Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 10:55 AM

88,676 posts, read 84,974,162 times

Advertisements

They should have a dating site for fat people who want to lose weight together.

You set a weight goal, go out on dates but at the same time diet and exercise together, and then if one or the other doesn't meet their goal, it's over and you move on.

Think it'll fly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 12:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,904,031 times
I had profiles on several dating sites and I was called demanding. In my profile I stated I am not interested in dating someone with kids and is obese. Yet I would get so many complaints about this and I don't get it, because so many of the men were more demanding like the obese men wanting slim women. I am not obese, I don't have kids so why not ask for what I am?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Yeah, I agree. They are a waste of time.

Three things that I've noticed on the websites. The following 3 are in large quantities:

1-Women with lots of Baggage
2-Single mothers
3-Lots of Fat/BBW women
This made me laugh because it is so true. I found the same though when looking for a male so it's not just one gender. Since I fit in none of the categories (I tell men the majority of my baggage is the luggage in my closet)I have decided online dating doesn't work for me.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:07 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,742,248 times
None of us know what we want or what is good for us. Pay no attention.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:46 PM

6 posts, read 6,427 times
As I could see there was a sudden stop after 2nd July and then comes back on 25th august…
I would say I am just keeping myself busy reading such nice posts and would definitely appreciate both men/women on participating on such threads, on provocating/protecting/potentially safeguarding some generalised judgments about how few things are working…
I would say a good debate is really good taken on right grounds. All those matrimonial websites has at least Millions of users (e.g. Shaadi.com) but I have seen female contributors here –

*Sixy" - some posts quite good,
Doll Eyes – quite protective on female thoughts (may be generalised),
Moonsavvy – post 173 is quite right…

Apart from that what men have put here –
calicali01 156 quite right
TVandSportsGuy 159 quite right
calicali01 179 excellent note
xzane 232 is quite excellent note...

But as I said the matrimonial – dating sites have thousands of users bot male & female and compared to that the contributors here as quite less, we would just take that as their personal opinions (that’s what I just guess).
Practically this thread is quite right , and quite debatable as well because I would consider few things here.
(This relates to Men and Women both, who pretends to put exaggerated or say over ambitious details on their profile) The whole world (your life) as a car junk yard, when u go visit (website) that and try to choose/try a car (a partner), you are surely not given an hours of TRIAL for that equipment (that Men/Women), eventually if you like it, you go for it. who knows say by end of a week that car (now u know M/W) would give some problems (un-described as per original profile), how would u get rid of it??? Not so possible because you are tied by some knots (MARRIAGE), instead if you would potentially give some realistic values in the profile, it might have worked.

This exactly describes to my Ex-wife, when we had an argument, she used to tell me “we already spoke that before marriage”.. OH “WTF”, just because we agreed to something doesn’t mean it won’t change in the real world because of the reality in the real world changes… this is just exactly like a “Government”, if they can’t fulfil their promise then change it, but excuse me it changes after some said period…. We ended up in divorce… and to the reality, no one can predict their own life even after choosing a partner, some partners are bloody so convincing you don’t even know it. Otherwise in the real world there would be no recession and the whole world would just keep progressing all the time. – Completely unrealistic.

I would say these female participants did try to prove their points to certain level and all the male participants also tried to prove their points. Me being male and on few matrimonial websites on at least some regular basis I do agree with them that many (not all) female profiles do put unreasonable/unrealistic demands on their profile, one common would be “I would like someone who would make me LAUGH”… excuse me, this is something get natural, if you are good you will surely get a good response back, hopefully laughable, if you chose a good person, but to an extreme to that advert – I would say better chose a bloody JOKER to make you laugh all the time…

Last edited by jdwis; 08-25-2012 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: ..

Old 08-25-2012, 03:31 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,987,449 times
i never understand why anyone would list what they don't want or what they "require"

the profile has one purpose and one only. to be attractive to those you do want

simply decline or ignore requests from people who don't meet your standards

lists of what you don't want or require is more empty content on a site filled with profile after profile of crap to read. it's quite possible a prince charming or ms. right will simply not bother reading your profile if you put too much crap up. who likes to read profiles all day? he/she might instaed message another profile whose pics just as good and which has less rubbish text and more interesting text

especially when people say things like they don't want someone who is "lazy" or must be "motivated" or other such vague nonsense

who is really going to read that and think to themselves, "oh well i guess that rules my lazy ass out, i better not message"

it's not even an effective deterrent anyway. someone who doesn't meet your "requirements" has nothing to lose by ignoring them. this is evidenced by how often people complain that responders ignore their listed requirements

Old 08-25-2012, 11:58 PM

I started putting the no dads in my profile because that was mostly was I was getting. I figured if I was honest these guys (and they were clogging my inbox)would stop responding and when I put it most of them stopped responding. A few others I either ignored or sent a thanks but no thanks and if they got annoying I used my profile as my proof I wasn't interested in them.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:41 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,652,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I started putting the no dads in my profile because that was mostly was I was getting. I figured if I was honest these guys (and they were clogging my inbox)would stop responding and when I put it most of them stopped responding. A few others I either ignored or sent a thanks but no thanks and if they got annoying I used my profile as my proof I wasn't interested in them.
It doesn't really matter... the majority of the guys put 'no kids' even if they have them. If they're not living with them full time, they don't consider themselves to be single dads.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:05 AM

I don't know, I have met a few guys (not on dating sites)who had the kids weekends or less and said they had kids. This is why I don't like online dating, because I have found a few guys had kids (and many also had wives)though they said they didn't.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:31 AM

117 posts, read 214,083 times
Hmm well I first tried online dating in 2006 (FL) I think, and at least back then I used to get a reply to an email once in a while. And I KNOW my pictures weren't that great back then - I think they're better now. Nowadays it seems like the odds of me getting replies are next to nothing, and my body has not changed besides the age (35, 5'9" about 155-160). Women are extemely picky about height and I know being 5'9 is a drawback.

Actually today I saw a profile and it made me laugh. Cute looking girl-next-door body - not super modelish - 30 I think? Basically, she says her work schedule allows her sufficient time off to travel all the time and take vacations. Sometimes a couple weeks in Eurpoe, wherever. And she wants a guy who shares her passion for travel (every girl says that). Ok how about being reasonable. Most of us get maybe 2 weeks of vacation time a year and don't have an endless travel budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships