Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 01:11 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There's an unfortunate reason for many women acting like that... I've had a few guys act very romantic and treated me great... Turns out it was all an act to get my defenses down so they could sleep with me.

I'm VERY cynical when it comes to romance... As they say, once bitten twice shy.
Your reasoning is hard to follow.

You didn't like it because some guys were very romantic and treated you great and then...gasp...at some point they wanted to sleep with you? The Horrors!! Seriously, virtually all men date, woo and romance women with the idea that they will have sex at some point. That's kind of what dating and relationships are all about. Also, most people put on their best face initially when they start dating. You know, being romantic and sweet and all that. I'm sure you don't show up for dates unwashed and smelly with a bad attitude. You likely at least attempt to be pretty, charming and personable. Right?

Would you prefer a man treat you nasty and harshly before going to bed with you? Are you one of the gals who likes bad boys?

BTW, aren't you the one who claims men ignore her and treat her like one of the guys? It turns out there are some guys who see you as an attractive desireable woman and you're still not happy?

This is the kind of stuff that drives men crazy. Here's a classic case of a woman being unhappy when guys ignore her yet still being unhappy when guys woo and pursue her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Your reasoning is hard to follow.

You didn't like it because some guys were very romantic and treated you great and then...gasp...at some point they wanted to sleep with you? The Horrors!! Seriously, virtually all men date, woo and romance women with the idea that they will have sex at some point. That's kind of what dating and relationships are all about. Also, most people put on their best face initially when they start dating. You know, being romantic and sweet and all that. I'm sure you don't show up for dates unwashed and smelly with a bad attitude. You likely at least attempt to be pretty, charming and personable. Right?

Would you prefer a man treat you nasty and harshly before going to bed with you? Are you one of the gals who likes bad boys?

BTW, aren't you the one who claims men ignore her and treat her like one of the guys? It turns out there are some guys who see you as an attractive desireable woman and you're still not happy?

This is the kind of stuff that drives men crazy. Here's a classic case of a woman being unhappy when guys ignore her yet still being unhappy when guys woo and pursue her.

Perhaps I should have elaborated... They ONLY wanted to sleep with me. They were treating me nicely with the end goal of sex and nothing more. They were pretending to like me, hinting that this relationship may actually be worth pursuing and once they got their jollies off a few times they left.

Should I feel good that a guy 'wooed' me only to get in my pants and move onto the next girl? They obviously saw that I was insecure (this was many years ago, I don't fall for bs anymore) and took advantage of it. Guys either treat me like 'one of the guys' or they just want to sleep with me and leave. They don't give a crap about me as a person, but hey, at least I used to get attention!

Old 06-29-2012, 03:08 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
There's an unfortunate reason for many women acting like that... I've had a few guys act very romantic and treated me great... Turns out it was all an act to get my defenses down so they could sleep with me.

I'm VERY cynical when it comes to romance... As they say, once bitten twice shy.
Guess that means I should just give it up. Change. Be a fake person, put on an act, hell just be a liar even... which completely goes against who I am as a person.

Ah... never can win at this. Never.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Guess that means I should just give it up. Change. Be a fake person, put on an act, hell just be a liar even... which completely goes against who I am as a person.

Ah... never can win at this. Never.
Just don't come on too strong... Save the romantic gestures for a bit down the road when she gets to know you and won't have her guard up.

By my past experiences I assume all men only want to sleep with me and leave. There's a reason I have my guard up.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Just don't come on too strong... Save the romantic gestures for a bit down the road when she gets to know you and won't have her guard up.

By my past experiences I assume all men only want to sleep with me and leave. There's a reason I have my guard up.
I'd respond to this but it could get ugly - and it's not about YOU personally. I'll just leave it at that.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
I'd respond to this but it could get ugly - and it's not about YOU personally. I'll just leave it at that.
We could always take it PMing

I know not all men are like this... But from my personal experiences I've never gone out with a guy and not had him say something vulgar or make a move, sometimes within the first hour of meeting. I would love to go out with someone and not have the expectation of immediate sex. Maybe guys assume because I'm heavily tattooed or have a large chest I must be easy, maybe I come off as too personable... Who knows?

Old 06-29-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:

I know not all men are like this... But from my personal experiences I've never gone out with a guy and not had him say something vulgar or make a move, sometimes within the first hour of meeting. I would love to go out with someone and not have the expectation of immediate sex. Maybe guys assume because I'm heavily tattooed or have a large chest I must be easy, maybe I come off as too personable... Who knows?
Well, that's a shame. I cannot speak for all men but I can tell you without any doubt that I, personally, am not that sort. Some of us ARE gentlemen and we treat women as people, not as objects, playthings, etc. And it's NOT about getting into a woman's pants right off the bat either. Some of us actually do have class.

Perhaps either you are hanging out with the wrong type - not faulting you if so as it may not be easy to seek out men of a different type depending on your circumstances - or you are just simply having horrendous luck. Dunno what to say...

Old 06-29-2012, 05:56 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:

I found a man like that and married him and you know how that ended.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:23 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:

Could be I'm not sure if Ive ever gone out with a woman with a ton of ink, even though I have friends that are covered and I really like some of the well done ones. Do you think it limits the type of man that is interested in you? Ive seen some of the responses to the Tatoo threads where you have men that freak over any body art, or mostly likely are just a little ehh about it. Regardless, I can't believe that you haven't gone out with one man who didn't say one thing vulgar or make an early move

Old 06-29-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Could be I'm not sure if Ive ever gone out with a woman with a ton of ink, even though I have friends that are covered and I really like some of the well done ones. Do you think it limits the type of man that is interested in you? Ive seen some of the responses to the Tatoo threads where you have men that freak over any body art, or mostly likely are just a little ehh about it. Regardless, I can't believe that you haven't gone out with one man who didn't say one thing vulgar or make an early move
Most guys don't like tattoos, and I knew that when I started getting them. It absolutely narrows my dating pool, add that to the fact that I'm super tall and I think it narrows it down to about 8 men total

I went out with what I thought was a really nice guy a few weeks ago...things were going really well and I was really excited because he was so much fun to hang out with. We spent a few hours together and at the end of the night I gave him a hug goodbye and told him I'd like to see him again. He took this as the cue to grab my boob. This is the stuff I deal with...haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships