, the ones that never respond with questions or only respond about themselves, I usually just kind of stop messaging them.. imagine how boring that'd be on a real date haha. Have you come across that at all whee you'll ask a question to them and they will answer your question but not add anything more to the convo?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:55 AM

150 posts, read 251,263 times
Quote:
It sounds like you believe women are working the dating sites like you, which is wrong. I always assume attractive quality women have many options and avenues to meeting guys, and online dating sites is something they dabble in whenever they get the chance and for entertainment's sake. And while there are many women who are glued to their emails from dating sites, it's usually those type of women who don't have as many options to meeting quality guys. My 2 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships