Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times

Advertisements

The counterpart thread to what turns women off when dating. Guys what are your dealbreakers?

Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Smoking, jealousy, and not active (doesn't exercise). I'll add to this materialism, but sometimes it takes a while to see this.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:28 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
The counterpart thread to what turns women off when dating. Guys what are your dealbreakers?
I first get to know a woman BEFORE going out on a date thru belonging to the same Singles Group or an activity that we are both are engaged in. So, as im getting to know the woman in this venue, I compare my 'cannot have' list to the person to determine if they are a sound Dating prospect . These non negotiables include :

Smoking, drinking excessively, alot of negativity , whining, high maintenance, habitually showing up late , using foul language, inconsiderate , having past unresolved issues , dressing too provacatively , being too loud, being sexually suggestive in terms of availability , and being too desperate to have/get a guy .

If they pass this basic criteria, then Ill suggest a get together which will be very informal and without alot of bling . I would also hope the gal has a firm 'cannot have' list because to me this shows they have some integrity and character.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I first get to know a woman BEFORE going out on a date thru belonging to the same Singles Group or an activity that we are both are engaged in. So, as im getting to know the woman in this venue, I compare my 'cannot have' list to the person to determine if they are a sound Dating prospect . These non negotiables include :

Smoking, drinking excessively, alot of negativity , whining, high maintenance, habitually showing up late , using foul language, inconsiderate , having past unresolved issues , dressing too provacatively , being too loud, being sexually suggestive in terms of availability , and being too desperate to have/get a guy .

If they pass this basic criteria, then Ill suggest a get together which will be very informal and without alot of bling . I would also hope the gal has a firm 'cannot have' list because to me this shows they have some integrity and character.
Wow, thats a great list. Yes, let me add those things to mine. Past unresolved issues takes a while to discover. My last girlfriend broke up with me because of her own issues. I was actually overlooking them. Guess she did me a favor.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:38 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Pessimism, I cannot deal with pessimistic people who call themselves "realists".

Mean spirited women

Judgmental/thinking they are better than the next person. Confidence and knowing you're the best is one thing, looking down on another person is a whole new ball game and I don't put up with that.

Annoyances I could get past for a short term relationship/if she's hot enough

-Vegetarian
-Not a sports fan/Doesn't like the Red Wings
-Doesn't drink

Old 06-10-2012, 09:41 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Wow, thats a great list. Yes, let me add those things to mine. Past unresolved issues takes a while to discover. My last girlfriend broke up with me because of her own issues. I was actually overlooking them. Guess she did me a favor.
There are some past unresolved issues which are manageable for the other person..but some are quite deep and rise to the surface in pretty ugly ways which are detrimental to a friendship with the opposite sex. A few ive run into with women are : They dont trust men, they dont really like men, they judge all men the same (poorly) , they are looking to be taken care of , they need a man to fulfill them , they want and expect the royal treatment (entitle-itis) , they have very low self esteem if they dont have a man by their side. Its good if the gal (or guy) becomes healthy before embarking on Dating ; until such time....hanging in a Group setting is a good alternative.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Pessimism, I cannot deal with pessimistic people who call themselves "realists".

Mean spirited women

Judgmental/thinking they are better than the next person. Confidence and knowing you're the best is one thing, looking down on another person is a whole new ball game and I don't put up with that.

Annoyances I could get past for a short term relationship/if she's hot enough

-Vegetarian
-Not a sports fan/Doesn't like the Red Wings
-Doesn't drink
LMAO at your annoyances, especially the Red Wings. Hilarious! The drinking thing would bother me too because I like sharing a bottle of wine with a woman.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:47 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
LMAO at your annoyances, especially the Red Wings. Hilarious! The drinking thing would bother me too because I like sharing a bottle of wine with a woman.

Hahaha I grew up and played hockey my whole life, I just wouldn't be able to get past it ... especially a Sydney Crosby fan or.... :shutter: Blackhawks fan.

Granted, that's as long as I'm living in Michigan. I'd be more forgiving if I was living in a different state.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:54 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
The same things that can be attributed to anyone: smoking, being too conservative, and I really can't find chemistry with people that can't talk about deeper things. Small talk is for opening up, but constantly talking about trivial stuff is a turn off.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:42 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Hahaha I grew up and played hockey my whole life, I just wouldn't be able to get past it ... especially a Sydney Crosby fan or.... :shutter: Blackhawks fan.

Granted, that's as long as I'm living in Michigan. I'd be more forgiving if I was living in a different state.
Go Flyers! Go Penquins!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships