Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 11:05 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If you think TVSG is a normal representative of anyone, then I think you're the one with the problem
In her defense, I could see having one or two exchanges with someone like him ruining online dating for her.

I'm not single, but if I were, reading his BS would make me REALLY consider what could be lurking behind those profiles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Proving that ANYONE would respond just like I did if someone was rude to them for no reason at all.
No, correction...proving that ONE person would respond just like you did. Not anyone, just ONE and that is IF she doesn't just put you on ignore.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
In her defense, I could see having one or two exchanges with someone like him ruining online dating for her.

I'm not single, but if I were reading his BS would make me REALLY consider what could be lurking behind those profiles.

Oh I know, I just was trying to get the point across that someone like TVSG is very far from the norm.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:09 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
If you think TVSG is a normal representative of anyone, then I think you're the one with the problem

that's funny how you turned that back onto me, despite the fact that men are often rude, vindictive and hateful and have been towards me for the majority of my life. so in conclusion he is representative of many of you.

"6ofus' is right. But anyway.....

Old 06-25-2012, 11:09 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Proving that ANYONE would respond just like I did if someone was rude to them for no reason at all.
There's a poster above who said she wouldn't respond like you would. There are a lot of people who would take the high road because it's not worth it.

Beyond that, what good does it do you to be nasty to someone just to prove a point to yourself? It's not getting you any closer to getting a date.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Oh I know, I just was trying to get the point across that someone like TVSG is very far from the norm.
LOL. yea, keep telling yourself that. I know better.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

I'm not single, but if I were, reading his BS would make me REALLY consider what could be lurking behind those profiles.

not saying you should go on there b/c you're married but you would not beleive the type of men that post on those sites. i had come across some real wackos and not saying I'm picture of mental health myself, but I act halfway decent....TVSG, is very representative of the type of men on there. they act all 'normal' and then blindside you with some off the wall (sometimes rude) sh*t.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's funny how you turned that back onto me, despite the fact that men are often rude, vindictive and hateful and have been towards me for the majority of my life. so in conclusion he is representative of many of you.

"6ofus' is right. But anyway.....
All men are mean to you? This is so sad. Not all are A-holes.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:13 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,268 times
The sad truth is that a lot of men behave badly on dating sites and ruin it for the good men out there. Obviously women can behave badly too, but men outnumber women on most dating sites.

Can't we all just get along?

Old 06-25-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
not saying you should go on there b/c you're married but you would not beleive the type of men that post on those sites. i had come across some real wackos and not saying I'm picture of mental health myself, but I act halfway decent....TVSG, is very representative of the type of men on there. they act all 'normal' and then blindside you with some off the wall (sometimes rude) sh*t.
I'm half tempted to check out the people on dating sites after reading about so many bad experiences on this message board...but then my husband would be here posting "why is my wife looking at dating sites...is she cheating ???" And EVERYONE here would tell him that I'm a hootchie and he needs to leave my ass. Then I WOULD be on those damn dating sites! LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships