Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yes, some women do the same thing and respond in the same way online as you said you experienced. i never was rude to a man on those sites until they were rude to me. But this OP shows how vindictive men are and how they take things when it doesn't go their way. They always feel like they have to cut some woman down or get back at her, or whatever. I notice men troll those sites for the best looking pictures and then those are the women they message. When she responds rudely or whatever they blame her, well maybe stop just looking at the pictures and see how the woman writes up her profile, etc. I looked at the pictures AND what they had written about themselves, the phrases they used etc. It doesn't matter if you're a not so great looking woman, try sending various men messages on there and see how they 'nicely' they respond.

Of course men can be this way, but not all of us are like this. Look at how the other guys react to him and how he acts. They think he's a weirdo lol.

I do look for the girls with the best pictures, but you can bet your butt theres a ton of 10s that I don't message because I don't like what I read. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who still message them though.

On another note, there are women who message me, even when it's 100% apparent they never read my profile. It goes both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 01:05 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,273,013 times
Quote:
.....and men do this all the time on those dating sites, that's why they ask for the picture up front to see if you're "good enough" for them to talk to. Once they see it, if it's not up to standard, they say the same exact thing. Some of them don't respond back at all.
I'm not saying men are any better in this regard than women, just reporting what I had seen. As I said, it's not something I know much about.

But, if looks are that important to someone, I do think it would be better to insist on seeing a picture up front and cut things off early if the potential date didn't pass muster in the looks department rather than leading someone on through a series of emails first.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
These are fun things to talk about..... how are these questions bad? It is normal light hearted conversation. Who doesn't have a 5 year plan, who can't talk about what they do for a living? Wondering why they are single, that's just a joke people say... you really need a crash course in social interaction dude. Maybe turn off your computer and spend your time socializing.
If I haven't seen a woman naked my five year plan is none of her business. That personal information that doesn't need to be shared with a stranger on the internet that you may not even be talking to in 2 months

Old 06-26-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
We'd appreciate it if you'd take the remaining 25% from the dating world.
Please do us a favor.
Do say yes.

Funny, I feel the same thing about your social skills.
Go figure.

If I can find a full-time fetish girl who is cute and has a legal job with nice feet and a sense of humor I just may do that

Old 06-26-2012, 04:09 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If I haven't seen a woman naked my five year plan is none of her business. That personal information that doesn't need to be shared with a stranger on the internet that you may not even be talking to in 2 months

What the hell does her taking off her clothes have to do with talking about life and general topics, which others have told you are NORMAL conversational topics??? As if her trading sex equals getting to know you, typical ..... I am pretty socially limited and have some problems with that, etc. but you don't even realize the seriousness of your issues where this is concerned. Shame. Sorry to say, if you're on a pay dating site, at this point you're wasting your money.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
What the hell does her taking off her clothes have to do with talking about life and general topics, which others have told you are NORMAL conversational topics??? As if her trading sex equals getting to know you, typical ..... I am pretty socially limited and have some problems with that, etc. but you don't even realize the seriousness of your issues where this is concerned. Shame. Sorry to say, if you're on a pay dating site, at this point you're wasting your money.

Meaning that I would need to be intimate with someone before I share that personal information. I almost need to be in a serious relationship because like I said it's a very personal question and should not be discussed when you first meet someone

And no I'm not on a pay dating site

Old 06-26-2012, 04:22 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
she wants a free ride.

c'mon man, i'm sure you knew that before this thread reached 10 + pages.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:22 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Meaning that I would need to be intimate with someone before I share that personal information. I almost need to be in a serious relationship because like I said it's a very personal question and should not be discussed when you first meet someone

How is that working for you?

The irony is, most quality women want to get to know you before the sleep with you.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
How is that working for you?

The irony is, most quality women want to get to know you before the sleep with you.

All they need to know is what I do for a living, my five year career plan is none of their damm business

Old 06-26-2012, 04:31 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:

And again how taking off clothes corresponds with a question like that, is beyond me....I am a very private person and even I don't see asking what someone's plans are as far as their life or whatever as anything more then general conversation, but think about it the way you want. Maybe you don't have a plan or are embarrassed about what it entail who knows. Instead of getting bent out of shape about it, there's easy ways to answer that kind of question without feeling like it's some kind of indictment on your person......But as someone said 10 plus pages and nothing has been accomplished. So good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships