Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:26 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,026 times

Advertisements

Let's say a girl and a guy go out on a date. The girl isn't feeling it, but has sex with the guy, and then does the fade out/tells him she just wants to be friends.

From my experience in general, guys don't seem to really mind this, at least not NEARLY as much as women. Like like as long as the guy gets sex, it doesn't matter too much about getting rejected after. It explains the different between men hating the FZ(no sex) and loving and many even preferring FWB(sex)

The reason why I ask this question is because women always complain about a guy bailing after sex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 06:30 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times
I say its about a 60% (don't care) 40% (do care) split.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:38 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,909,702 times
Yes, I think lots of men would care. Men do have feelings, contrary to what half the population thinks. There are lots of men who would like to find love and companionship. But that's not easy when there are so many women that think of men as only a good looking trophy or a ATM card.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:39 AM

529 posts, read 702,014 times
I presume that if a guy was only concerned about getting one night of sex from some woman, they'd just hire a prostitute and not have to pay for dinner.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:50 AM

448 posts, read 763,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Let's say a girl and a guy go out on a date. The girl isn't feeling it, but has sex with the guy, and then does the fade out/tells him she just wants to be friends.

From my experience in general, guys don't seem to really mind this, at least not NEARLY as much as women. Like like as long as the guy gets sex, it doesn't matter too much about getting rejected after. It explains the different between men hating the FZ(no sex) and loving and many even preferring FWB(sex)

The reason why I ask this question is because women always complain about a guy bailing after sex
The way I think about it is a would rather have sex than not. So I'd rather have sex and get dumped as opposed to not getting anything out of the situation at all.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:54 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,136 times
I think it would depend on the situation. If the man is really interested in the woman and has feelings for her and she ends up treating him like a one night stand, I imagine that would hurt. I would also think men and women are the same in that they both want to be liked for themselves and not for their body parts.

But I think if the man wants to just have sex, no strings attached, he's less likely to care than a woman. I think there is actually some sort of chemical change that happens in both men and women's bodies after sex (with oxytocin levels). Those levels rise in both men and women and the biological purpose of it is to "bond" a couple and make them want to stick together. But there is speculation that estrogen enhances that bonding effect, where testosterone reduces the effect... thus, women become more bonded after sex than men (and therefore more hurt when it's just about sex). The reason for this is that it's a biological advantage in women because oxytocin is also released after childbirth (and that plus estrogen helps a mother bond with her baby... leading her to take care of it more. Basically, a "Selected for" trait).

But then again, I am a woman trying to speculate what a man would think. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,982 times
It would depend on if I really liked her or not. Then I'd wonder if she thought I was bad or something, lol.

If I'm not looking for anything serious, then I wouldn't care.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 AM

529 posts, read 702,014 times
Right, it basically comes down to the intentions of the man. If he was just being a player and had no actual concern for the woman other than "another notch on the belt," then no. But if he was actually interested in the woman, then yes. It's really not a difficult question.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:00 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
I presume that if a guy was only concerned about getting one night of sex from some woman, they'd just hire a prostitute and not have to pay for dinner.
And then there are some guys who don't really want to mess with prostitutes, don't have to pay for sex, dinner or anything else.

Men and women are just different. Most men do not mind having a one night stand even if nothing comes of it, and most women prefer to have sex only with men whom they would want a LTR with, although that has been changing as well. Plenty of young women give it up freely.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:09 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,996,892 times
Wow, jillabean, that was quite a lesson in hormones and chemistry. I'll remember that next time my wife and I...you know. Nothing enhances the experience quite like knowing what is actually going on inside our bodies. And that's no joke. The beat shooters are the ones who have a firm understanding of their gun, it's mechanics, and cartridge performance. The beat race car drivers understand their cars. I'm sure the more we learn about what is actually happening to us during sex the better at it we will become.

In response to the OP, i think it just depends on expectations going in. I got the ole' "pump 'n' dump" a couple times. Most of the time I knew it was coming based on conversation before it happened. And now more than ever sex is treated as this casual non-committal recreational pastime more so than an intimate connection with another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships