Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 08:23 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Someone or more than one someone will pick this one up then toss her aside after she gets too old or too heavy or too something else. Eventually I hope she finds true happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 08:51 AM

63 posts, read 73,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
She was actually serious when she said that?

Oh boy I would've had a field day with that one.

Sounds to me like that women has "Peg Bundy syndrome"

Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
True...while my mother also added..."Love is great, but most marriages end over money or lack therof." Let us it real..
I have often times thought a guy was the one for me then mom states "He does not make enough money, does he not want more for himself or his family? You are going to be the one winning yet the one working all those hours and unable to enjoy it" My mom was a bonafide princess and she owns land and never needed das money although his making it makes their retirement better. I RECALL my stating to my mom :I do not need alot, l;ove can conquer all" She stated "Tell me that, when the electricity bill cannot be paid, the gas cannot be paid and you have no hot water or light" "Love is more than just love sand you need to be realistic." Mom was right.

Yeah, thats nice.. I CAN support my son and I with no issues at all. However if I am going to be with a man? He had better make more than me...period.. I do not believe in stay at home dads! I did not have one, cannot imagine having one let alone supporting one..end of story.

You've got a distorted view of life. So if it's ok, for a girl to "think" that she should be treated like a princess and be taken care of, then it should be fine for men to just use any girl for sex whenever and however, and then throw them away because of whatever reason (insert any reason here) they feel like it. Shouldn't the men be entitled to have their list of "wants" no matter how unreasonable too? If it was a guy who came on here and said I want a women who always works out to stay in shape. Takes care of her face. Cooks, cleans, acts appropriate, etc, etc...People would be jumping all over his sh t! Saying things like, "who are you?". Well, that's how this women makes me feel. Who the f ck are you? What makes you so damn special?

I don't care who says what or how. No girl deserves to be treated like a princess. Entitlement is not attractive to anyone. I'm sure there will be plenty of wealthy, geeky as holes willing to accomodate these little divas but "why" is certainly my only guess.

I keep hearing from some women that, "good for her, she should be able to choose men by these standards. That's fine. Then don't complain when the b tch is lonely. And if it's fine for a women to walk that fine line of being kept or having a "sugar daddy". Then I guess it's fine for men, to keep acting any way that irritates women. You want to be treated like a princess and you'll get what you get. Just don't think a prince is going to be showing up. Hope her expectations in time become more realistic..

Old 07-15-2012, 01:51 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
As long as she's good looking, most men will keep her around. How many guys on just this forum alone have admitted that looks are basically all that matters and everything else is faaaaar down on the list? If they could 'afford' a hot woman, you'd better believe they'd jump at the chance. Like one of my guy friends told me, "you should have have taken the money you spent on your engineering degree and had plastic surgery instead.". Most (not all, but most) men couldn't care less about intelligence or accomplishments, and I've been told that to my face on several occasions.
i agree with this but also say that eventually a guy comes to his senses and realize when this girl is being a PITA that he is better off dumping her and going after a girl that is more level headed.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:03 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Shucks. I've seen women like that in my life. Their standards are so high that if Jesus Christ asked them out, he'd get the turndown because a) He's a carpenter, b) he has these twelve buddies who are always hanging out, and c) "Did you see what he was wearing? Honestly...." Of course that water-in-wine party trick is pretty cool.

Jokes aside, the women I've known, while making a list of must-haves longer than their arms, never seem to realize that they are not that great of a prize, either. These women are the equivalent of guys who say, "I want a woman with big boobs, must love sex all the time, be gorgeous and funny, be sensitive to my needs at all times, and must love me for who I am, despite the fact that I'm forty pounds overweight with a bad combover." You know, the guys you women like to make fun of.

We have a very good friend like that. In her twenties, she was the total package. Gorgeous, intelligent, and successful, if a bit narcissistic. Who am I kidding. She was a princess type.

Lots of guys came and went. Met most of them. All were really great guys. Financially successful. Architects. Lawyers. Fun to be around. Good looking, at least according to MrsCPG. Guess what? She either drove them away or got dumped after they tired of a few months of incessant demands and pouting.

Today, she remains single at the age of 43. She calls MrsCPG every few months and asks, "Do you know anyone? I mean anyone." Her standards have slipped incredibly. I don't take any pleasure in it. But I can't help but wonder if she would have been happier had she been just a little more realistic in her standards.
yup, i consider myself to be a great guy.. yet i tried to date a girl who only dated democrats, had to have a very good job, high education, live in manhattan.. I couldnt pass the checklist, so she never was fully "interested"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships