Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:14 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times

Advertisements

Buying a house IS a big deal. There's tons of paperwork that the bank is always asking for even though you submitted it 3 times. There's a matter of title and permit searches...it's draining. He does have a lot on his plate and you're doing great by not asking about the relationship. When hubby and I were dating, there was a time when he had so much going on that he couldn't make time for me. We did split up but it wasn't for long (less than a month). He needed time to sort things out and it had absolutely nothing to do with me. Your BF works fulltime, is in a new state so probably doesn't know that many people or have family/friends for support and he's trying to buy a house. Everything will fall into place. I agree with Carlitasway-maybe you can visit him? I'm sure it will be a nice surprise for him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 AM

884 posts, read 1,172,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Then when you find out he is just stressed of the move and the house you will look like an a$$ for thinking that.

Jealousy and false accusations kill a relationship. Love is what builds on trust and loyalty. That of which this young lady has done.
I agree that she handled it correctly, actually. I just wouldn't be gearing up to move out his way yet. i don't think she should accuse him of anything, I guess sometimes when people are under the stress of buying a house and being in a new location they grow distant and push people they care about away. I do understand that, it is strange to me that he feels he can't lean on her, but everyone's different. I was just thinking, 10 months into a relationship, now it's become a LDR (with plans to move) and he's withdrawing from her...doesn't sound like he really wants her out there. But I could be, and hopefully am, wrong.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:05 AM

626 posts, read 903,334 times
OP,

Don't read too much into it (more than what he's saying). If you start wondering if he's about the end the relationship, this might bring added pressure. If I were in your shoes, I would visit him (if possible). You'd be surprise how that could make the world of difference. Telling him you're there versus showing him are two different things. Good luck and let us know what happened.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:27 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
I agree with everyone else. When I'm upset I want to talk it out. I talk to whoever I'm dating or my friends or family, but not everyone does that. Some people just want to be left alone to sort things out for themselves. I think your response was perfect! Letting him know you're there for him but if he needs some space that's cool too. That said - if he doesn't get back into boyfriend mode in the next few weeks I would reevaluate. A little space is fine, but ignoring you for weeks isn't!

Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
honeymel12...I'm thinking he's kinda feeling pretty low...the house thing is part...but you being so far away and not wanting to join him is really making him feel that everythings "piling in on him at once"...I don't think he's breaking up with you...but I'm thinking maybe he's feeling that you are breaking up with him.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:04 PM

334 posts, read 537,790 times
I remember reading an article that said buying a house is one of the most stressful events in a person's life.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:54 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
once he gets the house, see if he's still so keen on moving you in then.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:34 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
If you posted this in the wee hours of Thursday night/Friday morning, that means you hadn't spoken to him in four days. I can't imagine having a serious boyfriend who didn't talk to me at all for several days at a time, and vice versa, because I wouldn't go four days without talking to someone I loved, especially if he's under stress. The whole point of a relationship is to be there for each other, if not physically, then emotionally, right? Something is wrong. Maybe you've been dumped, but indirectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships