Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:33 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,473 times

Advertisements

I agree with other posts. Just don't do anything. She is old enough to make her own decisions. I know that sometimes we don't think that they are the best, but that is her life. Unless he is abusing her, or make her do drugs or something like that. But other than that just don't do anything. It is her life. And she is old enough.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,251,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
There's nothin you can do but I understand where you are coming from. Im 39 and have a 15 year rule. I will not date anyone under 24. 20 plus age differences are ludicrous! It's absurd!
Why? Frankly, and IMHO, age is but a state of mind - you are only as old as you feel -

I put absolutely no stock in "you are too old" or "20 years age difference is ludicrous" -

Let them relax and enjoy each other -

Old 09-24-2007, 12:45 PM

436 posts, read 1,174,119 times
Age is but a state of mind? hello! i mean really. i dont buy that guru talk. we can not stop the natural way of things, and aging is part of nature. i dont care how much you tell yourself that your a twenty year old, when its time to grow up you grow up and you feel it eventually. you cant stop wrinkles and back and joint pains forever. poor cuzy... wasting her best years nursing that dude, shame.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3 View Post
Age is but a state of mind? hello! i mean really. i dont buy that guru talk. we can not stop the natural way of things, and aging is part of nature. i dont care how much you tell yourself that your a twenty year old, when its time to grow up you grow up and you feel it eventually. you cant stop wrinkles and back and joint pains forever. poor cuzy... wasting her best years nursing that dude, shame.
I have to ask (please forgive me) but, who are you to make a decision for an adult as to what she should, or should not, be doing??

Life is not about wrinkles - it is about attitude - and living life to the fullest - having fun - enjoying each other -

As others have said, it seems you might be jealous -

Old 09-24-2007, 02:12 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,338,160 times
I'll go ahead and post what everyone wants to know but hasn't asked yet.
Do you have a thing for your cousin?

Old 09-24-2007, 02:31 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
I'll go ahead and post what everyone wants to know but hasn't asked yet.
Do you have a thing for your cousin?

What I want to know is are you in a relationship right now? If not, do you wish you were? Are you jealous because your cousin is in one and you're not?

Old 09-24-2007, 03:02 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,371,721 times
Yup - as one poster stated "mind your own business." You call him a "sugar daddy" - is he really? She is of age and has been for a few years. Maybe she has poor taste in selecting the "right" man, but she will learn.

As an FYI - my late husband was 24 years older than me. We loved each other deeply and the age difference was only visible to outsiders. He passed away 15 years ago and I miss him to this very day. I remarried and my second husband is the love of my life and, as it turns out, is younger. :-)

Old 09-24-2007, 03:11 PM

436 posts, read 1,174,119 times
And that is such a silly question to ask, i wont even go down to that level. all i am saying is this is what family is for, we are this way with all of us. our roots and family are everything to us. and while you are in my family thats the golden rule we all have to live with. anyway she is getting more hell from the rest of the family. she is starting to give in. pretty soon all the men are going to teach that grandfather a lesson. i cant wait. shall keep you all updated.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
And that is such a silly question to ask, i wont even go down to that level. all i am saying is this is what family is for, we are this way with all of us. our roots and family are everything to us. and while you are in my family thats the golden rule we all have to live with. anyway she is getting more hell from the rest of the family. she is starting to give in. pretty soon all the men are going to teach that grandfather a lesson. i cant wait. shall keep you all updated.
AND, IMO, what is likely to happen is, she will grow in resentment towards the whole family and may withdraw from the family - disassociate from the family

Is this what you really want?

Again, IMO, if I were able to advise her, I would tell her to tell you, and those giving her a hard time to go to h_ell -

Old 09-24-2007, 03:38 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,306,864 times
Quote:
Wow. I feel sorry for your cousin. That's not a family - that's almost a prison.

Your tone sounds pretty threatening towards your cousin's boyfriend. It sounds like you're the ones who need the lesson - in tolerance, respect and LOVE. What you're describing isn't a family's love for one another. It's a family with serious control issues, and a total lack of respect for one another.

Do us a favor - DON'T keep us posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships