Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,112,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Well, like I said, here in the USA, it is very hard to find a woman who is beautiful and smart at the same time-Usually, the American women that I have met who are very smart tend to be very unattractive, nerdy, not very feminine and very awkward socially.

Then, you have the girls that look nice but they have nothing but crap for brains-these girls all sound the same, all dress the same away, all say the same things, all watch the same shows, all read the same BS magazines like People and Cosmopolitan- One that comes to mind is that Kendra Wilkinson, one of Hugh Heffner's woman- she is cute, but when you hear her talk, she is borderline retarded.

In Europe, South America and Asia, women tend to take better care of themselves than women here- like today, I met an European friend at a bar to watch the soccer game and it took her an hour to get ready, she was wearing a sexy dress and heels Most women at the bar were wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt.

So, what I find attractive about foreign women vs American women is the fact that: they take better care of themselves, they are not afraid of being feminine, they don't need to be telling a man what to do in order to feel "equal" and they tend to be more intelligent.
You can add Australian women to that list. A good majority of them fit this stereotype, and I notice a lot of them just want to settle down with a house in the 'burbs, kids, the whole domestic bliss thing. Tend to be less open-minded than Europeans.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:03 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Well, like I said, here in the USA, it is very hard to find a woman who is beautiful and smart at the same time-Usually, the American women that I have met who are very smart tend to be very unattractive, nerdy, not very feminine and very awkward socially.
You really seem to have trouble meeting quality women. What do you look like and dress, and talk like, I wonder? To attract the kind of women you claim you want to meet, you have to do better than your posts here.

Quote:
In Europe, South America and Asia, women tend to take better care of themselves than women here- like today, I met an European friend at a bar to watch the soccer game and it took her an hour to get ready, she was wearing a sexy dress and heels Most women at the bar were wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt.

So, what I find attractive about foreign women vs American women is the fact that: they take better care of themselves, they are not afraid of being feminine, they don't need to be telling a man what to do in order to feel "equal" and they tend to be more intelligent.
It's American women who work out at the gym and stay in shape well into their later years. Interesting that you would find taking an hour to get ready to watch a soccer game at a bar to be a virtue. Most men complain about how long women take to get ready. I can't imagine where you found a bar where women were wearing sweatpants. Your hangouts seem to reflect your whole attitude here on the forum. No wonder you have a hard time finding quality women. You prefer the bar with the sweatpants crowd.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:08 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica Statler View Post
My husband he is white and I am hispanic, we met over facebook and fell in love, well the thing I have noticed is that most americans I know always date or even get married to foreigners, why is that? do they don't get along with Americans? LOL just wondering, how many of you have dated someone from another country? or married them?

Actually they don't. For example, Western women are very distrustful of their own countrymen which is why most women are quick to label a man a "creep", a "looser", or a "pervert" at the slightest provocation or at the slightest moment a man makes them feel uncomfortable.

Another point is that this country had a feminist movement where over the decades the movement turned into a platform that promotes male bashing.

Western men are simply tired of this so they're looking abroad to find women who will treat them better and not make them feel guilty or inferior for simply being born a male.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You really seem to have trouble meeting quality women. What do you look like and dress, and talk like, I wonder? To attract the kind of women you claim you want to meet, you have to do better than your posts here.

It's American women who work out at the gym and stay in shape well into their later years. Interesting that you would find taking an hour to get ready to watch a soccer game at a bar to be a virtue. Most men complain about how long women take to get ready. I can't imagine where you found a bar where women were wearing sweatpants. Your hangouts seem to reflect your whole attitude here on the forum. No wonder you have a hard time finding quality women. You prefer the bar with the sweatpants crowd.
Go to a place that has a lot of Russian tourists. I've never seen so many overweight people, mostly the Middle aged ones, in my life. And they show off all their glory at the beach too.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Actually they don't. For example, Western women are very distrustful of their own countrymen which is why most women are quick to label a man a "creep", a "looser", or a "pervert" at the slightest provocation or at the slightest moment a man makes them feel uncomfortable.
Gross exaggeration. Something tells me you've come on too strong with women, or done something to creep a few out.

Quote:
Another point is that this country had a feminist movement where over the decades the movement turned into a platform that promotes male bashing.

Western men are simply tired of this so they're looking abroad to find women who will treat them better and not make them feel guilty or inferior for simply being born a male.
How many women have you run into in real life that engage in male bashing? I don't know any that do that. A lot of women are looking for nice guys (contrary to popular belief here on C-D) with whom to share a loving, mutually supportive relationship. Sad that you're not able to find bright, happy, well-adjusted women.

There's that "Western" men thing again. Europe is the West. Or did you mean Russia and the Philippines, the main sources of purportedly docile, compliant, your-wish-is-my-command type women?

Old 07-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
One thing I think we can say for sure is that too many American men don't know how to relate to women, they have no idea how to approach women, as we can see from so many threads here.
That's because the majority of American women are not approachable! Young American women (21-35) are very rude, impolite and indifferent towards strange men who approach them.

So what happens is that men stop approaching American women because facing so much harsh rejection in addition to the the risk of jail time/job loss for "sexual harassment" makes talking to strange women not even worth it.

Quote:
Foreign guys don't have that problem so much.
That's because their women are friendly and approachable so they get more practice in. Also, in other cultures, people are more friendly and free spirited and have less social hangups then Americans.

And lastly, foreign women have no problems approaching and taking to strange men. They simply lack the fear and smug attitude that's common in Western women.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Go to a place that has a lot of Russian tourists. I've never seen so many overweight people, mostly the Middle aged ones, in my life. And they show off all their glory at the beach too.
LOL! I know. But the women in their teens and 20's wear those rear-high black spandex tube skirts and heels that a certain type of man in the West finds attractive.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
That's because the majority of American women are not approachable! Young American women (21-35) are very rude, impolite and indifferent towards strange men who approach them.

So what happens is that men stop approaching American women because facing so much harsh rejection in addition to the the risk of jail time/job loss for "sexual harassment" makes talking to strange women not even worth it.

That's because their women are friendly and approachable so they get more practice in. Also, in other cultures, people are more friendly and free spirited and have less social hangups then Americans.

I was watching some forgettable kid's show the other day and the dialogue rather disconcerted me. That whole 'ewww, creep/loser' way of thinking about the world is programmed into girls at a young age. What's with all these shows aimed at tweens and younger and the ditzy valley girl talk?

Old 07-01-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I was watching some forgettable kid's show the other day and the dialogue rather disconcerted me. That whole 'ewww, creep/loser' way of thinking about the world is programmed into girls at a young age. What's with all these shows aimed at tweens and younger and the ditzy valley girl talk?
Girls in this country are being ruined at early ages. Walt Disney is a prime example with all the price charming garbage that girls are led to believe where some rich guy will come and rescue them.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Girls in this country are being ruined at early ages. Walt Disney is a prime example with all the price charming garbage that girls are led to believe where some rich guy will come and rescue them.

LOL hey I love old school Disney, I also loved movies like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Little Mermaid, I was a kid of the 90s!

Plenty of little girls my age watched them and didn't end up like that. I'm more concerned with the stuff that's on today, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships