Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 09:44 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
When you learned of her situation had you not sent your hopes into the stratosphere your plumment wouldn't have been as far.
My hopes didnt go into the stratosphere, nor did I "plummet" so far

Its just lately I've been on a really bad dry spell and I cannot figure out what is wrong with me lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 09:55 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
My hopes didnt go into the stratosphere, nor did I "plummet" so far

Its just lately I've been on a really bad dry spell and I cannot figure out what is wrong with me lately.
Just curious. How did you ask her for her number? What exactly did she say?

Old 06-16-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Just curious. How did you ask her for her number? What exactly did she say? No?
I actually told her that she seemed really sweet (I meant that when I said it, she was a sweetheart up till the end) and that I'd like to meet up with her again for a drink or some lunch

She said "No sorry, but thanks"

Old 06-16-2012, 10:15 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
I actually told her that she seemed really sweet (I meant that when I said it, she was a sweetheart up till the end) and that I'd like to meet up with her again for a drink or some lunch

She said "No sorry, but thanks"
That sounds like a perfectly reasonable and friendly exchange. So what is the problem? I know you have had serious problems talking to women in the past, and here you are, having a friendly conversation and even being bold to ask for a date. Bravo. I would put this one in the win column.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
That sounds like a perfectly reasonable and friendly exchange. So what is the problem? I know you have had serious problems talking to women in the past, and here you are, having a friendly conversation and even being bold to ask for a date. Bravo. I would put this one in the win column.
Well, I go to Downtown Orlando once a week to go out and have a few drinks (usually only a few since downtown is a 19 mile drive from my house) and I try talking to women like they're real people and I dont make a big deal like I used to. I usually get at least one number per weekend when I go out, but thats usually as far as it goes. At first it was a confidence building exercise for myself

But now Im at a point where some of these women I meet, Id actually like to see them again but when I initiate contact I never hear anything

Perhaps because I dont have a local area code for my cell number? I moved back here to Orlando from Vegas and I still have the 702 Vegas area code instead of the Orlando area code 407

The fact that I havent been with a wman (if you know what I mean) in over 4.5 months is getting to me too and even the "Easy" girls aren't feeling me

Some of the women I've met have even said that I'm "cute" which makes me feel better about myself but still, my looks alone obviously arent enough to get women to like me

I just cant figure out what Im doing wrong

Old 06-16-2012, 10:26 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Met a girl this past Thursday at a local bar, same age as me. She admitted to me she was on a rebound and she and I were talking for awhile and things seemed to be going well until I asked for her number and she flat out rejected me

Is my game THAT sucky when I cant even get a girl who's on a rebound?

newsflash: she's not obligated to give you anything, just because you spoke to each other.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
newsflash: she's not obligated to give you anything, just because you spoke to each other.
You make an excellent point, Im well aware she's not obligated too

Things to me seemed to be going well up to that point and I actually did want to see her again which why I asked for her number

Old 06-16-2012, 10:33 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:

Things to me seemed to be going well up to that point and I actually did want to see her again which why I asked for her number

Yes well there could of been any number of reasons why she said no, doesn't mean it had anything to do with you or your 'game' or whatever. *shrugs*

Old 06-16-2012, 10:57 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
Just because she's on the rebound doesn't mean she has to be into you, or any guy that walks through the door. Maybe just wasn't into you??

Old 06-16-2012, 10:58 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
Quote:

Maybe when push came to shove she wasn't really ready to even give out her number?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships