Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:21 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times

Advertisements

Ok, so this is a specific situation, so, obviously I have to give you the specifics for you to be able to give me a good and informed answer. Here goes:

There is this girl that started working where I do, about five days ago. Before she came along it was pretty much exclusively a sausage fest or the women were far too old. Anyway, this girl is absolutely gorgeous, and of course it didn't take long for the dudes to flock around her, catering to her every wim. Now I'm the kinda guy that takes it slow when I am interested in someone, getting to know them, having work related convos and light conversation about other things. I don't go it real strong because I am shy and thats just me. This approach however, is going to fail miserably because there is at least one other guy that is going at her pretty aggressive, and she seems interested in him as well. When it dawned on me that she was likely more interested in him then me, Im not even going to lie, it really hurt. At first I said to myself, .....**** it, I'm out and I don't even care. Trouble is it's sort of affecting my work and my mind is constantly thinking of her throughout the day..... Nice way to pass the time, but also less productive.

Ok, so this guy, really kind of like { as a freind obviouisly } but one thing about it is..... he has a girlfreind, and is still trying to put the moves on this other girl. Doesn't care either. The girl where I work, as far as I know, doesn't know about his girlfreind. So, I devised this plan in my head. I want to go up to her, MYnumber written on a piece of paper, and say,

" that other dude has a girlfreind and all the others have wives, so if you ever want to hang with a real man who's not a douchebag, text me sometime"

Hand her the paper with my # on it, and walk away. Would YOU find this to be a display of a lot of confidence, arrogance, or just plain pathetic?

There are some problems I can see arising from this if I decide to do it:

What if she doesn't contact me? Wouldn't that make things awkward at work around her even though I don't really have to interact with her much?

She will inevitably tell the "other guy" what went down, and he will likely be angry with me..... not that I care, I only have to deal with him for about ten minutes at the end of the day

If she isn;t interested, she may find it pathetic....

I don't know, part of me wants to just throw my cards down on the table and go all in, and let whatever will be, be. At least this way I could know for sure where I stand on her interest level and be rid of the constant thinking of her either way. What do y'all think and why?

{ please don't come at me with the "never date a girl you work with thing" Go on ALL the facts I gave you. If you need to, pretend this isn't a work situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 04:29 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
" that other dude has a girlfreind and all the others have wives, so if you ever want to hang with a real man who's not a douchebag, text me sometime"

So you basically want to tell her that you are her best choice by default? And you want her to text you? Nah. Just ask her out point blank or ask for her number. If she says no, you have your answer.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:31 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,111,132 times
It's only been 5 days? You need to relax. You don't even know this chick. Say hello to her, be friendly, and see what happens. I really wouldn't go the route of handing her my number and walking away. She'll find out soon enough the other guy has a girlfriend.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post

So you basically want to tell her that you are her best choice by default? And you want her to text you? Nah. Just ask her out point blank or ask for her number. If she says no, you have your answer.
The problem with asking point blank is that then I have to wait around a couple moments for the point blank rejection if it occurs that way. I don't like that. I know I'm a whining scissy but it is what it is.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:37 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
It's only been 5 days? You need to relax. You don't even know this chick. Say hello to her, be friendly, and see what happens. I really wouldn't go the route of handing her my number and walking away. She'll find out soon enough the other guy has a girlfriend.
Exactly! They act like they've never seen a girl. Sounds like an HR issue going on there lol. If i were the girl I might just quit. All that drama and nonsense is a good example of why co-workers shouldn't date.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Thats another thing. Even if I decide not to ask her out for myself, should I still go up and say something like, "hey, that guy has a girlfreind.... just thought you should know"

And yes it's only been five days, but her beauty is intoxicating and my work is stressful enough without this kind of thing going on.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:42 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,111,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Thats another thing. Even if I decide not to ask her out for myself, should I still go up and say something like, "hey, that guy has a girlfreind.... just thought you should know"

And yes it's only been five days, but her beauty is intoxicating and my work is stressful enough without this kind of thing going on.
I feel sorry for this woman. She's starting a new job and here are all these perverts in some kind of competition to see who can date her first. She isn't a piece of meat. If your work is so stressful, focus on your work and not the pretty woman. Do the guys you work with have no other means to meet women?? Sheesh. And no, I wouldn't tell her. It's none of your business.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Exactly! They act like they've never seen a girl. Sounds like an HR issue going on there lol. If i were the girl I might just quit. All that drama and nonsense is a good example of why co-workers shouldn't date.
I think it's some what of a return to our primitive roots. We see another guy moving in, and we want to take him out of the equation. Thats another thing, I am actualy fine with the fact that she may not want to date "me" but I don't want her dating anyone else I work with either..... weird. Jealousy issues, I know.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:46 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Did you ever think that maybe SHE is attached as well?

Or MAYBE she is there to actually do her job and doesn't want to be hit on. Being friendly is one thing, but all you guys oogling over her is pathetic.

You are going to make her work environment very awkward and uncomfortable. The poor girl has only been there 5 days!

Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM

[
Quote:
quote=strawberrykiki;24915676]I feel sorry for this woman. She's starting a new job and here are all these perverts in some kind of competition to see who can date her first
Wrong, no. I will not compete, and I don't want to. Thats why UI wanna just put it all out there.

Quote:
. She isn't a piece of meat. If your work is so stressful, focus on your work and not the pretty woman.
Therein lays the problem.
Quote:
Do the guys you work with have no other means to meet women?? Sheesh.
I don't know. I just got done commenting to one of the older employees today that you would think these boys never caught a wiff before. I guess I'm just as bad, but I'm not all over her like these other guys are. I let her be and have been trying to help her along in her new job. Showing her the ropes so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships