Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
A professional what?
doctor?
no broken bones
shrink?
sure I may work down a depression or whatever it is, but it's not like they can make me fundamentally change, nor give dating tips...
"lifecoach?"
YES, a life coach. If ever someone needed one, you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
are you going out alone or with buddies?

with the online dating...you say 4 sites, 11 months and 0 results. Have you met any of the women or are they just not writing you back?

You seemed baffled by why you're not hooking up. You don't have any idea why they're blowing you off???? I don't buy that.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:39 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,838 times
Besides taking a shower, are you well groomed and neatly dressed? Do you have a sense of humor? I don't know any guy, even ugly ones who can't get one out of 1,000 women so something doesn't seem right.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:42 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times
It's not how well dressed you are, or whether you are with your buddies or whatever. Not if you have been rejected that much and never succeeded. You need help from someone who can be there in person, whatever it is they should be able to tell you, online we really can't be of as much help.

How is it even possible to pass the 4 digit mark in rejections and not get one 'yes'? There must be something SERIOUSLY off with your manner or your appearance dude, that is statistically far, far from normal. Ask your buddies, I'm sure they know just what it is, then maybe yes a life coach or something, can't hurt, it takes courage to fix things like this.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
It's not how well dressed you are, or whether you are with your buddies or whatever. Not if you have been rejected that much and never succeeded. You need help from someone who can be there in person, whatever it is they should be able to tell you, online we really can't be of as much help.

How is it even possible to pass the 4 digit mark in rejections and not get one 'yes'? There must be something SERIOUSLY off with your manner or your appearance dude, that is statistically far, far from normal. Ask your buddies, I'm sure they know just what it is, then maybe yes a life coach or something, can't hurt, it takes courage to fix things like this.
He knows what the problem is, he said so himself...

HE HAS NO SOCIAL SKILLS.

Well, dang, he can develop some if he'll quit drinking and venting long enough to get some real help.

I just have little patience for people who throw themselves a pity party when they don't get what they claim they want so badly, when they haven't even made the effort to fix the problem

Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times
It's more than that. Plenty of guys don't have good social skills and get by. There are also lots of lonely girls out there. If he has asked a thousand out and been rejected a thousand times then it is more than his social skills.

From what I can gather, yes, do not be drunk when you do this. It won't help at all, you will get rejected every time if you are wasted. Have just a couple drinks to relax and loosen up, just a couple.

Also it sounds like you are defeated, you are going at it with a sadsack attitude. No one wants to be approached by eeyore, dude. It sounds like you have conceded defeat before you even walk up to them. If that's the case, why bother at all? Just hoping you randomly get lucky one time? That's like halfheartedly swinging a baseball bat and hoping for a home run.

If you are depressed and defeated, that will come across, and girls will want nothing to do with you. Work on that, first and foremost. Forget about asking girls out for now, try to make yourself happy. No one wants to go out with someone who is unhappy, who has nothing going on in their life. Take time to do stuff you like, take up a hobby or something, focus on making yourself happy. Would you even be happy if a girl said 'yes' to you one time? It sounds like you are lacking in more areas than this one, some girl is not going to just fill the void for you. Learn to enjoy doing your own thing.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:54 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You seemed baffled by why you're not hooking up. You don't have any idea why they're blowing you off???? I don't buy that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I don't know any guy, even ugly ones who can't get one out of 1,000 women so something doesn't seem right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I just have little patience for people who throw themselves a pity party when they don't get what they claim they want so badly, when they haven't even made the effort to fix the problem
All of that^^!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Awwww young man pick yourself up and smile. You accomplished hard college courses and did more in the dating scene than most. You tried. I will ignore the fat comment. Look at different places to meet people. Take my word for it, clubs aren't where you meet women. They are for hanging with your buds and dancing that's it. Stop looking. I am told. And that goes for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships